...Were Trump`s comments about Obama Racist?...

by OUTLAW 178 Replies latest social current

• journey-on
    journey-on

I agree to some extent, kurtbethel. This whole Trump thing is fascinating, imo. He is either going off his rocker, or there is something up his sleeve, or he is doing openly for someone what they can't or won't do themselves....investigate these lingering questions about Obama, his long-time associates, and his past that seems to be mired in secrecy.

Trump doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell to win the Republican nomination, and he knows it regardless of what he is saying. Real Republicans will not vote for the man. So, why? why? why?

• james_woods
    james_woods

This thread is obviously about politics, not about race or racism.

We have a lot of people here who love Obama's politics like mothers milk, and have a pathological hatred of anyone who is critical of him.

I still have not heard a single thing the Trump said that was identifiable as truly racist.

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

Just figured I'd chime in...

Were the comments racist? Not in the least. Were the thought processes that lead up to them? It's possible... But it's just as likely (possibly more likely) that it was political posturing for his target demographic.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Were the comments racist? Not in the least. Were the thought processes that lead up to them? It's possible... But it's just as likely (possibly more likely) that it was political posturing for his target demographic.

Thank you. One other thought occurs to me - if the Donald really were a racist, it would be obvious and proveable by now, given his proclivity for opening his mouth (without any caution) on every single subject that comes into view.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

I haven't went through this entire thread, plus I said my piece on Trump in the other thread, but I don't think Trump is racist per say. At least not in the KKKish view of the term, or even the mom/pop occasional nigger joke behind closed doors description of being racist. What I do believe is he's race bating in a subtle manner by pandering to certain elements within the crowd of Obama haters. I can't call the Tea Party racist because there's black Tea Partiers, but there's enough racists in the Tea Party to conjure the old thought of where there's smoke, there's...........

I believe Trump is playing on the conservative crowd's inability to narrow down a viable candidate to run against Obama come election time. You want to know the crazy part to me? Call me nuts, but he has no intention on running, this is all strictly a popularity move, and he's playing all of these passionate anti-Obama crowds for the fools that they are. Just like throwing chum into the ocean to attract sharks, Thee Donald will throw a little bit of Birther into the water, a little bit of Affirmative Action via questioning Obama's academic credentials, and anything else to continue stoking the fire of Obama's detractors. He's pretty much playing the role of Vince Mcmahon in the political arena.

That's my two cents anyway. One thing that bugs me though, is his language. I thought that was completely inappropriate, and it actually played to my JW upbringing because I swear people are getting cruder and more vulger in public than ever before. I was hoping at some point there would be a backlash against that kind of language, but it seems like the entire country as a culture is going to continue pushing the boundaries on profanity. Who would have thought a movie with child actors entitled "Kick-Ass" would be acceptable thirty years ago? It's not right. Maybe I'm getting older, but the crude language, tattoos, kids cussing, naked people on TV, Reality TV.......we're turning into a nation of savages.

• cofty
    cofty

It's not right. Maybe I'm getting older, but the crude language, tattoos, kids cussing, naked people on TV, Reality TV.......we're turning into a nation of savages.

The F. word is vulgar but wishing a terrorist attack on the Brittish royal wedding is acceptable in your opinion? What an odd set of values.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    One thing that bugs me though, is his language. I thought that was completely inappropriate, and it actually played to my JW upbringing because I swear people are getting cruder and more vulger in public than ever before. I was hoping at some point there would be a backlash against that kind of language, but it seems like the entire country as a culture is going to continue pushing the boundaries on profanity.

Agree completely - there was no call for that. Calling the F-bomb rant out for crudeness is legitimate; I cannot see evidence to call the race-card on him valid.

I don't think the man is anywhere near a serious candidate; just more like a very rich and very loud-mouthed carnival barker.

I think he will, however, prove to be very much a spoiler in the style of Ross Perot.

• No Room For George
    No Room For George

The F. word is vulgar but wishing a terrorist attack on the Brittish royal wedding is acceptable in your opinion? What an odd set of values.

I don't want to derail this thread, but you're right, I can't disagree with you on that, you got me. It was is inappropriate of me to think that way and express it. What you just posted, and what you mentioned earlier in the other thread did hit me. I feel guilty, and wish I hadn't had that thought and post. You know what though, I aint no good, never been any good, and this is one of those moments when I'm gonna let my heart be obstinate and repeat to you that I wouldn't care if Osama personally would have flown a 747 into that wedding. I know its wrong, but so what. I'm probably a gonner come Armageddon any way. It was wrong to put that crap on TV and force all that media coverage down our throats. Besides, they're living the good life, you think when they're on their yacht living it up, they care that some unknown bum on a message board for cult rejects in America stated that he could care less if a terrorist flew a plane into their wedding?

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

TheClarinetist:

"Were the comments racist? Not in the least. Were the thought processes that lead up to them? It's possible... But it's just as likely (possibly more likely) that it was political posturing for his target demographic."

Like I previously said, Trumpet is a demagogue. He is gleefully pandering to racists. That may not make him a racist in itself but the fact that he would pander to them makes him an even more evil man than if he actually believed in his audience's racist schlock.

James_woods:

"We have a lot of people here who love Obama's politics like mothers milk, and have a pathological hatred of anyone who is critical of him."

That's funny. I don't love Obama's politics like mother's milk. In fact, my beliefs are out of the box. I do call the shots as I see them and I'm not ashamed to say that I have a deep hatred of Tea Leaves Party/Foxian psychotics and their fellow travelers. It is them (and many on this forum) who have a pathological hatred of anyone who doesn't roll in their dung. Even Republicans, who don't gleefully fellatio them, are referred to as RINO's (Republicans In Name Only).

"I still have not heard a single thing the Trump said that was identifiable as truly racist."

In light of what I have just previously said above, what's the relevance of his being racist or not? As I've said twice before, he is a demagogue who's pandering to racists; making him even more despicable than a racist.

• cofty
    cofty

Can't fault your honesty George but I still think your values are screwed (PS there is no armageddon)

Sorry back to the talking wig thread ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit