Going out with a bang

by LittleToe 255 Replies latest jw friends

• AMarie
    AMarie

Little Toe:

Well done!!! Excuse my language, but you must have balls of steel! That was very couragous on your part.

AMarie

• 25ashitaka25
    25ashitaka25

Wow. That's awesome. Balls the size of church bells. I tip my hat to you sir.

ashi

p.s.-that is possibly the coolest single experience I've read here. Probably means a lot to lurkers too. Thanks

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Little Toe, I hope you will continue to share your spiritual journey with us.

Marilyn

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Courage, my friend Little Toe!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Little Toe,

You are incredible! Great Job!

As posted previously, please keep us posted on your journey.

Puffs

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I remember hearing about this sort of thing years ago, when there was a lot of turmoil in the Worldwide Church of God over the doctrinal changes they went through. A minister would become disillusioned and, rather than quietly resigning, would detail his reasons and announce his resignation in a sermon. When this happened, they referred to it as "dropping the bomb". As with the JW's, the minister was shunned thereafter (as well as unemployed, since WCG had a paid ministry).

I've never heard of it happening in a Kingdom Hall before. It took incredible guts on your part, and it amazes me nonetheless that you didn't have elders and attendants leaping all over you to drag you from the platform. Kudos on a successful 'bombing raid'!

Tom
    "The truth was obscure, too profound and too pure; to live it you had to explode." ---Bob Dylan

• mindfield
    mindfield

Good job, man! I'm proud of you! I'm not sure I could have pulled that off myself...

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

*****Applauds*****

That took a lot of guts. I will keep you in my prayers and I hope everything works out between you and your wife and your family (assuming you have children or other family in the org). I am eager to hear the talk. I will keep checking back at your website.

Keep your chin up. You know in your heart you've done a fine thing and may have even reached a few others in the process (if nothing else you've given them a bit of fat to chew on for a while )

LittleToe says:

Shocked disbelief, or Power of prayer
    ...More than likely a combination of the two. Personally, I would probably fall out of my seat if I ever had the (lucky) opportunity to experience someone doing what you just did. And I admire you for leaving out the JW bashing. They would've tuned you out at that point for sure...and rendered your talk meaningless and null to them. Best to let the word of God speak for itself (Heb 4:12).

sadie

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Absolutely amazing!

You have done what others have dreamed of! Extremely well done littletoe.

((hugs!!!!!))

bw

Everything secret degenerates, even the administration of justice; nothing is safe that does not show how it can bear discussion and publicity. Lord Acton 1834-1902

• SYN
    SYN

Shit!!! I can't believe it! Dude, you are fugging brave...slap on the back and a nice gold watch to you.

I would have paid large quantities of money to see the expression on the PO's face as you gave your talk...!

Once again, well done...you're a shining example to all the people in this board. Not only have you ridded yourself of your demons, but you have also thrown them back into the pit from which they came!

"I see no good reasons why the views given in this volume should shock the religious sensibilities of anyone." -- Charles Darwin, The Origin Of Species, 1869.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit