Do You Hate The Jehovah's Witness Religion?

by minimus 147 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If you have a problem with folks here expressing their feelings about this religion then you won't be reading very many threads here. Folks have a right to voice their frustration here no matter how uncomfortable it may make YOU feel.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I guess it is like this: the more hurt/affected you were by the religion, the more the intense feelings.

I can't agree with that, dear Minimus (peace to you!). I wasn't hurt by them at all. I mean, I was subject to a lot of JC meetings, yeah, but that was actually kind of cool. Intense, but cool. It was interesting watching them trying to find fault with what I shared but not being able to, and finding out they didn't even know what was in the WT, let alone the Bible. So, I actually marveled at their responses and reactions, not got angry. And I am not angry, at least not with the members/people.

But I would be lying if I said I didn't hate that golden calf... primarily due to the many lives, both physical and spiritual... that have been lost because of it and its "wolves." But don't get me wrong: I hate the Catholic Church, as well... for IT'S part in misleading the chosens ones over the millenia, as well as the lives and spirits lost at IT'S hands... and the Protestant Church as well for ITS part (some might forget things like Salem witch hunts and the sanctioning of things like U.S. slavery and its associated "crimes" against humanity, as well as the treatment of homosexuals, the insane, the physically "imperfect", etc. over the centuries...).

I hate what the Most Holy One of Israel and His Son hate. One of those things is "wicked men who hide what they are." Sorry, but I HATE that. Some may believe that hate is an absence of love but that isn't quite accurate. While it is true that love is an absence of hate... hate can sometimes be a demonstration of love... if the thing hated is abhorrent... to God AND man. I may not hate Joe Doe, the pedophile, but I certainly hate pedophilia... and institutions (such as NAMBLA, I think) that push it. Man/man love is one thing; hey, to each his own - who am I to judge? Man/boy love, however, is an entirely different thing. And to just say that I "despise" pedophilia is inaccurate: I not ONLY despise it, I HATE it.

And I hate false religion, especially when it's very purpose isn't to lead people to God and/or Christ, at all... but to make those who purport to be doing so rich... and powerful. And it absolutely does do that. I cannot, in my WILDEST dreams... see my Lord presiding over anything like Bethel, or Patterson, or the Vatican, or the LDS empire... or ANY religious empire... with all of [their] holdings. Absolutely cannot see it. And, yes, while some of these do some "good"... imagine how much MORE would be done if they STOPPED robbing widows, orphans, the sick, and the poor... and actually LIQUIDATED/returned what they've taken. No, what they've STOLEN. I hate thieves... and they are thieves... and plunderers. All of them (the leadership). And NO ONE can tell me that the GB, the Pope, Cardinal Whoever, etc., REALLY believe they've been put up "over" God's people. Because NO WHERE does it say any of them EVER would be... in this world. They're just a bunch of power-hungry men who see what they WANT to see... and nothing they don't... when they "read" the "scriptures" (which most of them DON'T).

It's no wonder atheists, agnostics, and the like poo-poo those of us who ARE members of the Body of Christ. It is because of these... religion... that we aren't taken seriously. Their track records are absolutely reprehensible... and an absolute abomination. She IS the dwelling place of demons and EVERY hated flying thing.

Sorry, but I cannot speak less stronger on this that I have. I have NO doubt that my Lord's words, "How are you to escape the judgment of Gehenna?" applies to all of these. And all I can say is "Father forgive them," and "Too bad, too bad."

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Hate...such a strong word...but yes, at times I hate this religion that has poisoned my parents and older sister.
    Yes I hate the people that were able to contaminate them with their teachings.

At times I even hate my parents and sister for being so weak willed, so easily convinced and manipulated, so easily persuaded by BS.

Yes, at times it is like a venom eating aways inside me...

It is in those times that I hear my Lord's voice and He strengthens me and gives me hope and takes away the hate.

I have no words to thank Him for that, no words indeed and to thank Him for forgiving me the times I would yell at Him with hate, blaming HIM for all this mess!!

He took it all on his "broad shoulders" and let me spill out the hate and violence and anger and all I heard was "I love you Paul and I love them".

He cured the hate and cured the scars but...sometimes that hate comes rearing its ugly head, it still comes...

I think that more than anything else that hate comes from fear, fear for the will being of my mother, Father, sister and Nephew.

Sheesh...that was a vent...sorry about that guys.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear BroDan... and peace to you! While I absolutely do not agree with dear OBVES (peace to you, as well!), what you've posted is a bit inaccurate as well. While I understand the desire to take issue with OBVES... ummmmm... misleadings and misstatements, I am not directed to do so because of the obvious errors in them; however, because I perceive you as being sincere in your attempts to help him "see," I am compelled to so the same for you, if you will permit me, in the spirit that Priscilla and Aquila did with Apollos:

1. The last days began at 33 CE.(Acts 2:17) Peter quoted Joel and applied the "last days" to the days that they were living in.

The "last days" that Peter referred to you actually started with the outpouring of holy spirit at Pentecost 30 C.E., not 33 C.E. (as erroneously taught by the WTBTS). They use the 33 C.E. as part of the false justification for their 1914 doctrine.

This, then, was the beginning of the "Faithful Slave". All Christians are to be faithful and wise slaves of Jesus Christ and give all food (that is completely provided by God...see 2Tim 3:16) to all people of the earth. I am a faithful and wise slave. Please make yourself one too!

Two things, here: first, the Householder is not Christ, but God. Thus, the Faithful and Wise slave is our Lord, himself. HE is the "Faithful and True" Witness. He is the One who gives the household its food... at the proper time. And it isn't to ALL people of the earth, but to the "domestics"... or members of the household.

Second, that slave isn't named UNTIL the Master of the House arrives. So, for you to call yourself so is a bit premature, as well as inaccurate. I bring this up in light of your comment to dear OBVES that God has not given HIM permission to be a prophet. You don't actually know that (although it is doubtful, I agree); nor can you say that you are a "faithful and wise" slave. You, too, may be a false christ. Even if not, based on your position we still have to wait and see who that slave literally is, don't we?

3. MOST doctrines of Jehovah's Witnesses, as taught in 1919 when they were supposedly accepted as the Faithful Slave class, have been rejected. The doctrines that are held to be "proofs" that they are God's servants are mostly the trinity, immortal soul, and the great crowd. These teachings are not unique to Jehovah's Witnesses.

While the the first part of your statement is true, one of the "proofs" you offer is false: the Most Holy One of Israel is not a Trinity. Never has been, never will be. Because, there are only two: the Father... and the Son... the latter of whom IS the Holy Spirit.

You ask of dear OBVES:

a. Do not proclaim "false" prophecies. This will only lead to destruction

Isn't your calling yourself a faithful and wise slave NOW prophecy? And what if it turns out that you're not such a slave? Wouldn't that be FALSE prophecy, thus leading to the same destruction for you? On the other hand, how is it that you can say, now, that you are such a slave, yet denounce OBVES for prophesying, false though such may be?

b. Do not promote yourself. God has not given "YOU" the permission to be a prophet and tell everyone that the world will end in 2011

Again, same response as above. I understand that "in all probability" and "likelihood" and such things, dear OBVES is in error, even out of line. Yet, are you not doing the same thing?

c. Realize that the importance is ONLY Jesus. Instead of promoting a date, accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior. Be determined to follow Him. Do not worry about any "date". Serve him NOW just as you would serve him 10 years in the future while you are in heaven! Time makes no difference. God exists outside of time. Just serve Jesus NOW.

And this I can totally agree with, to a great extent (I would not say such as to "Jesus", but I get your meaning and totally agree with it).

My point? The "faithful" slave IS wise... or as some render the verse... "discreet". I cannot see, however, how your response to OBVES indicates either. While I do not say that you are NOT such [a] slave (it is surely not up to me to do so)... I cannot see how your so saying is much different than that OBVES is doing.

Just something to think about and, again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's not like I can start stirring controversy here, so I will answer:

I hate the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses.

To be fair: I hate all organized religion. In the long run, it now does more harm than good. It has served it's useful purpose and we have outgrown it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MINIMUS: While I do not hate the people in the congregations because I consider them to be misled, I DO despise the religion. Hate is too strong a word for me and sounds like I'm getting all worked up. Let's just say I have NO use for it and want nothing to do with it now that I know EVERYTHING about it.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

There is only one difference between the watchtower and my morning dump: my morning dump is necessary and easily flushed. The watchtower is not.

W

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    The "last days" that Peter referred to you actually started with the outpouring of holy spirit at Pentecost 30 C.E

Thanks, AGuest. Yeah, my biblical doctrine still has "left overs" from the WT. Thanks for the clarifications. I do though have a couple of responses:

Isn't your calling yourself a faithful and wise slave NOW prophecy?

No that is not a prophecy. All Christians are to be faithful and wise slaves of Christ. They are to be faithful and wise BEFORE the master comes.

I understand that "in all probability" and "likelihood" and such things, dear OBVES is in error, even out of line. Yet, are you not doing the same thing?

Absolutely not. I am not setting dates, talking about "my" teachings or anything of the sort. But I DO know that Christ will not come on the day that OBVES is prophecying because of Matthew 24:31

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Also, AGuest, since Christ is God...I can appropriatly say that Christ is the householder.

• Lion Cask
    Lion Cask
    If you have a problem with folks here expressing their feelings about this religion then you won't be reading very many threads here. Folks have a right to voice their frustration here no matter how uncomfortable it may make YOU feel.

Well, I thought it would be my last post. No, I don't have a problem of that nature at all, mrsjones. If you look earlier on in this thread you'll find my opinion about the WTS is not flattering. I loathe it deeply and would be overjoyed to see it destroyed. My problem is I am confused about what is and what is not considered swearing or insulting, threatening or provoking language, etc. in here. Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with people expressing themselves in any way they wish. I'm still looking for where the line is, and wondering if the posting guidelines are elastic depending on one's seniority. If that's the way it is, then that's the way it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit