Going out with a bang

by LittleToe 255 Replies latest jw friends

• Vienna
    Vienna

I feel stupid...but, I can't find the webpage everyone is reading. Is there a link somewhere I'm not seeing?

• nelly136
    nelly136

hi vienna,
    if you click on the little world icon on litle toes name thingy to the left of his posts it will take you to his web site and links
    nelly

• zev
    zev

Little Toe...

I did read your web site last night, and truely felt for what you went, are, and will go through. I downloaded your talk, and tonight Gwen and I will listen to it together. It took much courage and inner strength to do what you did. Your a strong person and you will survive. As i was reading your story on your site, it brought back the flood of emotions and pain I had suffered over the last year.
    It wasn't what you said. It was what you didn't say. And as i read it, all i could think of was what I went through, and how i felt over the last year as I made my discoveries and the flood of anger, pain, and emotions took its toll. I could almost see it between the lines.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

It meant alot to me.

-Zev
    Learn about the Wtbts and the U.N.
    ** http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69 **

• Vienna
    Vienna

Duh--thanks Nelly! I got it...but the page was suspended due to excessive bandwidth consumption. I hope that will be fixed soon.

But at least I found out how to get it--thanks! :)

• jukief
    jukief

Do any of you know Doctor Bob? He had a beard for quite a while when he was an elder. The elders in his congregation couldn't have cared less, but the circuit overseer finally made a fuss about it. It's interesting that the other elders went to bat for him against the CO.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Zev:
    Thank you SO much.

The truth is that it's taken me this long to post about it because I felt emotionally flogged.
    When I left the hall I spent the next few days grieving.
    I had in a single stroke destroyed a lifetime's friendships.
    I had anticipated that it would hurt, but hadn't appreciated the scale. It was like losing everyone I'd ever known in some kind of disaster.
    One of the reasons that I did it the way I did was so that I could take the opportunity to tell folks that I loved them, say goodbye, and give a brief reason why, including a seed of future hope that there is life beyond the borg.

Does that sound corny?
    Does it sound ridiculous, since I was precipitating the action?
    Should I have gone to town destroying their faith?

Many here know the feelings, so I know I haven't got the monopoly on that.
    Maybe I could / should have done things differently, but I gave it my best shot. Conscienciously I couldn't stay, so I tried my best after a heap of soul-searching. I don't even know if I've done the right thing with what I've posted on my homepage (all critique gratefully received).

Maybe the following poem best describes the raw emotion:
    http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=14988&site=3

As for now, I'm just plum tired, taking each day as it comes.
    For everyone who has offered me prayers, support and encouragement, thanks again.

• zev
    zev

Little Toe,

Thank you SO much.
    your very welcome
    The truth is that it's taken me this long to post about it because I felt emotionally flogged.
    understandable. very understandable.
    I had in a single stroke destroyed a lifetime's friendships.
    yes, but l.t., this is how i see it. you may have had to make a tough decision, but ultimately, THEY make or break those friendships based on loyalty to an organization, not you, and not me.
    thier friendship lasts only as long as your loyal to the TOWER, and thats it. thats not friendship, my friend. what it is, is a shame.

I had anticipated that it would hurt, but hadn't appreciated the scale. It was like losing everyone I'd ever known in some kind of disaster.
    i know. but, i see it a little differently. maybe this can help you.
    i lost approximately 300 pepole i knew as "friends". i lost 2 step sons, and a wife. but, what i have now is not quantity, but quality. i have my family, namely my mum and dad, and sisters. i have Gwen and her family. these are true family, and friends, with more love between us, than at any moment I can recall in my 40 years on this planet. i wouldn't give it up for anything.

One of the reasons that I did it the way I did was so that I could take the opportunity to tell folks that I loved them, say goodbye, and give a brief reason why, including a seed of future hope that there is life beyond the borg.
    i have only one person to reconcile with before my letter goes.
    i hope to get the chance to help him understand why i have done what i have done. you did well, l.t. we were amazed to listen to that talk, and both of us could see what it must have taken for you to do what you did. you were a gentleman. i don't know if i could ever do what you did, but what a statement you made. i'm proud of you!

Does that sound corny?
    Does it sound ridiculous, since I was precipitating the action?
    Should I have gone to town destroying their faith?
    no, no, and no.
    you did well.

Many here know the feelings, so I know I haven't got the monopoly on that.
    Maybe I could / should have done things differently, but I gave it my best shot. Conscienciously I couldn't stay, so I tried my best after a heap of soul-searching. I don't even know if I've done the right thing with what I've posted on my homepage (all critique gratefully received).
    if i were you, i'd leave that page alone. i'll tell you quite honestly, i broke down when i read it. lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. like i said, i could FEEL what happened. i know, because i have been in your shoes. only someone like us, whose been there, can feel that. that page said it all.

As for now, I'm just plum tired, taking each day as it comes.
    For everyone who has offered me prayers, support and encouragement, thanks again.
    one day at a time. thats all you can do.

take care.
    and God bless you, my friend.

you can email me at any time. my email is open.

-Zev
    Learn about the Wtbts and the U.N.
    ** http://www.geocities.com/plowbitch69 **

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Utterly indifferent to whether you think I'm a troll or not. I know a phony when I hear one. If the rest of this bunch wants to buy into your nonsense that's OK too. They slurped up Danni's garbage as well.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

PorkChop:
    Who's Danni?
    Are you calling me a liar?
    If you're indifferent, why the reply?
    Are you part of the WTBTS damage limitation crew?

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't disturbed by your comments. I'm only human, and additionally a little tender right now.
    To be frank, whether or not you think me a phony is irrelevant, all I've done is relate my experience.
    If you don't like the way I've conducted my life, or suffer a lack of belief, I don't really see that I have anything to prove to you.

I don't know you. I'll likely never meet you. This thread is the only one in which I've had an exchange with you. You certainly don't know me, so I really don't know what evidence you've based your assumption on.
    Those whom I've had the pleasure of getting to know, in recent months, know the truth of what I've written (whether they agree with my conclusions and decisions, or not).

...I'm out of words.

There, by the grace of God, go I.

• Xena
    Xena

PorkChop look a how many posts LittleToe has made and when he signed up...he isn't a newbe who just popped up and started posting...he has been around a while...several people on here know his story and that he has been waiting for the right opportunity to "out" himself.

I understand your being a little sensitive since the whole Danni thing, but LittleToe is not a troll and his experience is real.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit