Going out with a bang

by LittleToe 255 Replies latest jw friends

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

LittleToe, you're a man among men my friend.

Mike.

p.s. you've got a pm.

• boa
    boa

hi LT,

i've feel for you in your story and could only repeat what others have said about your courage - kudos!

you've been true to yourself and that is a reward without compare

boa.....(been too damn inactive of late to get to the platform lol)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

[[[[[LittleToe]]]]]

I had no idea what you did back a few years ago, or what had happened recently--until I read this entire thread!!!! WOW!!

I can only wish you all the best from here on out......

hugs,

Annie

• Princess
    Princess

I don't know how I missed this thread back then. Wow, I'm totally impressed. From another ex who went out with a bang, good god your way took courage.

Steve and I are looking forward to meeting you in Dallas.

((((((LT))))))

Rachel

• Sirona
    Sirona

LT

I just listened to your talk for the first time. I am astounded! You did a fantastic job of making your point very very clear. The part where you told the whole congregation that you were a ppirit anointed christian was just amazing. (I got nervous just listening to it, I can't imagine what reaction the congregation had!!)

Then when you concluded you said "Christ is the only way, not a man made organisation". WOW

Anyone who hasn't listened to it - please do!

Sirona

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Ross,

I find it fascinating re-reading some of these old threads sometimes, often you see just how personalities have changed. How would you say that you have changed since you first posted this ( sorry Minimus for stealing your question )? Are you still as strong a believer as you were ( sorry Minimus for stealing your question )? Have any JW's in your former congregation ever contacted you after your DA talk ( sorry Minimus for stealing your question )?

Best regards - HS

PS - I do not have a crush on you....yet.

• Princess
    Princess
    Anyone who hasn't listened to it - please do!

I tried. It keeps closing and telling me the zipped file is corrupted! Help! I did read the outline and the DA letter though. Must have caused quite a stir. Are they still talking about it?

I'm just as curious as minimus hilary_step regarding the changes you have made. You still seem quite content with your beliefs and obviously have done extensive bible reading and study, but you also seem to be coming to terms with your partying self. Hmmmm, I guess only time and Dallas will tell....

Rachel

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Rachel,

When I first came to this site I was the meanest son of a nun that you had ever met, I mean this very, very honestly. I used to bite off the heads of babies just for my neck exercises and frequently ran across summer beaches at high speed using bellies as stepping stones. Now after immersing myself in the unholy spirit of the XJW world, I am warm and tender and would never say a harsh word to anybody, not even Onacruse. I love my fellow XJW's with deep devotion, yes that includes Minimus and even Travis.

In fact I have been trying to court Ross for months but the line up grows thicker each week.

Best regards - HS

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I may have skipped some parts on the postings, but being deaf, is there a transcript of the talk posted? Since I can't hear the tape. Thanks Yiz

• onacruse
    onacruse

Ross: You've been a fulcrum in my life, and as you progress (and express) through your own struggles, I find myself inexorably drawing closer to you as a friend (you buggered Scots, anyway! LOL).

You, and HS, and so many others: Genuine people, worth more than gold.

Sincerely,

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit