Are JWs Who Join This Forum Expected to Tow the Accepted Line of

by believingxjw 119 Replies latest jw friends

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Outlaw, lol

I can hear Jaracz say: " As much as I like AlanF Ray Franz..He wasn`t above the rules here.."

Please, few have contributed as much as AlanF and the Norwegian friends who were put out.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    believingxjw: In your opinion, WHO should get to decide the manner in which criticism of the way this forum is oeprated should be handled?

I would like your opinion on the question I asked above, because I think it gets to the heart of the matter. Or, if you will, let's personalize the issue.

Suppose you take your time, money, creativity and energy and open an Internet forum. Should you get to decide how it operates? Or, would you allow multiple, anonymous participants to create the rules?

• tec
    tec

Sometimes it is better just to let things go. I don't know everything that went on in whatever led to this thread, but what I saw seemed overblown. Probably on both sides, as tends to be the norm.

But bottom line, almost every place in the world has rules that must be followed, and consequences if they are not. The banning on this site is in no way like the df'ing from the JW's. You can be resurrected here as many times as you want; you're not going to die at armageddon; you don't have to give up family, friends, livelihood. But how else would the rules be enforced by those who continue to break them?

Tammy

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Believing exJW..

Your comparing JWN to the WBT$?..

That is Absolutely Stupid..

No one loses friends and family if they are tossed off JWN..

No one is thrown off of JWN,for associating with someone who has been tossed off of JWN..

Thereby,also losing family and friends..

If you have a personal problem with a Mod..Take it up in Private..

If you want to make a Public Display about Guidelines being Enforced..Then get tossed..

Your not going to get much sympathy from most people here..

.................;-)...OUTLAW

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Leaving,

I truly respect you, please believe that. What is this forum? It is, imo, a place for those thrown out of, or who have left, the JW religion. What are we doing here? Sometimes we expose the JW religion, we also make friends, we heal. This is not just any forum, it is a healing place, a place to experience what we never had, a place to make friends, a place to say what is in our hearts and minds.

I'm not posting this thread for myself, I'm merely trying to say that to heal we must be allowed to speak out. And speak out even here. Is that so bad?

• White Dove
  • Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

awww BelievingJW... Tell us your thoughts.. we will listen, we may disagree and let you know but you can tell us

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

No Room...

It is interesting isn't that we must be careful what we say lest we be banned here. Not for obscene speech or claims of being the Messiah ect, but only for saying we don't like or agree with what a prominent ExJW has to say!

This is very much like the JW religion operates!

I don't think I can recall anyone ever getting banned here over disagreeing with the more popular WT dissenters. However I will say this, the only popular WT dissenter you can get away with critisizing without alienating the elite, is Rick Fearon. Other than that, no matter how good your intentions are, other dissenters are off limits when it comes to respectfully offering constructive criticism. Besty will come on here like Captain Save-A-Hoe and label you part of the anonymous peanut gallery on JWN who have accomplished and done absolutely nothing for the apostate cause.

edit post: hoping Steve2 sees this thread. I swear when it comes to fire in someone's tummy, him and Wing Commander take getting pissed off to a whole new level.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Thank you, SA.

You are quite welcome, dear one!

You have been here long enough to know that injustice has been done towards those who at one time posted here, AlanF and others included.

Dear BEJW... I am going to say something to you that you might not want to hear. But... it is the TRUTH: life... in this world... is not fair. Never had been, since Eden. No one promised any of us that it would be. If we can be sure of nothing we can be sure of death, taxes, change... and injustice... in THIS world. And, right now, you're in THIS world. This is a private meeting place, dear one. It isn't run by the government. It's private... and so you are a guest. A guest is good... if he respects the rules of the householder... or the one(s) the householder designates to enforce his rules. To disrespect those designees... is to disrespect the householder. To disrespect the householder... means risking be asked to leave (if not forthrightly put out of) the house. Do you see that?

Other than dear Simon and Angharad, we are, all of us, guests. Even the moderators; however, the moderators have "special" house "privileges" that some of the rest of us don't. How can we take issue with that, though... when it ain't our house? Wouldn't doing so be rude... and not only a disregard for the hospitality of the householder (however limited it may be)... but utter impertinence?

I get it... all of other guests GET it. But... it is what it IS. We're just trying to help you see that you're in another's house and potentially acting like a "poor" houseguest. True, someone else may have taken advantage of the householder's hospitality, too, and it has gone unseen, unnoticed, seen by not dealt with, or ignored altogether. That does not, however, preclude the kind of house guest YOU'RE supposed to be, does it?

You have appealed to the board, dear one, and apparently few agree with you. NOT because they CAN'T... but because they DON'T. You must allow yourself to accept that... just as you wish us to accept YOUR point of view. This is, of course, with regard to your position re the board moderation. Whatever led to that matter is, of course, out of the scope of this discussion.

Again, I bid you peace!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

No Room,

" Besty will come on here like Captain Save-A-Hoe and label you part of the anonymous peanut gallery on JWN who have accomplished and done absolutely nothing for the apostate cause."

LOL, so tell me is the myth still alive that JWD is the beginning and the end of the apostate cause? Hardly! There are many out there who work hard to bring change to the Watchtower and who never post on this forum! A little humility is a good thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit