On Jerkhovas Witlesses, Kingdumb Hells, Filthful & Discreet Slavebugger and Pio-sneering . .

by nicolaou 97 Replies latest forum suggestions

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

When I was lurking, those posts scared me to death-they seemed so disrespectful! But, I continued to read this site and others like it. The benefits of reading outweighed the negative feeling I initially had. Now, I just skip over posts like that cause the repeated use of those terms is silly to me.

But---if that's how a poster has to write in order to heal himself, then good for them! I don't have to read any post I don't like. I guess we all heal in a different way after exiting the WTBS.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Show me one WT quote just one re: apostates that isn't derogatory and I will repent and use respectful terms when referring to the GB

I take your point though

• cult classic
    cult classic

There are die-hard witnesses who make fun of witness "holy words". It's no big deal. If a lurker takes offense at these names it's because they believe the positions and those who hold them are holy. A belief they need to drop.

• mamalove
    mamalove

I think you take the risk of being offended by logging on, period.

People are all different and have varied ways of expressing themselves.

It is best to be as nice as you can, but to each his own!

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Washtowel Slaveholdery and Field Misery are two of my favourites.

I say no more pussyfooting around - let's call a spade a spade and tell it like it is! Just my 2c.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More
    fluorescent-lit, windowless tank

Just saw the above in another thread, referring to the Kingdom Hall, and I like it! This needs to be added to the ever-growing list of epithets for all things JW - I know there's a thread listing them all...somewhere...

• trevor
    trevor

The Bethel Boppers will be most offended to discover that this apostate site pokes fun at their carefully controlled oranganization. Hellders and minstrel servants will now feel less impotent.

They can only hope that Armandlegon comes soon and ushers in their much desired parasite earth. The Witchtower and Snake magazines contain enough Zionbalah and offensive pokes at outsiders to compensate for this site's occasional dung throwing.

• dgp
    dgp

My two cents:

I am not personally hurt when I see this words, but then I was never "in". So calling a Kingdom Hall a Kingdumb Hell does not expose any raw nerve.

That said, those words do have a place, and they do convey meaning.

Jorge Luis Borge said once that, if someone blocked your way while driving, you certainly wouldn't yell "You, son of a woman who lets sinful men use her body in a house of debauchery". Let me make this explicit, as Borges just left it implied: You'd certainly say "You son of a bitch". And there's a difference in meaning. I recognize that, for example, taking your hat off and saying "May you please send my greetings to your mother?" serves the same purpose, sort of conveys the same meaning, but it's not quite the same, is it?

If using those words are somebody's true feelings about the Society, why should he not be free to speak his mind?

I don't like the undertones of "worldly" in JW World. I can bet that the most exquisite language and the utmost respect for the Society wouldn't get me a different label.

Perhaps I can't relate to the feeling of being a Jehovah's witness (or should I say, "one of Jehovah's witnesses"?) and seeing those words said at my Mother. But I believe that people shouldn't have that thin a skin. Free speech is about respecting the right of others to say things that will certainly bother and upset you, not just the things you like. If we censor words lest it offends people, we'll end up controlling the language so that only "approved" ideas can be spoken. Reminiscence of a particular organization, anyone?

I wonder if anyone inside the Watchtower ever thought that calling the Catholic Church "The Harlot" would estrange and alienate potential converts. I'm sure it does, yet they always use it. Part of the attempts at indoctrinating me included seeing my reaction to the Catholic Church, MOTHER, being called that way.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I find WTwizard has some good to points to make, however a thread I'm hoping to print off for my parents is spoilt by his input.

I'm fortunate enough to have a mum & dad, long time JW's, starting to read what I print off from this discussion board & reason on it.

If WTwizard uses the kind of language he does on any thread I have to manually cut it out after printing as it would put them off of reading more.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Yeah, I'd been hoping that WTWizard might give his take on this but that's up to him I guess . . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit