Going out with a bang

by LittleToe 255 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Little Toe! I remember a debate you and I had when I first came on here. Many years later, my views have changed somewhat. I wish you well and hope you are doing great!

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

Little Toe, do you still have the same feeling about being anointed as you did the day you last spoke at the KH?

I ask the question -- and I mean it sincerely -- because I found that my defection from the JWs led to a rapid loss of interest in the Bible. As a JW one is told our lives are centered around Jehovah and the Bible, yet after my wife and I left we have actually thought little about either. The "putting the kingdom first" concept was just another part of the daily JW pretence.

I still consider myself a believer in God, but am not in the slightest bit interested in ever attending a church or for that matter reading the Bible. My 22 years as a JW was more than enough of both.

Of my ex-JW friends, only one couple still attend church. For the rest it's pppphhhhtttt --- we've all just flicked that particular switch in our lives.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I don't know if this will post as my phone keyboard doesn't seem to like the board editor (maybe its Android issues).

Hi guys, yes I remember you and our many exchanges. Miss ya.

MrMonroe: There's little unique about the epithany known as the "anointed experience".For some it is overwhelming, for some it is gradual. You see it all over the world, mostly in churches where they are more geared up to recognise it. I suspect it is rare in the JWs because the teaching actively seeks to avoid it, mostly through misdirection. For example, if the focus of the kingdom and Christianity is supposed to be the person Jesus (rather than being good, going to a specific place of worship, selling literature, or speaking incessantly about an ogre God called Voldemort who wants to kill everyone but the cowering few) then its easy to get side-tracked and never stumble across the experience.

I'm a Christian because I love the very real person of Christ. Not because of any experience, religious practises, magic rituals or name invoking. Neither am I particularly "good". But ya know, after the longest of times I'm finally getting to be happy with that. I'm uniquely "me" rather than something others would rather me be. I'm pretty certain that the big guy upstairs is okay with that, too ;-)

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

(((LittleToe))) so good to see you again after not seeing you in several years!!! Glad to see you are doing well!!

LRG

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Wow Ross congratulations on the baby. I know you always wanted children. The Watchtower got in the way for a while with their "family planning in the time of the end" rhetoric, but they couldn't stop you forever.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Great to read this update. Thanks for your PM Ross, I have sent you a reply.

Loz x

• LittleToe
  • moshe
    moshe
    As for leaving the JWs, I have no regrets.----- I don't think it's possible to leave without some pain and damage. All we can do is minimise that as best we can, perhaps maintaining some dignity in the process.

Glad you are well LT. I had a disastrous 9 month rebound marriage after I left the JWs, so I can relate.

Everyone hopes that the Biblical , "you reap what you sow", doesn't apply to them when they decide to leave a high control religion/cult. At least your family sees your position and if they have doubts about the WT/KH, they know they can talk to you.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Thanks Moshe. Hope all is well with you

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Little Toe!

Only saw the transcript now at JWFacts!

Truly awesome, balanced, articulate and brave!

Same coming to faith experience here, but sadly never had or used such a golden opportunity to communicate.

Do you know of any in attendance at the talk who have been benefitted?

Greetings and blessings

Fernando

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit