Jehovah's witness meetings are NOT BORING......

by punkofnice 122 Replies latest jw experiences

• d
    d

I know it was boring and the bible questions were not easy. I actually tried reading the entire bible I will never do that again.

• Searchn4answrs
    Searchn4answrs

As a teenager I got pretty decent, at creating sultry characters ,resembling my fellow witnesses.. Old and young no one was spared...We (siblings) had a notebook dedicated to this entertainment..never got busted!!

• Dune
    Dune

I was a mic boy and would oogle the sisters.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@godrulz – I find the contrast is easy. Kingdom Hall – Cold, heartless, businesslike and all about promoting the WTB$. Church = Warm, welcoming and all about worship.

@White Dove – As the Skids sung – Come and play circus games, come and plat AT circus games.

@Simon17 – When I was in the sound booth I’d deliberately not turn on the mic for brothers that loved themselves and turn it off and on to annoy them.

@White Dove – I remember in the late 60’s early 70’s after the group, they always got on to sharing demon stories. Scared me to death!

@Girlie – Your plans all worked out. Ironic they were fomented in the stale, cold air of the KH!

@DanaBug – The catwalks were above us at the ice rink and I imagined being a spy or super-hero swinging around up there. More fun than the ham acted costume drama anyday.

@oompa – There was a brother caught ‘bumping his baloney’ in the khazi. The attendants thought he was in trouble because of the noises he was making. He was a sandwich short of a picnic though.

@d – The Bible questions weren’t easy because they bore no relation to the Bible methinks. The watchtower is their god.

@Searchn4answrs – More creative use of ‘dead’ time.

@Dune – Being a mic boy had it’s advantages, certainly!

• man in black
    man in black

as a young kid I would imagine these intracate missions where snipers ( I was one of them) would break into the hall and shoot the speaker, or certain elders. I would map out every step, every move which could take most of the meeting.

Then sometimes I would imagine that the police were called, so my guys would have to find a good place to hide in the hall and defend ourselves.

Places to hide, people to use as human shields, I had it all figured out .

Boy I had some great stories during those years, Bruce Willis could have made several movies with my material.

• sizemik
    sizemik

I went through a period where I spent a lot of time patrolling the carpark . . . very exciting.

• TimothyT
    TimothyT

Deface literature! HAHA!!! :D

Sometimes my brother would write VERY VERY VERY funny captions to illustrations and photos in the Watchtower.

I would read them and couldnt contain myself. A number of times i laughed at loud in the meetings.

Good times!

• william hahn
    william hahn

Man i would love to hold an "assembly" with everyone who has posted on this.it would be funny ,engaging and most importantly not boring.

i wish i had all the mags i have ever used at the meetings as my older brothers and me were influenced by Mad magazines so we would draw comics all around the edges of the page.i have to say how cool it was when an issue had pictures of fighter jets or tanks cause then it was ok to draw them cause Watchtower had it in!cant argue with that.

Did anyone else work out the 2 minute prestudy trick with watchtower study articles? the WT always has same method generally the answer is in the first sentence or the last so just quickly highlight both and chances are you have got the answer! parents thought i was always good prestudying WT , i had used this trick up till Jan when disfellowshipped as nosy elders would do mikes in WT study to see who prestudied and who didnt.i often penned blah blah blah with line circling a scripture so i looked even more diligent.

If we did organize our own assembly what would we call it?................Village of the damned?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@Men in black – Shoot the speaker. Brilliant!

@Sizemik – The car park is a great place to text ‘worldly’ friends.

@timothyT – Defaced litter-trash is the best sort.

@william hahn – I remember underlining any old thing just to make it look like I’d done my ‘tower’. A friend once looked at it and when the conductor parroted off the question my friend said: ‘I dare you to answer what you’ve underlined!’ Oh, how we guffawed!

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

The meetings are boring because it is impossible to follow the reasoning behind the doctrine. None of it makes any sense, and it is easier to just tune out. Other times, its just a sales meeting...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit