High Profile Case: Seeking Reinstatement

by headisspinning 113 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

Welcome!

It is nice to talk to a group of people who get "it". No other group of people in the world know when reading your post know how real it is. We also can see into the future for you as well, knowing the years and years of shunning ahead for you, as well as the years of being the ones who are gossiped about in your cong.

I asked my mother the other day, "When you are out in field service and you come across a householder who loves her religion. Infact is overjoyed! She attends regulary, reads daily, has a personal relationship with God. Would you try to get her to become a Jehovahs Witness?" And so I ask you if you would make a new disciple, even though you would have to destroy someones faith to do so?

Yes? Then I implore you to go a little beyond your own comfort zone, expand your thinking, your love for God will only grow. There are alot of truths out there that might rock your world. Thruths are real they do not vanish and float away, however some of my former truths were like a childhood belief in Santa Clause.....and one day someone says, "Santa is not Real he is imaginary".....the gut reaction is to say "No he is real!!!" But it is too late the question is there, the bubble has been popped. We look it up, we look for proofs, and then we move on, we grow. Pryimdology, False Prophecy, 607, Dates (1914 1925,1975), the Cross, the Blood doctrine (this was my start...do some searching on this it will blow your mind) and the list goes on and on.

Make your truth real, read Crisis of Conscenience, read the bests of threads on this board, freeminds.org is a great start, and so is jwfacts. do the work...it will be hard. Pearsonal Stories is how I started to heal. And I didnt want to be an apostate either!

Congrats on the baby, I think you are in the best place for rebuilding, and I am excited for the 3 of you, and your husbands other kids. Healthy emotional balanced parents make so much better lives for their children.

Again Welcome, you have friends here.

• baltar447
    baltar447

Question for you: How long since you two were DF'd?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Why not just move on and let it go? If there is a Jehovah he isn't happy with all this bullshit. Just move on and live.

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

I really appreciate this point: "Please know that the approval of men in the Organization isn't necessary for you to be right with Jehovah and Jesus. Nothing and nobody can take that relationship away from you or prevent you from having it."

That's what we need to keep in mind. Thank you.

I myself have experienced terrible depression for years. My mother raised us as JWs but she was a master of using guilt to control us. We were raised doing things or not doing them out of fear of her anger rather than because of our love for Jehovah.

I finally got help for my depression starting back in 2007 and after some very intensive therapy I am in a much better place emotionally. I cannot thank my therapist enough for helping me through those dark days.

Wannabefree... I'm glad your daughter was able to get some help too... I watched part of the video you posted. I've read about that religion before and it is interesting that a number of Herbert W. Armstrong's teachings are so similar to JWs... that being said, there are a number of points I disagree with.

I'm not struggling with our beliefs... I am struggling with the way imperfect people are treating us. So far, I have been able to keep the two separate in my mind. I am angry and hurt... most definitely... but at the human beings... not Jehovah and not the organization.

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

To the question about how long ago we were disfellowshipped... it has been a year and almost three months.

• baltar447
    baltar447

I would write another letter at 2 years. If they don't respond favorably I'd write the society about it. Can't hurt your case in my opinion. Of course anyone with a different viewpoint is welcome to chime in.

• will_the_apostate
    will_the_apostate

Welcome headisspinning, and congratulations on your child. The first thing you should do is continue with therapy for your husband, yourself, and as a couple. You and your family are not alone and not outcast and do not deserve to be treated as such! As has been pointed out, you should reflect that it is a group of 'worldly' 'aposte' strangers that are trying to help you with your situation and whom you feel you can vent too and not people that you grew up with. As for the slander and gossip that is par for the course, if your case is as 'high profile' as you claim then the elders will make an example of you and your husband and will wait a long time to reinstate you. BUT THIS A BLESSING!!!! Use this time to focus on your family and truly examine your beliefs, do research not just with Watchtower material but from outside sources as well (try looking up the sources the WTS uses in thier books). Where there any dreams or hobbies that you were interested in but never had time because of the 'theocratic work"? You might find in time with a little soul searching and not being influenced by your friends and family that it might not be the 'truth' you thought it was.

You can send anyone on here a private message (PM) to ask specific questions or you can just read everyone else's experiences ranging from dealing with abuse, shunning, and other topics that will help you realise you and your family are not alone.

ps 'apostate' is just a word used to label and scare.

Much Love

will_the_apostate

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

headisspinning ... I apologize if I gave you the impression that watching that video turned me into a believer in Armstrong's Church of God teachings. By no means did that happen. Rather, it was looking at what is to me obviously a false religion with control aspects eerily parallel with the Watchtower Society. I believed I had "the Truth". When you believe it is the truth, it is hard to hear or accept anything said against it. My personal experience is that the video allowed me to see something about my own faith that I previously couldn't accept. It was a catalyst that allowed my mind to put together many things that had troubled me in the past that I just tucked away and move forward in search of answers.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree
    I'm glad your daughter was able to get some help too

Thank you. But she really was robbed of the help she needed. We were protective of the organization. I now know that Jehovah does not need to be protected from anything. His name, Jesus name, can handle whatever comes its way. Jehovah didn't protect his name by hiding the sins of his followers in Bible times, he made sure they were confronted. King David's sins were scandalous, yet Jehovah didn't allow them to be hidden. What I mean is, when you and your husband get the professional therapy that you need, don't think that you have to protect God's name from reproach by hiding things that might be pertinent to getting the relief that you need.

Can you imagine Jesus saying to someone crushed in spirit ... "when you get help, be careful that nothing you say reflects poorly on God's organization" ?

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

Oh sorry, Wannabefree... I wasn't sure what you were getting at. Thanks for clarifying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit