Jehovah's witness meetings are NOT BORING......

by punkofnice 122 Replies latest jw experiences

• mrquik
    mrquik

My mother always made us sit up front. A friend of mine always sat ahead of us. One Sunday my brother noticed Billy snoring softly with his eyes open. We begged him to teach us how to do that. I asked his wife years later if he still does that. She said yes indeed. Now there's a talent I wish I had growing up.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I used to sit at the Kingdumb hell and notice boobies when I was a younger teenager. As I got older I sat and relived tracks of Led Zep, Boy George and Beethoven string quartets in my head.

Whatnow - do something for the sake of your baby already! In a few years it will have listened to hours of cult crap embedded in the subconscious. This could come back to bite you, or even result in worse in a no blood situation.

HB

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

Oh what painfully boring memories of the meetings ! My only respite was when my dad would break open his brief case,unwrap and pass around the LifeSavers candy. I remember before conventions, everyone in my family was allowed to pick out our own roll of LifeSavers to ration for all three days. I always like the Root Beer flavor.

I counted ceiling tiles, read random parts of the Bible, day dreamed, scribbled, and what my mom found most annoying - in order to stay awake I would try to write verbattem what the speaker was saying just to keep my brain occupied. I would be writting furiously in my notepad and my mom would smack me on the leg and tell me tp " quit that!".

• The Finger
    The Finger

i slept on the floor i took a colouing book with those pencils that have two different colours one at each end i counted the bricks in the wall. i counted the ceiling tiles. i tried to get to the bottom of the page in as straight line without touching any type, i enjoyed looking at the attractive sisters i read portions of the bible that were interesting i looked up scriptures that contradicted the talk being given i stood in the foyer i stood outside i sat in the car finally i stopped going

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I remember before conventions, everyone in my family was allowed to pick out
    our own roll of LifeSavers to ration for all three days. I always like the Root Beer flavor.....Firstnamelastname

Candy was Normal at Meetings and Assemblys..

Then when the Kids get Hyper from eating Too Much Candy..

http://thefitrx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/HyperKid.jpg

Beat them!..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• unshackled
    unshackled

I would use the appendix to see what "dirty" words I could find in the Bible. Or pretend my pen was a mini laser gun, which would zap the person I pointed it at....especially at district conventions.

Favorite time killer was adding text bubbles to the illustrations or adding my own doodles to make some joke.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

I'd usually sit in the last row in the corner with the latest copy of Rolling Stone hiding under my Bible.....

• talesin
    talesin

@ OUTLAW

Think I posted this years ago, but my earliest memory at the KH was of the KIng Elder in these here parts admonishing the congregation to keep the little ones from squirming in their seats and/or making noise while meetings were being conducted ,,,

"and when you take your children to the bathroom for discipline, that's when we really want to hear them"

Fond memories, indeed ... NOT!

tal

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I counted ceiling tiles and floor tiles, investigated the cracks where walls meet, critiqued the latest fashions worn by welfare recipients while I am in rags, brother's ties. It would be so comical if all felt this way.

Frankly, I have trouble quieting down. I have an addiction to excitement. In my present church, I read the Book of Common Prayer, the Articles of Faith and prayer book revisions from Henry VIII to present. If I am lucky, there is a Bible in the pews. So I read something that interests me. I do it subtly. What is more, I've seen others do it. Some celebrated doctor left the Episcopal Church about $25 million to improve sermon quality. He said he was tired of reading his prayer book. Church people view this as funny and good-natured. Children have activity bags and sunday school.

Sometimes I get up and walk around to stretch my legs. I'm not the only one. If I were dictator of a religion, my first concern would be faith, then literacy of basic doctrine, good acts, pure hearts then I would worry about idiocy such as sitting in a folding chair for hours reading a silly mag.

Imagine the Second Coming and the majesty of the Vatican x 3 trillion. God judges people. Mother Theresa comes forward. No, you did not pay attention on 12/13/98. St. Francis of Assisi--No, you took an extraneous bathroom break on xx/xx/xxxx. Right.

• Scully
    Scully

talesin:

On Sunday mornings - the worst ones, cause I've always had insomnia and as a teenager early mornings sucked ...

I love you, dahling, but if you had insomnia, you obviously weren't reading your Watchtower at bedtime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit