...Were Trump`s comments about Obama Racist?...

by OUTLAW 178 Replies latest social current

• the max
    the max

I dont want to stir a hornets nest but a black would never get voted here in the UK, so the fact you got a black( tony blair) having to pick up the pieces of Bush failed administration, is in my humble opinion comendable. Peace mrs jones, and mr jones, and the 3 boys lol

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Another stupid comment by the Roaster-Head D Trump.

People that get voted into the position as the President of the Harvard Law Review

are not C average students, but people with a bit of intellectual insight know this already.

A little excerpt from a personal expose of Barack's Biography......

He set his sights on Harvard Law School, where he quickly distinguished himself as a top student.

He was soon chosen through the strength of his writing and grades to serve as one of 80 student editors on the law review.

Unlike many peer-review professional journals, the law review is run solely by students.

It is widely considered the major forum for current legal debate and consequently is watched closely by courts around the country.

• Terra Incognita
    Terra Incognita

James_woods:

"All criticism of Obama is racist.

You cannot criticize Obama without being a racist - even if you are black."

"My point was that Obama supporters are far too comfortable playing the race card on practically any issue of criticism that comes up about him."

Actually, criticism of Obama is both racist and/orpolitical. The proportion of political versus racist depends on each person. With a substantial number of Republicans being racists (46% of Mississippian Republicans want to ban interracial marriage*), it is obvious that both are motivations for any and all criticism. So why do you, James, claim that the race card is too easily being played? If you have such a substantial number of obvious racists, then it's obvious that they will criticize Obama on any issue.

* See page 1, paragraph 4, of the PDF.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    I am equally sure that people like Janine Garofalo would loudly call me a racist because I differe with Obama politically.

I have to disagree Woodsy

It would seem that arguments about or against Obama's governance and his policies are not necessarily motivated by racism, but arguments attempting to delegitimize his presidency likely are motivated by racism or the appeal to the racist mindset.

This

• james_woods
    james_woods
    So why do you, James, claim that the race card is too easily being played?

Well, for one thing - people who want to bring up the race card are posting things about Strom Thurmond and George Wallace right here on this thread.

Think that is perhaps just a little bit off time and topic?

• NomadSoul
  • JeffT
    JeffT

For the record, I found the idea of Trump running for President interesting for about 24 hours. Then he started to sound like all his talking points were downloaded from whackyconspiraciesRus.com

I do not know if he is racist.

I do not know how the President got into college (I also don't think it is relevant to anything, by next year we can vote based on his actual record - the only measure that counts).

However for thirty or forty years it has been a matter of public policy in this country to consider race in college admissions. One of the complaints (rightly or wrongly) about this was that a cloud would forever hang over members of certain groups as to their admission and subsequent record. Is the policy racist?

The same complaint of preferential treatment has been made regarding Clarence Thomas, are those people also racist?

Another note of a personal nature, affirmative action clearly served a purpose. When my Dad went to Harvard Medical School in 1943 there were NO women in the school. Last year he showed me a note in his alumni news, women at Harvard Medical School now outnumber the men.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

I don't know. I just read the quotes (clicked link in OP), and I don't think they were racist. What exactly was racist about those comments?

MeanMrMustard

• snowbird
    snowbird

The names Strom Thurmond and George Wallace were brought to the fore as an example of how politicians pander to the masses.

You know that, JWoods.

Syl

• james_woods
    james_woods
    The names Strom Thurmond and George Wallace were brought to the fore as an example of how politicians pander to the masses.
    You know that, JWoods.

My point was that their ancient names came up on a thread asking if Donald Trump is a racist. Nobody has quoted anything specifically racist that Trump himself has said - but these two guys were quoted to try to somehow prove that Trump is racist.

Which is not only off topic - it is looney.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit