2010 Partakers number is out!!!

by Hairyhegoat 97 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• agonus
    agonus

Interesting that the number of partakers started to spike right around the time they introduced the "public" and "study" editions of the WT.

What are they up to?

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    Since many of the partakers are probably fake, and those who are not fake are not important anyway, why don't they just show a video of the governing body partaking of the emblems on Memorial night and let it go at that?
    Bonnie_Clyde:
    WTF: Since many are fake?
    You certainly must have meant, "since all of them are fake"

Oh yes - ldrnomo - you and I know they are all fake. But the explanation most JW's would give is that "many are fake"--that explains the increase of numbers.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In Blondie's quote from WT 2000, they said:

“Sixth, the number of genuine anointed disciples of Christ is dwindling, though some will evidently still be on earth when the great tribulation begins. Most of the remnant are quite elderly, and over the years the number of those who are truly anointed has been getting smaller

Dwindling? from Thomas Covenants figures the numbers had been up and down prior to that.

1992 8683

1993 8693

1994 8617

1995 8645

1996 8757

1997 8795

1998 8756

1999 8755

2000 8661 **

2001 8730

I hardly call it "dwindling" at Yr 2000 since it had been lower in 1996 ! . Of course the numbers started a steady rise after that statement. Was that 'Holy Spirit' from the God who knows "from the beginning the finale"
  • wannabefree
    wannabefree

... plus, if mortality rate applies at approximately 1%, which one could reason the mortality rate should be higher assuming the age of the average anointed one is high, the rate of increase for partakers is impressive ...

The end is closer now than it ever has been! Must by any time now, the ingathering of anointed ones proves this beyond any doubt!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

11,202 partakers. WOW! That number is going to raise some eyebrows and cause some embarrassment.

The number went up even though precautionary measures were put in place. The speaker at our memorial, for example, instructed the servers to pass over d'fd ones and any suspect of being apostate.

So many things happening that are biting the Society in the buttocks!

• Gayle
    Gayle

I suspect many more "partook" but were not counted. Total still increased. I suspect finding devoted partakers having absolute loyalty, someone somewhat JW sane yet, and under 70 years old are getting hard to come by in this group to qualify as additional GB. They've trapped themselves in this dilemma.

• sir82
    sir82

Dwindling? from Thomas Covenants figures the numbers had been up and down prior to that.

BB, you missed the key word - it's one of the WT's favorites: genuine.

"the number of genuine anointed is dwindling..."

It's a tactful way to insult those whom the WTS dislikes.

"Sure you may go to church, but are you a genuine Christian?"

"Sure Sister Loony Tune, you may take the emblems, but are you genuinely anointed?"

"Sure you may be filling a seat at the Kingdom Hall, but are you a genuine disciple if you don't comment / sing / take notes / pay attention / etc."

By saying "the genuine number has been dwindling" it's a back-handed way of saying "Hey most of you idiots are FAKERS!!!!!"

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

I was only 98 out! Surely with that kind of accuracy I should qualify for a senior position in the GB such as chief prophesying servant. I predict the end of the world in 2108 (give or take 98 years).

mmxiv

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

mmxiv - you'd still be closer than the other WT prophesies!! You're hired.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

That "number is dwindling" business is OLD LIGHT. There is a BRAND NEW OVERLAPPING GENERATION of anointed now, and the fact that they're growing is no problem at all for the Borganization. In fact, the growing number of partakers reinforces the concept that the overlapping generation of anointed "evidently" exists.

They still use the weasel-word "genuine" but that sort of language is just second-nature to WT writers (like "evidently" and "apparently").

there will be so many "anointed" who are fed up with the Tower's bullshit they'll either take over the org, form a splinter group, or leave altogether.

They can't take over because they have no rank or authority in the organization; in fact, most of them are marginalized and viewed as kooks by the rank and file elders who outrank them. Many have already left (or gotten kicked out) but as individuals they can't gather much of a following. The best they can hope for is to get some amount of Internet following via blogs and websites (e-watchman, Perimeno, etc.).

There is nothing the anointed can do (whether they're "genuine" or otherwise). The Borg beat them to the punch by establishing the "GB are the only anointed worth a damn" and "great crowd elders outrank anointed" policies. All they can do is exist, hope to go to heaven, and pray that Jehovah cleans up the organization in his own time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit