On Jerkhovas Witlesses, Kingdumb Hells, Filthful & Discreet Slavebugger and Pio-sneering . .

by nicolaou 97 Replies latest forum suggestions

• Giordano
    Giordano

I am of two minds.......one head though. How does the WT define non witnesses, church goer's, apostates? If the law was different and they had the power we'd be burnt at the stake. So a little gentle riddicule is just fair play.

On the other hand I don't think it's going to scare off someone who is in the process of becoming a 'changeling'. To accomplish that they are going to have to get tougher about their lives and what they believe.

• AiAi
    AiAi

Now i find the terms amusing. But when I first saw this site it was these terms that made me think everyone was just angry apostates and it wasnt until a long time later I came back and looked deeper.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Each one of us is in a different part of the journey. Poking fun at and ridiculing this group is a part of the healing and also a reaction to it's oppressiveness.

I have been using "Botchtower" and "Field Serve-Us". I also use "Headshipt". They just seem to fit.

To quote Thomas Jefferson: "Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus."

• cantleave
    cantleave

The first WTWizard post I read really angered me and worried me.

That was 2 years ago, I now love the dude. The filthful and disgraceful slavebugger is pure genius and reflects my absolute disdain for these self appointed dicks.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The first WTWizard post I read really angered me and worried me.

That was 2 years ago, I now love the dude. The filthful and disgraceful slavebugger is pure genius and reflects my absolute disdain for these self appointed dicks.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I agree, although I do use the term borg. I hate 'witless'.

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Nicolau

I totally agree with you...unfortunately the person who uses these names may have something valuable to share, but because IMO it's corny I usually skip past these posts. No offense to the individual and the WT pain that they have been through, but it just comes off as juvenile.

TRESDECU

(Former assistant to the hounders and 1 time Aux. Pio-sneer)

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Just thought I'd add this by poster 'pmljohn' (I thought he summed it up well as a newbie):

"So I just signed up to this site - I just have to say this before answering the question. Whenever I read postings, be it on gossip sites, political discussions, or religion, I do not understand those people who use ridiculous terminology to describe what they dislike so much. "Field Circus," "Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund," "Littertrash," etc. I see the same thing when discussing politics, people using disparaging terms for Obama, Republicans, Liberals, Right Wing, you name it. The first thing that comes to my mind is the maturity of the people who cannot get over their dislike enough to use real words. It really discounts the seriousness of your complaints. It undermines the poster, because people read that crap and start to question whether or not it was the religion or the person. Did the religion fail the person, or did the person just have a really poor attitude, a lack of maturity, an unwillingness to try? Now alot of us know the real answers, because we were once part of all of this. But for those still in, reading this, or those just looking from the outside, it does not help the cause of real truth much, to read these immature postings. "

I should have linked to his original post, but you can look him up if you want...

TD

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I very much agree. I still hardly ever bother to read a post that's filled with these sorts of terms. One or two here and there to make a specific point I can tolerate, but more than that makes the post unreadable for me. They might be making great points as well underneath all the language but I will never know.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I agree with the point that that type of lingo probably does more harm than good (It's the sort of crap that drove me away from here when I first lurked here 8 years ago). That said, it is fitting and hilarious to me NOW.

So I'm kind of waffling on the issue at the moment.

I do use Borg and Dubs personally but not always; I pick my moments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit