On Jerkhovas Witlesses, Kingdumb Hells, Filthful & Discreet Slavebugger and Pio-sneering . .

by nicolaou 97 Replies latest forum suggestions

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I detest this type of posting. It's only my opinion of course and so long as forum rules aren't breached we're all free to express ourselves as we see fit. Doesn't mean I have to like it though.

Honestly, can't you make your point without this kind of infantile name calling? I wonder how lurking JW's, nervous and wary thanks to years of indoctrination, react when reading this sort of stuff. Those first tentative steps are the most important.

Just my thoughts . . . .

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I have mixed feelings....

I love me some WTWizard posting, but I see your point.

I guess as long as the WT brands us as "apostates" then I can't really feel that bad about any names that posters attach to them and their cult.

• cofty
    cofty

I agree with you nicolaou, only I do refer to the "borg" sometimes, it just seems so appropriate.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I also detest the sneering reference to Obama as Osama (Obama-Osama), but, to each his own.

*shrug*

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird

Now, imo, when Hamster Bait refers to the Governing Body as the Gibbering Buddy, THAT is funny!

LOL.

Syl

• techdotcom
    techdotcom

Apostate is an appropriate label for one who has left a faith. It's what they attribute to appostates that is often without merit and biased. The words in the subject of this thread however are in of themselves insulting and biased. That being said, eh, people should grow some thicker skin. However, the point is well made that these words are most likely off putting for those on the fence and exploring the information about the society online.

• undercover
    undercover

It doesn't offend me, I get where the poster is coming from but for the most part I don't use those type terms. I do use "dub", which I've heard JWs actually use, and bOrg.

If I'm in an ill mood, I won't use cute rearranging of letters to voice my displeasure...I'll just call it out plain. They're bastards and assholes... I think that's much more succint and to the point than Filthful Slavebugger

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I have to admit I've used terms like 'field circus' or 'kingdumb hell' a few times. What I find annoying is the persistent overuse of terms like that. I can't help but wonder at the state of mind and credibility of someone who appears incapable of posting without that terminology.

W

edited to add: oooooooohhh! I posted this 2 minutes from now! I'm ahead of my time!

• wobble
    wobble

I sympathise with your point of view Nicolau, and I would hate it if anyone was put off by this sort of thing, which I have merrily engaged in myself of course.

But I think it serves a good purpose, it shows that we here are no longer in thrall to, or afraid of the WT.

Also it calls attention to the falsity of the things they try to make out are sacred, the Governing Body in particular, but the status thought by Elders and Pioneers to be something they are rightfully proud of, and even that the name "Jehovah" is not a sacred cow.

When I first landed on this site as an inactive ,but still indoctrinated JW, I was apalled to find a poster named Homerovah The Almighty (no longer posts, sadly) and the various other epithets that were in use.

But that is partly what kept me reading, I was fascinated by this brand new(to me) world of people who poked fun at my religion!

All in all, I think the good it does outweighs the bad, and it was a cathartic relief to use many of the terms for me, we may as well let it continue, we could hardly stop it anyway, but I do think we should always stamp on inaccuracies, half-truths and really vulgar use of language against the WT.

Apart from that, let the DumDubs , Gibbering Buddy and Piosneers etc. have it !

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I'm not a huge fan of it, but there is a lot of anger. This is a safe place to express the anger. For so long, members have been repressed and forbidden to express their true feelings, I'd hate for them to feel censored here. They have a right to be angry. Those on the fence will need to understand that things are like this in the world. People get to say what they think, and they are welcome to join in. And that means, that sometimes, they will hear something that offends them. I really think that those that are likely to leave really get that. That is why they are lurking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit