2010 Partakers number is out!!!

by Hairyhegoat 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• steve2
    steve2

I predict that, should the number of "anointed" double in the next few years, most JWs will continue their boredom-induced sleep-fest.

Since when have JWs as a group ever been capable of seeing in front of their very eyes numbers that don't add up - or, in this case, numbers that "overly" add up?

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

I think the WT has a little zombie problem.

• pontoon
    pontoon

I remember years ago we were only suppose to invite bible studies and interested ones to the memorial. Then it changed. Invite everybody!! I never understood that. Jesus only had his very close followers---the apostles. Now its get everyone to attend. Borg likes big numbers. Go in service and invite ones you meet without having a proper chance to explain it all and know if they understand or not. Maybe part of the reason for more partakers. I don't know.

• flipper
    flipper

This cult is totally insane. It's leaders ; and the members just follow suit to their own demise

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Is this number legit? I have the Jan 2011 KM and I did not see this.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I remember years ago we were only suppose to invite bible studies and interested ones to the memorial. Then it changed. Invite everybody!! I never understood that.

It's hard to maintain your tax-exempt status as a religion in the USA, dear Pontoon (peace to you!), if your most "sacred" meeting of the year isn't open to the public. Goes counter to the whole "freedom of religion" thing guaranteed by the US Constitution. Also, violates the Constitution of many states, including California. Religious organizations enjoy tax-exempt status because they are "open to the public" (some might remember when churches weren't even permitted to lock their doors but had to stay open 24/7 for the indigent! Vandalism changed that...). Hence, the "Public Talk." That is why it is named so, as all of the others meetings truly are for members, family, and those on the brink of joining...

Some have hinted that the reason for removing the home Book Study was traffic, safety, potential risk of pedophilia, and other issues. While all of these are valid reasons, I think that the fact that the meeting was NOT "open to the public"... but conducted in private homes... and thereby, potentially undermining their claim of tax-exempt status... was the reason for removal. I believe a change in the Tax Code prompted it as a religion cannot hold onto its tax-exempt status by having certain of its meetings "closed" to the public... or held in places that the public cannot access.

I hope this helps!

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA, who believes law school was actually good for something... including understanding "religious" corporations and how their tax-exempt status is derived and maintained (and yes, the WTBTS did come up in law school on occasion)...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I heard the rumor leaking about home book studies being cancelled in large part due to tax exemption laws. There's a lot to that rumor.
    While the same might be partially true for inviting "everyone" to the Memorial, I also think it was a campaign for a couple of other reasons:

1. Pressure everyone to get out in field recruiting for this simple 'leave-an-invitation-and-run' effort to bring up the 'publisher' numbers.
    No need to really avoid this campaign as all they had to do was say, "Here's your invitation."
    2. 'Place' a few million folded flyers instead of a few million magazines to reduce costs for a month.
    3. Make everyone feel so special and involved.

And it would be a bonus if anyone showed up from the campaign.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I heard the rumor leaking about home book studies being cancelled in large part due to tax exemption laws.

I'm certain that the connection is obvious to many, but I'm not following you. Please elaborate for the sake of my ignorance.

• DanaBug
    DanaBug

Lol @OTWO

The memorial invites and tract campaigns were my favorite kind of service.

• Scully
    Scully

Oh well, I guess I have at least another 50 years or so to kill before Armageddon™.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit