Going out with a bang

by LittleToe 255 Replies latest jw friends

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Little Toe:

I'm still trying to work through some of the guilt issues over failing to succeed at marriage. Hopefully what they say about time healing will prove true...

I am so sorry you are going thru this misery, I had no idea.

When I read that sentence above...tears shot out of my eyes...surprised me. Damn, "guilt issues over failing to succeed at marriage" that was a real heavy for me, too. I had been married 20 years and was SO-O-O deeply in love with my JW wife...it took 4 years of unbelievable carnage, on her part, before in finally murdered any Love I had for her. She lied and drove my 3 daughters away...

I felt as tho' nothing was left inside. I stopped going to meetings...then the family shunning started, too.

However, I have since found someone else...a wonderful woman, who loves me back. We married 6 months ago. The other part about "time healing" things...well, it won't heal some things, but it does help. I can say from experience now...that hole you have in your heart can be filled in with another Love. You can be whole again. You strike me as a kind of man it will happen to. So...give it some time...

I am really glad this thread was brought back, I am so new...I have no idea how many of you 'arrived', I like to know what makes people 'tic'. I would have loved to been there at that meeting...and after -- to see the reaction. Later, Oh...to be a 'fly' on the wall in that next Elders meeting...whew! Can you say...d a m a g e control...?

I'm looking forward to meeting you in Dallas, Ross.

• Bryan
    Bryan
    I'm still trying to work through some of the guilt issues over failing to succeed at marriage. Hopefully what they say about time healing will prove true...

How true this is for so many of us.

I remember it was about 1988. I lived in Hacketstown, NJ. My wife was back in Texas with my 3 year old daughter and I was on the floor crying like a two year old. I asked God over and over, "Why? I always tried so hard to do what you say, and you said we would be happy and have a good life under your wing!" After 45 minutes I was finally able to put the gun down compose and myself. You can only cry for so long; then you become numb.

Bryan

• franklin J
    franklin J

Ross,

I wish you well in your endeavor; what you did took much courage.

Frank

• Sassy
    Sassy

Little Toe, I didn't know this was going on for you either. We all tease on here but I am sure you know that we all care too..

if you ever need someone to talk to.. Sassy has wide shoulders and a listening ear..

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I guess that thinking about it, when composing my reply to Gwen, opened a few wounds.

I found the following comment, on my old website, which kinda reflects my naivity regarding the pressures that the WTS brings to bear:

Since the local body of Elders have already passed on erroneous information to my wife, that caused a further strain to our relationship, I wonder if I have further flack to receive. It may be that they believe they can put pressure on me from that source, but I can truly say that it will fail, as my wife and I love each other unreservedly.

Thanks for your comments, guys. They are truly appreciated. I'm really looking forward to seeing some of you in Dallas. Just don't be too outraged if I "let my hair down" big-style!!!

• Xena
    Xena

((((LT))))) You're one of the best people I know, I'm sorry for all you have gone thru. You deserve to be happy...

to a better future for all of us!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Little Toe,

I began posting on this board in 2002 and I have read many of your posts and always enjoy them. After reading your talk, I admire you all the more. You are one courageous man. And you made the right choice: JESUS! I, too, have given up Arianism.

Peace and joy and love to you and yours.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Wow...and all this time I just thought you were a hot man in a kilt!

Honestly, I had never heard your story, seen your website, or anything. I read your talk today. I have to say I was greatly impressed. I know I would never have had the courage to do something like that, nor the power to do it so eloquently.

I have always respected and looked forward to your opinion on many of the threads here, but my understanding of where you have been posting from as a person has been altered.

I count myself lucky to have gotten to know you better through the board. Thank you for your courage and your honesty in sharing your story. I am sorry things haven't worked out for you on the marriage side of things. But I am sure you will move on to do great things with your life.

Oh and you're still a hot man in a kilt in my eyes...

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

alt Little Toe's Brass Balls

Congratulations to you! Man what courage you have! You know they're going to be talking about that for years.

"remember that time, that brother DA'd himself during his public talk?"

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

Little Toe, I just listened to your talk while reading the transcript. It is hard to imagine how anyone could have listened to you and not have followed you out of the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit