High Profile Case: Seeking Reinstatement

by headisspinning 113 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hi and welcome.

Be sure to recognize the distinction between 'truth' and 'The Truth®'.

Calling it 'the truth' doesn't make it so unfortunately.

• Gayle
    Gayle

For your child, you must be able to offer something better. Offer your child love, unconditional type love, not JW organization type love. Let your child be free to just be a child. Teach the awesomeness of learning, good education.

I hope you can learn of God's forgiveness. It is not like JW arrogant judgementalism. You have endured emotional abuse and your husband with sexual abuse. Those situations are quite critical and certainly return as one gets older..even if ones try to stuff if away, it remains. The JW organization wants their people to just stuff it and hardly accept to recognize it. Such things fester. The organization isnot loving.

You have accepted accountability of marriage and now have a new child to raise. Move on. Don't wear yourself out with a burdensome, unloving, unforgiving man-made religion.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Your experiences unfortunately, are not uncommon.

I do highly suggest that you revisit why you wish to rejoin this abusive organization. I note that you have an issue with "apostates". May I suggest that you check the Bible to see where the term apostasy appears in connection with people leaving the Christian faith? (hint: there is no such text)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eG219nkIrE

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

Thank you all for your words of support, suggestions and understanding. We have many challenges ahead of us but thankfully we have each other. I can't imagine going through something like this all alone.

We are just going to focus on our family, our relationship and healing... the rest will have to resolve itself over time.

Thanks!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I know you got as much support from the elders as you did from evil us, right? :)

• littlebird
    littlebird

Welcome, Headisspinning! take this time to read your bible on your own. compare different translations. I would start in the greek scriptures. Then ask yourself "Would Jesus have treated us this way?" How about the woman he met at the well? Ask yourself, if the wt way of dealing with people they have disfellowshipped is really the way the bible tells us to handle these situations.

It is nice to have you here!

• TheListener
    TheListener

Head is spinning

Welcome to the forum. Please, always feel free to vent and discuss your thoughts here. We are not trained counselors but we can be a friendly ear.

I wish you and your husband the best.

TL

• littlebird
    littlebird

Oh, I forgot to mention, the story of the prodigal son. I just have never read, where is father made him turn in a letter in the first place or his father saying he had to wait for years to be allowed back in the family. Just things to think about. I wish you the best.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Dear headisspinning,

My heart goes out to you and your family.

The emotional pain is obviously overwhelming for you.

Please know that the approval of men in the Organization isn't necessary for you to be right with Jehovah and Jesus. Nothing and nobody can take that relationship away from you or prevent you from having it.

Hopefully you can get therapy and you and your husband feel free to discuss details with the therapist. Several years ago, my daughter was going through a very serious emotional crisis, we were torn about whether or not to get worldly therapy for her, when we did, we were so cautious about anything that was said so as to not bring reproach on the Organization, to protect "The Truth". You can't really heal if you set boudaries as to where you will or will not go.

A little under a year ago I was doing research for a call that I had found in the ministry. We had nice discussions and I decided to do some background work into the religion he was newly associating with to try and understand him better and win him over to "The Truth". In doing so, I came across a video that had to do with the history of the religion he was involved with, it had nothing to do with Jehovah's Witnesses but had a great impact on me. It may be a help to connect some dots in your mind.

Best wises.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMGJERAGMT4

• yknot
    yknot

Hugs......lots and lots of HUGS!!!!

I am so happy yall have each other, new baby and new life........so much abundance is precious!

Well yall have done the worst thing possible in the WTS .............things became 'known'!

I hate how appearances trump everything!

Check your PMs (click on enevelop by username on the right hand corner of the screen, click on the message to retrieve-if you get an error message, hit the back button, refresh and reclick message)

Since reinstatment is desired I have to ask.....'Can yall move uber far away from the district?' Because yall are NEVER going to live this down!

Even if you get reinstated in 5 years, you will be marked FOREVER.....(trust me on this I am talking from an almost 30 year marking)

I know a lot of people here will try to 'help you' by lessening the load and letting you know how much is 'bull' in regards to the Truth please understand they know they can't remove the 'sting' of your local area's actions but they are trying to help you feel some relief by showing you were the 'Truth' sometimes is more of 'current opinon' or 'myth that happened over time'.........they care and are well meaning people so please don't be offended.

The rest I will cover in the PM....

Hug and love to you and your little family!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit