...Were Trump`s comments about Obama Racist?...

by OUTLAW 178 Replies latest social current

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    My point was that their ancient names came up on a thread asking if Donald Trump is a racist. Nobody has quoted anything specifically racist that Trump himself has said - but these two guys were quoted to try to somehow prove that Trump is racist.

James,

The fact is that the thread title asks "Re: ...Were Trump`s comments about Obama Racist?..."

To answer that question, I gave some context of what genuine political racists and their racist remarks look like, which is relevant to the thread topic.

Yes, I do think Trump's remarks, taken in context, are racist. Is Trump himself racist? I don't know.

But you know, this distinction has now been elucidated for you by me, snowbird, Terra, Berengaria, etc., and you still seem not to get it. Are you being disingenuous? I honestly can't tell.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Are you being disingenuous?

Disingenuous?

JWoods?

NAH!!!

Syl

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Where was Donald Trump's concern about grades when Bush was Prez? He was a legacy C student at Yale; he majored in party.

Of course, Bush gave fatcats like Trump UUUGGE tax cuts and Obama wants to raise taxes on the rich back to the levels of Ronald Reagan.

Trump won't run; it is all for publicity.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Look Jwoods and all, what Trump said is that Obama didn't have good enough grades to get into Harvard.

What is unspoken, but what will come to the mind of all, is that he got in due to affirmative action, something the right absolutely hates.

So this unconsious reminder that he is black, and maybe a beneficiary of affirmative action, is RACIST.

Get it now?

• moshe
    moshe

I don't think Trump is a racist. He is trying to gain a political advantage by catching President Obama (who happens to be Black) in a "lie". Lying is not a problem of race, but one caused by "poor character", IMO. Quite a few Americans suspect that Obama is hiding some major bombshell-lie behind all his sealed records, just my opinion.

Was Obama being racist back in 2008?- -"Barack Obama got an ovation when he recently stood in a Chicago pulpit and scolded parents for giving their children cold Popeye's chicken for breakfast, according to The New York Times".

Nobody complained about that comment being racist- Now, if Trump had said that!!!

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

I'm a white male in my 60's. I grew up during the clearly racist 1950s. I was a young man during the time of MLKing and the Watts riot of 1965. My very best friend growing up was an African-American kid. I never thought of myself as racist - but I was. As I get older, I think I am becoming less racist, but every so often I have to bang my head against a concrete wall for making some stupid remark or laughing at some clearly racist joke. I am still a bit of a racist. I DON'T WANT TO BE, But its been programmed into my damn DNA.

Racism is when you do anything to a person of color or other ethnicity that you wouldn't do to someone of your own color or ethnicity. That's it. Bottom line. Racism is when you ask more of a person of color, than you would of a white person. Racism is when you point out the faults of a person of one color, that you would ignore in someone of your color or race.

Instead of referring to Denzel Washington as a movie star, you refer to him as a "black/Negro/African-American movie actor." You're a racist.

Instead of referring to Fred "in the accounting department," you refer to him as "Fred, the African-American, in Accounting." You're a racist.

When Katrina devastated New Orleans, hundreds of people fled across a bridge to a small town for help and safety. Police, mostly white, turned them back at gun-point "because the town was overwhelmed with Big Easy residents already." Right. Those early arrivals, mostly white, who drove across in their cars earlier that day were given shelter. The poor blacks who tried to walk over were turned back. The police and townspeople were racists.

President Obama has been subjected to close scrutiny over his birth certificate, where he went to school, how he got into Harvard, and all of his associates - whether they were supporters or just acquaintances. He is still under fire daily over every little detail of his life. Now they are implying that because his father was turned away from Harvard in 1963, that something is fishy about Obama. That is racist pure and simple. Why?

Senator John McCain was born in Panama, in the US controlled canal zone. Did anyone question his citizenship? No. He was in a North Vietnamese prison for years, tortured and brainwashed. Has he been accused of being programmed as a Manchurian Candidate to take over our government? (Go back and watch the original movie with Frank Sinatra.) NO, of course not. McCain was a decent student, but he got his scholarship thanks to influences by his father, a decorated military officer. Does that make him a bad person. NO. He was involved in the savings and loan scandal in the late 1980s. Was that brought up during the campaign to imply that McCain was a criminal? NO.

Not asking McCain questions about his past three years after the 2008 election, but accusing Obama of being unqualified after being elected? Racist, pure and simple.

I guess I am enough of a racist myself to recognize when others are being racist.

Right now Republican Party, Tea Party, Fox News, and Rush Limbaugh AND Donald Trump - ARE CLEARLY RACISTS - especially when it concerns our President. The fact that the old Confederate States all hate Obama, no matter what he does for them, proves that Southern racism is alive and well - if not expanding.

There is not a single doubt of that in my mind.

JV

• glenster
    glenster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump#Statements_regarding_President_Barack_Obama
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories

I think Trump may be descending into creating spam with an easy relaxation.

Maybe he can encourage suspicions that Obama helped cover up the moon landing
    hoax and the evidence of holograms used to make jets seem to fly into the towers
    on 9/11 and that the African Illuminati (you never heard of them? that's how
    good they are) controls all the hardware stores. Having created support with
    the segment of the country who're against taking their meds and in favor of
    financing organized crime, he can open for Charlie Sheen to announce they're
    running for the oval office together on the indefensible ticket.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Moshe, moshe, moshe. Where to begin?

moshe said:

I don't think Trump is a racist. He is trying to gain a political advantage by catching President Obama (who happens to be Black) in a "lie". Lying is not a problem of race, but one caused by "poor character", IMO.

And what is the "lie" that Obama has committed?

Quite a few Americans suspect that Obama is hiding some major bombshell-lie behind all his sealed records, just my opinion.

And you and these other vigilant Americans are suspicious - based on what, exactly?

Was Obama being racist back in 2008?- -"Barack Obama got an ovation when he recently stood in a Chicago pulpit and scolded parents for giving their children cold Popeye's chicken for breakfast, according to The New York Times".

Nobody complained about that comment being racist- Now, if Trump had said that!!!

Let's see - President Trump scolds parents for feeding their children cold, greasy, breaded, processed chicken parts for breakfast (in the context of a national health epidemic of diabetes among children). I wouldn't call that racist - I'd call that responsible.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Trump, and other megarich factions, use birth certificate issues, education, whatever, to distract the american public from the big issue:

The rich are stealing the country's wealth, Trump included.

The oldest method of dividing the middle and lower classes is racial; it distracts from the real issue, economic.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

That racist charge is window dressing, unless one can come up with a Trump quote demonstrating that race is an actual motive for his actions.

There is something deeper going on. Trump knows what Obama's records contain. He has investigators who routinely deal with mafia guys and other characters, as a regular part of doing business. He is not going to go spouting off about Obama unless he already knows what is in the files. So knowing that, he is sweating Obama over point by point. Given the secrecy of the Obama machine, he can run this sort of stuff for a long time, well into the next election cycle.

There is one part of this I am not fully discerning. Is Trump actually wanting to make a run? Not so sure. He might be doing a Perot type spoiler action with all this. If so, he collects his reward in the usual spoils that are the outcome of an election when the real candidate behind this wins.

Meanwhile, never forget that this is all sideshow distraction for the rabble to consume. The real action is in the ongoing strip mining of the wealth and purchasing power of the people, which greatly affects the most powerless.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit