Jehovah's witness meetings are NOT BORING......

by punkofnice 122 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

For a long time I was actually carried along by the belief that there must somehow be a point that I was missing:

- i.e. I was finding the meetings boring, simply because there must be something wrong with me!

After all the hype that I had heard beforehand about what a mind-altering experience it was to attend a meeting at the Kingdom Hall, the reality was a let down. It took a while for the penny to drop, though!

Bill.

• godrulz
    godrulz

I have heard some of the best Christian speakers in the world and read the greatest Christian writing through the centuries. JW/WT stuff is simplistic and boring in comparison (not to mention amateurish and false). It is a sin to make the Bible and things of God so boring. Don't get me started on the communist-like droning/singing that is not worship in any sense.

• designs
    designs

godrulz-

Don't kid yourself. I spent years going to Churches after the JWs, the Church speakers are no better, pompous asses mostly in love with the sound of their own voices.

• godrulz
    godrulz

True of some vs all. Personally, Charles Stanley is solid in content, but a sleeper as a presenter. I am used to dynamic, anointed preaching of God's Word. Guess I am spoiled.

• designs
    designs

You must enjoy being blinded by the Bling on their fingers...

One awful display was by two Calvary Chapel Pastors 'laying their hands' on a young teenage girl. They had her sandwiched between the two of them in full body press. Her parents and the parishoners should have protested.

• godrulz
    godrulz

I agree that legit churches can do wrong things because they have fallible people in them. Doctrine and practice should be consistent, but are not always so. There is a difference between a false cult doctrinally and a Christian church with sound doctrine. Leaders in either group may be immoral, but that would be contrary to their teachings, not consistent with it (except old Children of God cult and their flirty fishing prostitution 'evangelism').

• designs
    designs

Oh these were absolutely holy born againers...........that's what they make sure you hear over and over...

• godrulz
    godrulz

People with sound doctrine, including in the first century, could be sinful in practice (see Corinthians). Again, there is a difference between Jim Jones (false doctrine and practice) and a true Christian who does wrong things. There is a difference between an atheist fornicating and a Christian fornicating. Both are sinning, yet one is a Christian and the other is a godless atheist. The issue is core belief vs degree of perfection. We do not condone sin in anyone, but theism vs atheism is another polar matter.

• designs
    designs

"There is a difference between an atheist fornicating and a christian fornicating"......... oh Wow it must have something to do with position

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I would have full-on conversations with my friend I sat with during the meetings. Written conversations. I still have Kingdom Ministries covered with scribbles from our conversations about people we knew from school, or people in the Kingdom Hall, or whatever else we wanted to talk about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit