Jehovah's witness meetings are NOT BORING......

by punkofnice 122 Replies latest jw experiences

• WontLeave
    WontLeave

Meetings are only boring to adults who aren't paying any attention and children who have no idea what's going on. When I attend meetings, it's all I can do to keep myself from rushing the stage and announcing they're all a bunch of retarded idolaters for worshiping 7 old men they can't even identify.

I've gotten to the point where I don't stifle my snickers and moans every time they say something blasphemous or stupid. I can't get tired at a meeting, because I'm too pissed off and want to punch someone.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@talesin. I was a good dub. I didn't stick gum under the chair. I'd either introduce some new gum (usually Beechnut), or take a walk outside and spit it out when no one was looking.

• JonathanH
    JonathanH

I used to play elaborate games in my mind as a kid. There were two aisles the men with the microphones would walk up and down during the question and answer parts, so I would in my mind imagine would would win a fight, batman or spiderman, or whatever heroes I was interested in at the time, and it would be decided by which microphone carrier served the most people. So somebody on the left aisle gets called on that's a point for spiderman, two on the right side is two points for batman. Meanwhile I'm imagining the epic battle in my head during the parts where they were reading paragraphs. And when that got boring I either fell asleep or thought about sex, or thought about sex and then fell asleep.

It was much better once I got priviledges because I could pretend to be busy doing something instead of sitting the whole time.

• talesin
    talesin

@ punkofnice ~ I was just foolin' w/ you...

by the way, I love your screen name ... my punk friends have always been super nice folk... not what people in general think of as the stereotype. Folks who are punk range the whole spectrum of human behaviours, just like all other groups.

imo, anarchy does not always mean destructive, violent, etc.; rather the refusal to accept the status quo/authoritarian system.

t

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@WontLeave - I think rushing to the stage and announcing that they worship a 7 headed god would certainly make the meeting more interesting for those who are in the situation we were in.

@JonathonH - 'Privileges' were great. I could do 'security' and text my non JW friends.

• out4good3
    out4good3

I

've gotten to the point where I don't stifle my snickers and moans every time they say something blasphemous or stupid.

That is the main reason why I can't even stomache going to any JW related event with my wife. I've gotten to the point where when someting clearly stupid is said, I let her know by giving her "the look". On numberous occasions, I'd just walk outside pretending to need some air, OK not so pretending after all, where I'll wait until she is ready to go.

I just can't stand all that pretentiousness.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

@talesin - I was into Punk in the '70's and just loved the scene. I still do.

@out4good3 - I couldn't go to another meeting without saying something 'apostate'. Perhaps this links in to the punk thing!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

As a Kid.. I hated Meetings they were so Boring..

The Adults would tell me how exciting they were..

After they Woke Up..

http://technolawyer.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341ccdc953ef0134817dd57d970c-800wi

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I took notes with my left hand untill I could write semi well with my left hand

• charlie brown jr.
    charlie brown jr.

After reading these posts here......

We lived in George Orwell's 1984 all the time...Big Brother was watching you....

You wouldn't say how you felt about meeting for fear you would be ratted on and you really believed something was wrong with you for feeling ( What apparently everyone else felt) the way you did BORED!!!

I always sat by the window and watched every car drive by wondering.... How nice it must be not having these Boring meetings to go to.

I would circle every letter A in the watchtower then the next week color in the letter O that could kill 30 minuets. (And I'm an adult at this point)

And of course..... Make those Pics in the Publications a little more enjoyable by drawing something.....

mostly evil faces

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit