Jehovah's witness meetings are NOT BORING......

by punkofnice 122 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

...I was told but they usually were as I look back.

As a lad I'd sit and look to see who the lights would fall on. I'd get an almond and see how long I could suck it before I chewed at it. I'd imagine playing Rock'n'roll on the congregation's piano.

How did you get through the meetings when you were bored?

• talesin
    talesin

On Sunday mornings - the worst ones, cause I've always had insomnia and as a teenager early mornings sucked ...

I would prop the WT on my lap, held in my left hand, resting on my crossed leg, incline my head slightly so that my long hair fell like a curtain on either side of my face .. and take cat naps.

tal /

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I used to do the same, think about who the lights would fall on LOL

Day dream alot about nothing.

think about what i would have like to have done with the teenage sisters (my age group)

read other books during talk & watchtoewer

chew gum

listen to the radio (once, never got caught)

go for a walk

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@talesin. I developed the 'nap' stance too. Until one assembly, in the middle row, I fell into a sleep and jumped and woke myself up.

Those around me laughed. I decided it was wiser to sit nearer the back for napping.

• Reality79
    Reality79

When I was a boy some of us used to go to the gents toilets one at a time at the back of the hall and just play about. A few people caught on to what we were doing and put a stop to it - much like they do with anything that brings joy and fun.

As I got older, just sneak looking at my watch: "only 45 mins to go.....30 mins....10 mins...etc". No other way unfortunately, it's not like I could play the PSP or anything lol. I found Sunday meetings a little bit more bearable for some reason.

When we were fading, sometimes we'd just walk out as soon as the public talk was over. Then when it was most bearable was when we stopped going altogether!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I'd count different things in the Kingdumb Hall. Like, the grates on the vents.... omg, that's how bored I was! I was always very happy when it was over and we'd stand for the last song!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@finallysomepride - Yup. Deffo had 'masturbatory' thoughts abot the sisters when I was a teen!

Trouble with gum was that once the flavour was gone.....................yuk!

• Lunatic Faith
    Lunatic Faith

Yeah I would count too, skeeter. The number of people wearing a certain color, the number of kids, the number of lights and ceiling tiles. If I sat toward the back I could watch various dramas unfold around me: public displays of affection, kids getting smacked, who is flirting with who, etc.

When I was about 10 I tried bringing a fiction book and hiding it inside my big bible. I thought I had it all figured out and sat in back so no one behind could see what I was reading. I neglected to notice the attendant standing behind me. I got caught the first time I tried it! So I never did it again.

I always liked to draw, too, if I pretended to take notes I could doodle freely.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@Reality79 - Yup. Fun is VERBOTEN in the cult!

@skeeter1 & @Lunatic Faith - you must have been bored out of your skulls counting stuff. Perhaps 'the Count' from 'Sessame Street' would have enjoyed the meetings.

• talesin
    talesin

lol@ punk I can imagine that clearly!

chew gum

Trouble with gum was that once the flavour was gone.....................yuk!

so, you guys are the ones who used to stick the gum under the chair!

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit