On Jerkhovas Witlesses, Kingdumb Hells, Filthful & Discreet Slavebugger and Pio-sneering . .

by nicolaou 97 Replies latest forum suggestions

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

the beast what?

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Hey... they started it.

Like my mom tells me about my issues with the Wacktower

"GET OVER IT"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't think any of those terms violate the posting guidelines. Things like swearing (which I have seen) and inciting people to hate others as individuals because of religion do violate the guidelines, but insulting a god that persistently goes against humanity, its so-called holy books, and/or religions that take advantage of and abuse members does not. Not to mention, where is the source of these terms? I have heard so many derogatory terms, most of them not justified, against worldly people and apostates (many right from the platform) coming right from the hounders themselves. Fair play? When is it acceptable for them to use these terms, including blatant hate speech (mentally diseased, followed by wishes that apostates should be killed a few months later), but we need to be politically correct?

And, where does this political correctness stop? If we stop using terms that deride joke-hova, its religion, or its practices, do we start banning speech against Christians? Do we start holding Jesus as sacred despite blatant evidence straight from the LIE-ble itself that Christianity and communism are almost identical? Do we become a pro-Christian forum out of fear of offending Christians that post here? What does that do about Muslims or atheists? Or those who have come to see their god as evil and Satan as the Savior? Or, do we go back to the early days of the forum when it was a pro-witless forum?

I think the guidelines below are sufficient until Simon sees the need to change them. They have been in place since I joined in 2007, and for some time before them. And, until they are updated, I intend to continue abiding by those guidelines while on this forum as written therein. After all, so long as the terms I use do not constitute swearing or racial slur, I do not see them as violating the guidelines even if someone is offended. Just remember, no matter what is posted, someone is always going to be offended.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Well stated WTWizard.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Witlesses despise those of us on this board.

They will rejoice at our death/destruction. They would have this site shut down if they could. They have NO RESPECT for any body elses beliefs or way of life, yet expect it in return.

I refuse to walk on eggshells to pander to their narrow minded self righteous judgemental mind set.

These are people who shun their own flesh and blood, have killed their own children over the blood issue, and deny any freedom of speech to dissidents, who they label as "MENTALLY DISEASED." Since I am insulted by this term, why do THEY persist in using it?

I refuse to kiss any more brainwashed assholes from this death dealing blasphemous cult.

We are not here to rescue others, but to recover our own life.

If we pander to them on this issue, soon we will be told not to admit to being gay, living with a partner, smoking, watching Harry Potter, all on the grounds we dont want to offend Jdub visitors to the site.

THEN we will be told "dont bother posting if you disagree with the WTBTS religion, it might offend those still in."

Lastly: " dont post at all" - as this will prove we are all diseased apostates, deserving the fate the WT so confidently prints in every issue of its "comics" about the bible.

HB

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

And, where does this political correctness stop? [...] do we start banning speech against Christians? [...] Do we become a pro-Christian forum[?]

That's a classic "slippery slope" fallacy, WTWizard. Nobody said that you can't speak against Christian beliefs. The question nicolaou raised was, "Can't you make your point without this kind of infantile name calling?" English has somewhere between 500,000 and 1,000,000 words; there's lots of ways to express yourself politely yet firmly that won't scare away a Witness taking their first uncertain steps outside the Society's information control.

But I cannot disagree with you when you indicate that Simon seems to be fine with things the way are, or else he would make it clear that name-calling falls under rule #1 ("provoking") or #2 (hatred against religion). So in an absence of any moderators taking action to the contrary, I suppose I have to accept that this is the way the community is.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Tredescu -

We can only use REAL words to describe REALITY.

Since the WT religion is neither reality, nor does it use words like everybody else, real words are useless in the fight against them, as they have written their own dictionary which nobody else can fathom...

If they can make up their own words and vocabulary, so can we, who were taught by Masters.

HB

• Angharad
    Angharad
    soon we will be told not to admit to being gay, living with a partner, smoking, watching Harry Potter, all on the grounds we dont want to offend Jdub visitors to the site.
    THEN we will be told "dont bother posting if you disagree with the WTBTS religion, it might offend those still in."

I think that is a stretch, being gay, smoking etc are things that can affect people as they are leaving and they need to discuss these things without fear of being disfellowshipped / shunned, that is what this forum is here for.

Using names such as those in the topic title are a different issue completely, people are just pointing out that although it can be satisfying to have the freedom to use words like that, sometimes it has a negative effect on any argument you may be making and will just cause some to stop reading if it is overdone or purely used to shock.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

One other thing that not one poster on this thread has mentioned is that in the English speaking world we can invent our own NEW words.

Shakespeare coined countless new words and phrases, which found their way into our everyday speach.

Has anybody ever complained about him NOT using "real words" because he invented them? Only the ignorant Christians trying to get him banned from school libraries because he is "offensive".

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well I personal think these little word plays need not be judged too rashly by those trying to think freely. Word play has its play in writting no need to censor violaters and bring them in line if freedom of expression to you. If you don't like it don't read it, ignore it, or look beyond it.

It would be so sad if those trying to push the God needs respect and don't take his name in vain agenda. They need to stop trying to fight what is and force it into what they concider proper writting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_play

Word play or wordplay [1] is a literary technique and a form of wit in which the words that are used become the main subject of the work, primarily for the purpose of intended effect or amusement. Puns, phonetic mix-ups such as spoonerisms, obscure words and meanings, clever rhetorical excursions, oddly formed sentences, and telling character names [clarification needed] are common examples of word play.

Word play is quite common in oral cultures as a method of reinforcing meaning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit