Going out with a bang

by LittleToe 255 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunbeam
    Sunbeam

I can vouch for LittleToe too. We've been corresponding via e-mail for a few months now. If he's trying to run a scam, he's put months of work into it. Does that sound like a troll to you, PC?

Love
    Sunbeam
    xxxx

• Perry
    Perry

Little Toe,

Very interesting experience you have related. Personally, I believe your overall impact on your audience will get some to thinking. At the very least, when a house-holder of friend starts voicing dissatisfaction over certain WBTS policies, they will think back, "this is probably why Little Toe left".

You stood up for truth and shattered the illusion the WBTS manufactures. Imagine the accrueing net effect if others are encouraged by your character? You have lost many friendsships true, but have gained many more here as well.

Others may criticize the method as being too costly. But truly nothing is free, you get what you pay for.... you have paid for peace of mind and genuineness. My wish for you is that your strength of character be truly appreciated by your wife.

Good Luck,

Perry

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Thanks to an appreciated friend, with a recording studio, the sound file has now been cleaned up and reduced in size to less than 5Mb.
    It can now be downloaded from the website.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sorry to be bringing an ooooooold thread back to the top, but I've been getting quite a number of requests for my website link. At the time this thread was going we used to be able to get at personal homepages from one another's profiles.

Anyhow, I'm not so much trying to reduce PM's (which I enjoy receiving) as letting people read it for themselves without having to ask me about it first.

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/littletoe/Profile.html

(One of these bright days I'll get it transfered to my new site )

• somebody
    somebody

(((((((((LittleToe)))))))))))))))))

I remember listening to your talk as if it were yesterday. Time flies by so quickly!! I thought your talk was wonderful and I think you are fortunate that you got the chance to state your mind and beliefs and reasons for walking away, before leaving, and took full advantage of that. Not many have that opportunity ( especailly women, because they are not allowed to address the congregation with talks, but have to talk to EACH OTHER in skit fashion)

I pray that you and your wife have made it through this. So many marriages have ended simply because it was found that their marriage was "organizational" ? Not sure how to word what I'm trying to get across! But that is the best word I can use, knowing others whose marriages were based on both being in the WT organization, rather than based on the love that two become one. Anyway, either way, I wish for you both love and happiness in all aspects of your life.

I thank you for sharing with all of us.

peace,

somebody/gwen

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Gwen:
    I thank you for the kind words, from yourself and Harold, over these last couple of years.

I wouldn't have said anything (as I'm not really one to reveal the intimate details of my life in public) but your post deserves an answer. It's not an attempt at a pity-party, which is one of the reasons I've not even hinted at my situation, previously.

After about a couple of years of our marital situation continuing to go downhill, we finally separated over six months ago. This was after a few months living separate lives under the same roof, with me in the back room.
    For some time the conversation was practically zero and I was made to feel like a walking wallet.

I left her the contents of the house (taking only a few personal effects) but continued to pay all the bills (including debts), leaving her to continue to create her own wee nestegg from her part-time work (she continues to Pioneer). Apparently that had started to secretly accumilate long before separation was on the cards.

The only time I hear anything from her is when she wants money, and so I've recently gotten legal advice to see where I stand (once more I have GREAT reason to be glad that we never had any children!!!).
    Her gravy train has come to an end, however, as I cannot afford to maintain two homes, and the situation is intractible. I've already been screwed over anough, and willingly so (as I'd rather bear the brunt of the situation), but quite literally cannot afford to do so any longer.

The final straw (regardling this) was over this last weekend, strangely enough, which was our 11th anniversary. I heard nothing from her until Monday evening, even though I had sent a card, etc., etc., and that was just an acknowledgement that she was still living.
    Her coldness has reached a point which I cannot tolerate near me.
    I had gone through several cycles of grieving after I separated, but this weekend brought some of that back.

Most of this wont be news to a few here, as I have a number of confidantes, including those who have gone through (or are going through) something similar.
    I'd like to thank those who have helped me through this, because most of them are here, and they have been a true blessing to me. You know who you are...

I thought about joining the Foreign Legion, but opted for the Dallas Apostochiliffest, instead, where I intend to have as much fun as is humanly possible, whilst celebrating (?) the beginning of a new chapter in my life.
    Hey, I'm still in my thirties - there's life in the old dog yet!!!

I'm sorry the news isn't any better - I tried to make it work to my very last breath, and came as close as it's possible to come to a nervous and physical breakdown, in the process, before finally leaving a situation that was unhealthy in the extreme. I'm still exhausted a lot of the time, but this place gives me an opportunity to vent, put it behind me a little, and to hopefully heal.

I'm still trying to work through some of the guilt issues over failing to succeed at marriage. Hopefully what they say about time healing will prove true...
    There are few winners, as far at being touched by the WTS is concerned. I'm afraid I've become another statistic in the battles of mind over heart that the WTS usually wins.

LT "occasional heart-on-his-sleeve" class.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

((()))

• Sirona
    Sirona

LT

Although I've joked on this forum more than once about my little crush on you, I'm going to be serious for a mo.

I'm sorry the news isn't any better - I tried to make it work to my very last breath, and came as close as it's possible to come to a nervous and physical breakdown, in the process, before finally leaving a situation that was unhealthy in the extreme. I'm still exhausted a lot of the time, but this place gives me an opportunity to vent, put it behind me a little, and to hopefully heal.

I've been actually amazed by how you've handled this. I was brought up around men who didn't truly put an effort into a relationship. For a long time I was guilty of hating all men for the things that I've been through. But how you've handled this....well....I know you fought and fought and fought. You have never bad mouthed her, and you have never asked for sympathy despite going through a hell of a lot.

You will get through this and you'll come out on the other side as even more of a fantastic person. If you do meet someone else and choose to make a go of it, she will be truly a lucky woman.

Sirona

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

LT,

I wish you the best,, and,,if you are looking for a companion I hope you find a good one.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    I'd like to thank those who have helped me through this, because most of them are here, and they have been a true blessing to me. You know who you are...

Thank you, thank you. You've been a blessing to me too.

Seriously though, if you need to talk, PM me. The situation is different but the emotions are the same. I'm here for you dude. In Dallas, we will have a shot together and then jello shots with the fair maidens that strike our fancy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit