Do You Really Care About the People On Here?

by snowbird 158 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

How they're feeling, coping?

Well, do you?

Thanks to those who respond.

Syl

Honestly? Some more than others.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Cheeze, I want to tell you too that I REALLY appreciate and care for what you and your wife have gone through with your JC and DF'ing. It gives me courage and hope that when I go through it, maybe my wife will come with me. I think you've handled yourself very respectably and honorably. You did not let anger (and totally deserved anger) be shown to the elders that you respect. I respect that SO much about you.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Mad Sweeney.

Of course.

Syl

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You know I love you Jonesy!

I know you do Ducky and back at ya.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Thanks Sylvia but I can't recall anything you've done that required forgiving.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm glad to hear that, Gladiator.

*women do have better memories than men*

Syl

• undercover
    undercover

I don't wear my feelings on my sleeve...except maybe some cynicism or anger.

I don't always post on threads where someone has shared a tragedy or bad luck. I feel like if I post on one then I should be fair and post on all, so I tend to not post at all, unless it's someone I'm really familiar with or a long-time poster I admire.

I have been accused of being hard-hearted and uncaring but while I may not show it...or post it, I am touched by the bad things I read people are going through and I do feel for those going through tough situations.

In return, I try to not burden anyone with my trials and tribulations. I try to keep my experiences shared here related to the JW aspect of life. My other issues aren't ya'lls problem...

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I think I do...

Made some nice friends here.

Even those I don't see eye 2 eye with.... I tend to try and understand.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I care about people here as much as one can care about strangers that we feel a fellowship with.

There are those I relate to better than others and those that upset me and those that hurt me and those that give me strength and we can'treally FEEL things about people and NOT care about them to one extent or another.

Still, all are strangers that I feel a fellowship with.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I care to an extent. Those whom I've met personally, yes. Those whom I know only by means of their posts, kind of. I mean, I care, but until I've actually met a person or talked by phone or linked via facebook or twitter, it's kind of an abstract feeling of caring.

I've never done one of those bracket hugs, you know, these things ((((((((((((((( ))))))))))))))))).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit