Are JWs Who Join This Forum Expected to Tow the Accepted Line of

by believingxjw 119 Replies latest jw friends

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Can those prominent in the "apostate" world be criticized? We expect that JWs be willing to read and swallow what is written here about their leaders and I agree with this. But...do we also allow criticism of those taking the lead among us? Or is there a double standard here?

Can a poster here criticize and vehemently disagree with recognized "leaders" in the exJW world just as many here disagree with the Watchtower or religion in general?

Or do we exercise a GB standard here: criticize those who take a leading role among us and you get your mouth taped shut?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

As with everything, if you must disagree, at least provide some evidence.

'Sides, we all have opinions, and should be allowed to voice them. This is part of the reason we left the WT.

Wanna disagree with Franz? Anderson? Go ahead. But, be kind enough to us to let us know why. Otherwise, it sounds like your just anti-establishment.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Who would you say takes the lead here? There is no "governing body" at JWN.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

Knowsnothing,

I agree! But there have been times here when disagreement took the sad road of "disfellowshipment." For instance one of the premier posters in the exJW world, AlanF, was thrown off this site. As were other prominent posters. My point? What goes around comes around. We cannot put down the GB for throwing out members who disagreed with them when we ourselves are doing the same thing!!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Your premise is wrong....there is no us here

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

As someone with experience on this very issue, let me say................absolutely nothing!!!! Maybe Steve2 will see this thread.

• believingxjw
    believingxjw

No Room...

It is interesting isn't that we must be careful what we say lest we be banned here. Not for obscene speech or claims of being the Messiah ect, but only for saying we don't like or agree with what a prominent ExJW has to say!

This is very much like the JW religion operates!

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

believingxjw, you have a pm.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Just as there are rules in my country that I cannot break there are rules here that I cannot break. And just as in my country the law is interpreted, then applied. Where there are humans there will be fallible interpretation.

The worse thing they do here is ban your account, right? I have seen Alice come back 50 billion times already. You just lose handles and postcounts here really.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    It is interesting isn't that we must be careful what we say lest we be banned here. Not for obscene speech or claims of being the Messiah ect, but only for saying we don't like or agree with what a prominent ExJW has to say!

If you walked into a business and had a knock down drag out verbal shouting match with the owner would you call "commy's!" if you were banned from the establishment?

It doesn't matter if you had a good point, he's the owner.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit