...Were Trump`s comments about Obama Racist?...

by OUTLAW 178 Replies latest social current

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Silent,

I agree the drug laws are way out of control. Especially and specifically the marajuana laws. It's almost like a speed trap; a prison filler. I have a hard time justifying them.

The incarceration numbers show that those who do not value life ( those raised in the welfare system ) a hugely overrepresented. A big step to control crime is to create an environment that values life, that promotes dreams and goals, self-sufficency. None of the recent decades of previoius presidents have done much to help, and some have made it harder for this to happen.

I think the democrat party is promoting the very thing that will worsen the conditions for people already in the low income part of society. Yet the pary promots the "platform" as resucing those in the low income part of society. It is doublespeak. ( Interesting how well Orwell saw into this socioligical path.)

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    The days of black people saying, "they dont want anyone to give them nuthin'

African Americans and other black and brown people, myself included, are capable of saying the word "nothing", as you do too I'm sure and no, you did not say that all black and brown people say nuthin', but you chose to go with that spelling when referring to, I won't say African American this time, I'll use the word black as you have. ( and no, nothing wrong at all with that either)!!

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

ShirleyJW I was quoting a very famous song by James Brown during the civil rights struggles that said those exact words and was used at a variety of rallies to state the feeling of AFRICAN AMERICANS at the time.

When I say black people I am referring to black people who have lineage in this country dating back to slavery. I am not including immigrants and I am definitely not including brown people.

I suggest all black Americans revisit the time period in this country when those brown people refused to be classified as minorities because they viewed blacks with lineage here as beneath them. It wasnt until many in areas such as Oakland etc... realized they were still minorities whether they liked it or not.

Black issues are not the same as brown issues... period.

Many black immigrants from Africa, the Carribean etc... refused to be lumped in with native black Americans because they feel they are better and more motivated.

Ask a Jamaican in Brooklyn if they are African American and wait for the response. Ask a Nigerian what they think about African American culture and prepare for the worst.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    Many black immigrants from Africa, the Carribean etc... refused to be lumped in with native black Americans because they feel they are better and more motivated.

AGREED!! Totally! I've heard that myself out of their mouths myself and have been absolutely gobsmacked!

I was just expressing what "I myself" got from the wording of your post, I can't speak for anyone but me.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

I'm not being aggressive in my response, just giving background. That is the one bad aspect of message boards I guess.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

no problem

• LV101
    LV101

silent -- I agree. Honest, hard-working, struggling, citizens, paying taxes that benefits so much fraud and illegal activity. So many illegals receiving aid when there's many homeless/down on their luck and vets in bad shape - it's heart breaking.

I've known of couple cases where hard working, young couples, with child(ren), make less and live worse than those living off the system -- that's plain wrong.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

I ask American citizens to look up the h2a Visa. Imagine getting paid 15 bucks an hour... no taxes paid... no housing costs... not paying for food... not paying for transportation. Meanwhile citizens are in the street getting 7.25 an hour.

Then remember that many do not get Visa yet still work for the same pay.

They get free healthcare no matter what CNN tells you and I know many that fo and openly admit it.

Middle class families cry over immigrants fleeing yet Chicago has thousands of homeless teens yet none of these people are clamoring to help them

West Virginia has thousands of impoverished children who live in conditions as bad as those in Mexico and Honduras but no one wants to adopt them...

Americans priorities are not right

• LV101
    LV101

Thanks, silent - the facts/reality is what we all need to know. I will check out the h2a Visa but nothing surprises me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit