My Family

by alice.in.wonderland 209 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Maybe the 3 or 4 different people that post as Alice can identify themselves when they sign in, just as a courtesy.

I notice that when you are quoting in defense of free speech, you haven't quoted the Watchtower, but a worldly movie.

Do you overlords know that you have seen an R rated movie?

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster
    Now that we're all in agreement, what we have here can be used for something other than to bicker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fuDDqU6n4o

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

My position isn't one of insensitivity toward anyone that claims they were abused, but how it gets back to Jehovah's Witnesses as an organization that acts as a protective agent toward child neglect, abuse. The “good of the Universal Church had to be considered in the final decision" as an official statement has been repeated by clergy up to and including the Pope, but this rhetoric has only been picked up and applied to Jehovah's Witnesses by ex-JWs. Mischievous persons have wedged their way into many profit and non-profit organizations and stirred up trouble. This information here is in compliance with RAINN:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandated_reporter

In many U.S. states and Australia, mandated reporters are professionals who, in the ordinary course of their work and because they have regular contact with children, disabled persons, senior citizens, or other identified vulnerable populations, are required to report (or cause a report to be made) whenever financial, physical, sexual or other types of abuse has been observed or is suspected, or when there is evidence of neglect, knowledge of an incident, or an imminent risk of serious harm. For example, in South Australia, a school teacher must report a child attending school seeming malnourished or presenting with bruising, complaining of neglect or otherwise demonstrating neglect or abuse at home, to child welfare authorities.

These professionals can be held liable by both the civil and criminal legal systems for intentionally failing to make a report but their name can also be said unidentified. Mandated reporters also include persons who have assumed full or intermittent responsibility for the care or custody of a child, dependent adult, or elder, whether or not they are compensated for their services. RAINN maintains a database of mandatory reporting regulations regarding children and the elderly by state, including who is required to report, standards of knowledge, definitions of a victim, to whom the report must be made, information required in the report, and regulations regarding timing and other procedures at http://www.rainn.org/public-policy/legal-resources/mandatory-reporting-database/

Abuse occurs where a victim has suffered physical injury inflicted other than by accidental means, has injuries, or is in a condition resulting from mistreatment, such as malnutrition, sexual molestation or exploitation, deprivation of necessities, emotional abuse or cruelty.

Neglect may be defined as abandonment, denial of proper care and attention physically, emotionally, or morally, or living under conditions, circumstances or associations injurious to well-being.

Typically, minimum requirements for what must be reported include:

• A description of how the reporter learned of the injuries or neglect and of any actions taken to assist
    • Information on previous injuries, assaults, neglect or financial abuses
    • The date, time, nature, and extent of the abuse or neglect
    • The date of the report
    • The perpetrator's name, address, and relationship to the (possible) victim
    • The reporter's name, agency, position, address, telephone number, and signature

Law enforcement or public health agencies are responsible for immediately evaluating and classifying all reports of suspected abuse, neglect, or imminent risk. When reports contain sufficient information to warrant an investigation, authorities must make efforts within a reasonable time frame to begin an effective investigation, often within hours, particularly when there is an imminent risk of physical harm or another emergency; investigations must also be completed within a reasonable or specified time frame. The investigation also must also include a determination of whether the report was actually warranted or if it was unfounded.

There have been media outlets that have interviewed individuals that have told stories and no qualifying evidence was presented that would lead to an alleged perpetrator being charged with a crime, let alone a successful conviction. The only item of interest that made these stories "news worthy" was a " veiled threat of being excommunicated." If a person makes criminal accusations to anyone in a position of authority, they will explain “you need to be careful who you speak to about this sort of thing” if they choose not to act as a communication medium between the accuser and authorities. For future reference, I guess the elders should hand a copy of the official policy to the accuser so there are no communication problems as it provides instructions: " Additionally, the victim or anyone else who has knowledge of the allegation may wish to report the matter to the authorities, and it is his or her absolute right to do so." For incidents that slip through the cracks like what I stated about my father, it doesn't get back to Jehovah's Witnesses as an organization.
  • quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Alice thanks for sharing your story. I can empathize with you over your father's position in your family and your complicated relationship with him. So hugs to you.

When you first joined I found your posts so very difficult to understand and simply gave up, leaving it to others, who seemed to understand what you were saying, to enter discussions with you. But your thread here clarifies your take on the WTS enormously. And whats more I think you have changed a lot as you point out on page 4, post 854- I can understand you more at any rate

ql

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    The pic was in response to Shamus's profanity and a post a lot like the one he posted in this thread:

So that makes it ok in your opinion?

Grow up and take responsibility for your own actions. This isn't the first time you have blamed other people for your own bad behaviour.

Your family's association with this cult doesn't seem to have made better people out of any of them.

Come and join us Apostates my dear. I throw back the sheets and invite you in.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Alice, in your OP you say that in the 1st incident, your elder dad had to step down, which is safe to assume wasn't without inquiry. In the incident reported by your sister clearly the men in suits were aware of what was going on and clearly coerced willing participation of your dad who in turn coerced you. In both cases the organization had knowledge of said incidents and not only refused to act but actively sought to sweep the incident under the carpet. It's clear that this isn't an isolated incident that fell thru the cracks, as many others have and can attest to. It seems logical to conclude that the organization is culpable on some level.

• goman
    goman

alice said "Jehovah's Witnesses as an organization (Watchtower!) that acts as a protective agent toward child neglect, abuse."..... HYPOCRISY IS ALIVE!!!
    TELL that to the J.W. kids in my congregation. There are no members between 16 and 30 in my congregation. Why so? They saw the fire. From elder families to the regular families they left.

As one said, when the house is on fire, get out for you safety. Only one severely blinded by Watchtower could not this truth.

Alice is the incredible J.W. fan. of Watchtower.

Watchtower ignorantly teaches and promotes harmful disfellowshipping, harmful shunning, abuse & injustices, false prophecies, misinterpretation, hypocrisy, harmful gossiping & meddling and many other harmful & hateful things.

Watchtower does not hesitate to crush and harass victims through legal means. Watchtower is using the world to the full, including politics.

You are alone. Watchtower is your false god.

• goman
  • DaCheech
    DaCheech
    But now really put them all away from you,

above is alices quote from her beloved scripture..................

why havent you left, that is how you can put us all away from you?

• StAnn
    StAnn

Okay, I haven't read all of this thread but I do think I should respond to a comment Alice Rachel made:

"What's particularly bothersome here, is it's OK for St Anne to be an active Catholic and defend Pope Ratzinger and at the same time condemn JWs. Nobody seems to notice, much less care. That's bull. If you want to be taken seriously start with some consistency."

Alice Rachel, as you and the rest of the world knows, there has been a massive sexual abuse scandal in the Catholic Church. There are still cases of abuse being uncovered. For a long time, priests were sent to treatment centers and if deemed not likely to reoffend, sent back out into the parishes. This was all done very hush hush and was the wrong approach. Because of the disastrous results, the Catholic Church has taken a public stance wherein it has acknowledged the poor judgment of the Bishops in allowing bad priests to continue to work with children. They now remove anyone from public ministry and take away their access to victims if they have even one case of abuse against them. They make everyone, and I mean everyone, who is going to work with children be fingerprinted and go through a background check. I had to do this just to help out with vacation Bible school. The majority of the sexual abuse was not pedophelia, i.e., priests molesting prepubescent children, but was actually a problem of homosexual priests who were abusing teenaged boys. I believe it was 80% of the abuse cases were actually cases of homosexuals abusing teenage boys. Now men with strong homosexual leanings are not allowed to enter seminary and thus can't become priests. Nuns also were abusers and are being scrutinized just as closely. The names of the disgraced priests are available on the websites for each archdiocese and if an abuser has left the archdiocese, his/her name is put on an alert page in every archdiocese. The Church has established huge multimillion dollar funds to pay for therapy for abuse victims.

The WTS has absolutely no such program in place. No background checks, no fingerprinting, no psychological testing to see if one is fit for ministry, no funds to help pay for therapy for victims of abuse. And most importantly, no public acknowledgement that the WTS even has a sexual abuse problem.

I like Ratzinger (Pope B16) because he has been the most active person in the Vatican, even before becoming Pope, to take charge of the abuse situation. Previously, abuse cases were handled locally by the various archbishops. Ratzinger changed things in 2002 so that all files came to him for review. He was shocked to receive 4,000+ files. He read each and every one of them and was a changed man. He declared that the filth in the Church would be eradicated and he has worked tirelessly to end the abuses.

The Catholic response to abuse in the ranks has been markedly different from the GB response to abuse in the WTS ranks. Thus, I can defend Ratzinger while at the same time condemning Jaracz.

Does that answer your question?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit