...Were Trump`s comments about Obama Racist?...

by OUTLAW 178 Replies latest social current

• journey-on
    journey-on

I just want to correct something Mary said:

I would suggest that Donald Trump, as an obvious die-hard Republican, would do what all those running for office do: they leave no stone unturned in trying to dig up dirt on the opponent.
    Donald Trump IS NOT a die-hard Republican. He has contributed as much money to the Dems as he has the GOP. He, imo, is simply self-serving. I think Trump truly believes this administration is inept if not downright dangerous for America's interests. He sees them as weak, clueless, and inefficient. Trump might throw his hat in the ring of the Republicans this time around, but he will NEVER be nominated.
  • Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

James_woods:

Post #4735:

We have a lot of people here who love Obama's politics like mothers milk, and have a pathological hatred of anyone who is critical of him.

Post #4755:

"However, the off topic comments (hate of Republicans, ad-hominem attacks, etc.) do very well illustrate that this is about extreme political views rather than legitimate charges of "racism"."

It seems, James, that you are not aware of the fact that you made the very first statement about hatred before somebody else responded to it.

Whatever any one else may or may not have responded, I made my response quite clear. It seems that you have a problem parsing. Here are my statements once more:

From Terra Incognita's Post #174:

James_woods:

On a thread titled "Were Trump's comments about Obama Racist" you just posted "whether or not Donald Trump is being racist is irrelevant" - and then go on in the next sentence to imply that he is essentially racist.

James; it is clear that it is your statement that is "fractured". My next sentence, which you did not quote, clearly DOES NOT state or IMPLY that Trump is racist. It obviously states that he is pandering to an audience that is substantially racist. Here is my statement again:

"Jeff; whether or not Donald Trump is being racist is irrelevant. He is definitely a demagogue who panders tothe prejudices of his audience, whichis substantially racist."

As for the title of the thread, James, you obviously did not notice the question mark at the end of the sentence. That's obvious because in your quote of the title you did not include a question mark. Since the statement is in the form of a question, it is obviously asking for the poster's opinion of whether or not Trump is racist. I gave my opinion. My opinion is: "whether or not Donald Trump is being racist is irrelevant."

How clearer can that get?

ONE LAST TIME! Now let's see if you mangle up this clear statement: Donald Trump is a demagogue who panders to the racism of his audience. Even if he were NOT racist, his demagoguery in pandering to the racism of his audience, makes him WORSE than a racist.

• moshe
    moshe

Mr Eggnogg- you have no reputation here as an impartial arbitrator. My comment about Bush in 2000 is all about, "history repeating itself. Voters might vote for a candidate who lies and exaggerates about their past accomplishments and then again as the discredited swiftboat Commander Kerry found out, maybe not-- it's political war we will be watching for the next 18 months.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Moshe, the first time you posted that pic from KFC a couple of months ago I got the feeling that you're not to comfortable around black folks yourself

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Shirley,

I'm Black and would feel uncomfortable in that situation posted above

fights can break out in those kind of situations, I remember when the

cabbage patch dolls came out people were waitin' in line for the store

to open, and when it did, fights broke out

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I'm black too Wasblind, and like I said above, that pic is just definitely "too ghetto" you know what I mean, so the first time it was posted by Moshe, I remember thinking it was just a bit too over the top for the subject he posted it too

• wasblind
    wasblind

I have gotten familiar with moshe on the board

and through PM's and have come to see him as a poster

who speaks his mind, from his own experience he just

tells it as he see's it , that post may seem over the top

it's not a pic he created

• james_woods
    james_woods

Thank you very much for your reasonable comments all through this, wasblind.

• wasblind
    wasblind

No problem, like Moshe, I call it as I see it

and I don't expect everyone to agree

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

DJEggNogg wrote: I don't believe your "upbringing" as one of Jehovah's Witnesses ever included the "occasional nigger joke," did it? You make not like Trump's language, but what are your language here?

Actually DJ, you're only partially wrong on what you believe about my upbringing as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, although I have to add, my upbringing as a black Jehovah's Witness. Amongst other black JWs, I've never heard any "nigger" jokes, but I've heard plenty of "nigga" jokes. Obviously no white brother will make a "nigger" joke in my presense, so on that end of things, you're right.

As I asked @moshe, I might ask how it is you would interpret the following?

Anyone in the majority that is more likely than not to treat others that they perceive as being, not just different than, but inferior in comparison with themselves, and for whom raising questions as to the character, abilities or intellectual achievements of someone in the minority because of their race isn't viewed as offensive but as copacetic to them, is a racist.

You'll have no disagreement from me there. You pretty much just summed up the subtlety of caste systems existant in lands where there supposedly is none. You also illustrated the evolution of outward racism in this country from how it was manifest several decades ago, to how its manifest subtlely today.

One question DJ, what gives? Its unlike you to participate in a thread such as this. Something touch a chord?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit