Jehovah's witness meetings are NOT BORING......

by punkofnice 122 Replies latest jw experiences

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

The ones I stayed awake for were quite riveting.

• talesin
    talesin

Just thought of something else I did as a young teen.

I had a running volunteer thing with the TMS overseer. If someone didn't show up to give their talk, I would fill in. (we had 2 TMS, one up, one downstairs) Almost every week, they needed a fill-in,,, so I'd quickly prepare my scenario, downstairs in the kitchen, go back up and grab another 'sister' to act as my householder, then back downstairs and practice our 'talk' ,,,

I'd miss the first half or whatever of the meeting, and actually be doing something interesting! It was also a bit of a challenge to put it together quickly, and I got lots of praise, which was nice, as there were not a lot of opportunities for gurls to *shine*.

t

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

One brave individual dared to mention that he thought the meetings were boring to one of the elders and was immediately shot down with ..............."we are not here to be entertained".

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@Outlaw - How did you find my congregation? Nice one.

@Found Sheep - Good practice if you ever want to work for the FBI.

@Charlie Brown Jnr - 1984 has produced creativity for the first time.

@Keyser soze - The rivets kept you awake?

@Talesin - Again creativity prevails

@Amelia Ashton - Priceless!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    @Keyser soze - The rivets kept you awake?

No, usually it was my mom elbowing me. When she was awake, that is.

• pirata
    pirata

When I was young, I used to imagine a bouncing ball (thing pong), and trace it's trajectory as it bounced around the stage.

@Found Sheep, that's a great idea. I'm going to try it, my LH skills need improving.

• clarity
    clarity

Well I came into this religion cult with a couple of kids in tow, so was pretty blitzed out to start with ... could always count on standing at the back or walking around outside with them, so that sure helped!

Outlaw's picture sure highlites why there are no windows in these buildings lol, there would be such a panic to grab the window seats! I guess CB had the only one!

The following is why I just couldn't go again........too funny.

Meetings are only boring to adults who aren't paying any attention and children who have no idea what's going on. When I attend meetings, it's all I can do to keep myself from rushing the stage and announcing they're all a bunch of retarded idolaters for worshiping 7 old men they can't even identify.

I've gotten to the point where I don't stifle my snickers and moans every time they say something blasphemous or stupid. I can't get tired at a meeting, because I'm too pissed off and want to punch someone"

clarity

• What Now?
    What Now?

It was great in the summer when flies would get into the building. I would watch them buzzing around the whole meeting. It's great now that I have a baby! I can spend nearly the entire meeting in the mothers room, or walking around the lobby.

• nugget
    nugget

Me my less boring meetings were the one when I fell off the stage. The one where there was a marking talk and I had no idea what the PO was talking about spent the whole time going huh.

Time when had to deal with someone having a panic attack at the back of the hall bless her it went on for ages and I missed the whole meeting.

Time when I told an elder that the elderly sister who had passed out needed an ambulance and no it was not debatable. Being first aider was awesome I miss that.

Hubbys talks were good they were actually interesting.

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

I USED TO SPEND AGES PLATTING AND MESSING ABOUT WITH THE BOOK MARK THING IN THE BIBLE.

I ALSO USED TO ENJOY READING THE THE RUDE BITS OF THE BIBLE. SONG OF SOLOMON WAS MY FAV.

ARTE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit