• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

so there is more than 144,000, just a guess haha

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

will the 1,000,000 member of the 144,000 please stand up

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Designs; no one really paid any attention, the funny thing is a girl sitting in the same row as me partook as well, she must have been mid 25's odd looking.

• moshe
    moshe

That 5000 increase from 1945 to 1946 must have been all the JWs in WW2 ravaged countries coming out of hiding.

I knew the numbers were bogus 30 years ago as I had an actuary do a report for me using the average age of the anointed as 35 in 1935 (low average). The report said that in 1984 the numbers for that age group should be around 3000 and under 2000 by 1990. Do you think the elders loved my information- or Bethel? I was told to keep quiet- or ELSE.

• designs
    designs

moshe-

Weren't the 'or Else' threats heartwarming. Fred didn't like competition in the inspiration Department. Oracles are like that.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

As Ned Flanders would say they're in a dilly of a pickle.

I suppose they could riff on a theme of "many are called but few chosen", in which case they could say it would be unfair to have sealed the 144k before the overlapping last days Christians were even born, but they've scuppered themselves with the individual anointed aren't special idea.

Actually what they'll probably do is bring in the 'simplified statistics arrangement', and just report the numbers they want - peak pubs and memorial attendance.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't doubt the number but would really like to see the context of releasing it. I don't recall the number coming out (at least not the worldwide number) in the KM before, especially not this early. Don't we usually have to wait for the Yearbook or February WT?

How about a scan of the page or at least a summary of the article/box/information.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Since many of the partakers are probably fake, and those who are not fake are not important anyway, why don't they just show a video of the governing body partaking of the emblems on Memorial night and let it go at that?

• DagothUr
    DagothUr

My God, it's overlapping! It's overlapping!

• life is to short
    life is to short

What I do not get is why they did not just fudge the numbers. They distort everything else why not this as it really makes them look stupid.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit