High Profile Case: Seeking Reinstatement

by headisspinning 113 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• yknot
    yknot

Check your messages!

Please remember that 'people' are often reflective of the different 'voices' of the WTS...

We have 'moderates', conservatives, primatives, liberals and freakin' fanatics........all can be found in congregations and Bethel.

Extreme shunning is what Jaracz's version of the God's Love book proclaims and 'good JWs' must adhere to this to a tee to be worthy.

This is why disagreeing with anything against the current WTS stance is considered apostasty in the Elder's Manuals.

(I am not defending the ugliness but admitting some in Bethel encourage this behavior without regret)

• mamalove
    mamalove

Congratulations on your dear little baby! How old is he/she? That is so sweet and I am sure is helping soften things up in your life a bit.

My heart goes out to you at how badly the members of "gods organization" have treated you. Not very Christlike...((HUGS))

My guess is that since you were DF'd 15 months ago, that due to the high profile nature of your situation that they are biased and feel it is better PR to have you DF'd longer for the ex wife and ex husband sake and to placate to some of the rumors. So basically they want to punish you longer and humiliate you because it just feels like the right thing to do to them. I don't recall any scriptures showing a sliding scale on sins and months you should be shunned.

Part of the whole marriage break up thing is REJECTION. You rejected your ex and he rejected his ex. People bristle at rejection. Granted the kids are affected and that is unavoidable. But people often fail to remember that people deserve to be happy. Children are better off with happy parents if they are divorced than miserable and attempting suicide while married. Hang in there...if being a JW is your calling, and it feels right to you, then I wish you the best!

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

Our baby is four months old and he is a joy - thanks for asking!

I'm sure you're right but the funny thing is both of our exes WANT us to be reinstated and both have expressed the desire to be on good terms once we return. I actually brought that up in the letter I wrote explaining about my husband's childhood abuse. The same with our kids - they all want us to be reinstated. My husband's kids have limited their association and communication with him but they said as soon as he is back, they want to be much bigger part of his life. Thankfully for me, my kids would never think of treating me any differently over the situation. My son (who is 14) actually told me that although he isn't sure of all my reasons for making the decisions I have made, he trusts me and is fully assured that I did what I had to do. What a sweetie! He sees that I am much happier now and even though things have been hard, I am thankful that he has not been brainwashed.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Headspinning, welcome.

The Organization cares about how things look, ...not about people, or repentance, or love, or truth, or what is in a person's heart, or what person has suffered, or anything else.

Only how things look.

But some things are more important than 'how things look.'

You and your husband are two very precious things that are much, much more important than 'how things look.'

Love is more important than 'how things look.'

The Organization has their priorities way out of wack.

• yknot
    yknot

Hmmmm well if you have Ex's backing...... write another letter a month before your next DC and if no response or denial is given then seek out aid of CO or DO. At worst you can ask them to help you understand what else is needed to show your repentance or if this is just an outright 'making an example' case and how many years to expect before yall should submit another letter.

• letarottenthingnotbementioned
    letarottenthingnotbementioned

I still have friends who are JW's and this really makes me mad...if all you went through with these elders is as you say then they have to answer as "shepards." I showed this to a friend who in turn showed it to one of his elders and the elder's response was this is not the way you should ever be treated and that compassion is one of the first things that should be shown. He said if you truly want to come back go to a different congregation because obviously they will have to answer to Jah themselves.

I have known a lot people in and out over the years and I can honestly say we never went through this in the area in Canada I lived in. They were how one would expect a "shepard", "compassionate", "loving" man of god should be. Sure they disaplined people but not one person I know who left or got D'ffd has a bad thing to say about what their attitude or the way it was other than it sucked. Yes I know that isn't the case for some believe me.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    "I still believe the Truth"

Excuse me for saying this, dear HeadSpinning (peace to you!)... and I mean absolutely NO offense... but your statement isn't true. You believe... the WTBTS. Which is NOT the truth. Which is part of you and your husband's problem. You want to belong. Unfortunately, that which you want to belong to... has hypocritically rejected you. And there is nothing you can do except keep begging them to take you back until they do. Seems to ME, however, that they are absolutely missing the very point of the account of the prodigal son.

There is One, however, who never misses the point of that account. Most probably because HE... is the Truth (John 14:6). You could, you and your husband, go to HIM... and ask to belong to HIM. I promise you, his is a MUCH kinder and lighter "yoke." And it's never lacking in love... or forgiveness.

May you be granted ears to hear the truth of what I have shared with you... if you so wish them... and may JAH (Psalm 68:4) bless you and your household.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Incognito
    Incognito

Welcome to headisspinning & family,

You mention about praying to Jehovah about this situation. I'm sure that you've heard the saying: 'God works in mysterious ways'. Perhaps this situation is Jehovah's way of helping you look at the JW religion to prove to yourself if it is really 'The Truth'. Sometimes the best results come from situations that initially seem very dire and hopeless.

1 Thess 5:21 indicates to: test all things and to hold onto what is good. This situation may have been the only thing to cause you to test the Watchtower organization to prove if what it proclaims is actually 'The Truth' and is actually God's organization on earth. Someone once made the profound statement along the line: The biggest obstacle to finding truth ... is the mistaken belief that you've already found truth (or already know it).

You are individually responsible for what you believe and the life you live and only you can prove that your beliefs are correct. Association with an organization does not automatically give you a 'Free Pass'. You need to ask yourself: Do I really want to know the "Truth"? Am I humble enough to accept TRUTH even if it contradicts what I already thought was 'The Truth'?

Don't blindly accept whatever anyone tells you, but check into the things they say to test if what is said is correct. This goes for what anyone here tells you and especially for the Watchtower as only they proclaim to be God's only mouthpiece.

Is what the Watchtower requires actually required by God or does what they demand actually contradict what the Bible says, if the bible passage is read in proper context?

This maybe the only occasion where you can freely investigate any and all information to prove the claims made by the Watchtower. Take advantage of this opportunity! Decisions you make now can have a monumental impact on you, your husband's and child's future life.

Wannabefree said:

We were protective of the organization.

Considering JW's stating that Jehovah is the most powerful being in the entire universe, their usual actions contradict this statement. If he is the most powerful being, why do we, mere weak humans, need to protect him and cover-up what goes on within HIS organization?

Your life as a JW affects who you are and how you deal with life's situations. Since the JW religion has such a major influence, in your and your Husband's need for Professional assistance, the affect of the religion must be discussed if you both are to progress in dealing with your issues.

• cantleave
    cantleave

READ READ READ - good places to start are:

Captives of a concept - by Don Cameron

Crisis of Conscience - by Raymond Franz

Combating Cult Mind Control - by Stephen hassan

• besty
    besty

welcome to JWN

First of all I would suggest taking some time to breathe, literally and metaphorically - there is no real rush to 'do' something. The subconscious will process your thoughts in time - just allow it the space to do so.

When you are ready maybe:

Don't worry about apostate dosctrinal stuff - 607, and overlapping generations and all that kind of thing is not important for you right now.

Good luck on your journey and please keep posting here - eventually your head will stop spinning, but your username will remain:-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit