My Family

by alice.in.wonderland 209 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

There is no doubt in my mind..

Alice does`nt speak for a 14th Century Catholic,Translation Mistake..

The name Jehovah..LOL!!..

There may be a God.....But.....There is No Jehovah..

http://www.eliyah.com/yhwhdss.html

This is a photo of Psalms 119:59-64 in the Dead Sea Scrolls which are a collection of Hebrew Scriptures that date back 2000 years. Note Yahweh's name in the ancient Hebrew script while the rest of the text is in a more modern Hebrew that was used at the time. Also note that each line begins with the Hebrew letter "Heth" which corresponds with it's part in the acrostical 119th psalm.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

Every time I make the mistake the mistake of clicking on this thread I regret it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Another cut and paste from Alice in GlueLand..Not a word of her own in her entire post,to me..

This is a photo of Psalms 119:59-64 in the Dead Sea Scrolls which are a collection of Hebrew Scriptures that date back 2000 years.
    Note Yahweh's name in the ancient Hebrew script while the rest of the text is in a more modern Hebrew that was used at the time.

Also note that each line begins with the Hebrew letter "Heth" which corresponds with it's part in the acrostical 119th psalm.

There is no name Jehovah on this scroll..Because..

That translation mistake did`nt happen until the 14th century..

So you have proved nothing..

It`s simply one more post from you,that says.. "Look at me!..I`m Stupid!"..

................................. ...OUTLAW

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Alice:

I'm not here to use the shortcomings of one religion as a benediction for another.

And yet, that is exactly what you constantly do!!

Do you understand why everyone is getting frustrated with your lack of debating skills?

• StAnn
    StAnn

I'm with Quillsky. I'm going to go do laundry. That's more interesting than this thread.

• crapola
  • Snoozy
    Snoozy

I wonder if the elders view the offense differently according to the crime. Ranging from inappropriate touching to the actual penetration?

I know that they were told not to report them unless it was the law. Were they remaining neutral until the victim was proved to be telling the truth or of lying..or the person accused was proved to be innocent or guilty was proved of actually doing the crime?Or were they covering up for their own.

They are harming all involved by not reporting each and every case as the authorities have ways to interview the victim to make sure they are telling the truth.

I think both sides here a lot of truth to their claims..it is possible for both to be right you know. (Alice vs the others) Some congregations were more guilty than others. Maybe that is why Alice continues to defend them. I also believe it was something that the JW's tried to keep low key from the other publishers in the congregations..

• its_me!
    its_me!

I cannot help but ask this question. Sorry if I am redundant. While Alice is spewing acidic hate all over this site, has she talked to her local elders about her involvement here? I cannot imagine that they would think that it was a good idea. Associating with known apostates is a major no-no in the Org. Kind of STANKS of hypocrisy.

By the way, my siblings and myself were physically and mentally abused for years by my father. I remember the elders meetings about it, and nothing was ever done. No privileges were ever revoked, and we continued to be abused until we were old enough to get the hell out of the household. I really don't care if Alice wants to believe me or not. I know the truth and I sleep just fine at night. I didn't leave the Org because of it, until I realized just how many innocent children had endured the same situation, if not worse.

• Mary
    Mary

I doubt "Alice" will be back on here, at least not under that name. She has absolutely no interest in "truth" or who was abused as a child---she just doesn't care. I find it incomprehensible that anyone can so caustically dismiss the horror that so many on here lived through. Then again, Sociopaths never feel anything that isn't directed at them so that shouldn't come as any surprise.

It's_me, I'm so sorry to hear of what you went through as a kid. God knows, it's not an isolated case. It makes me wonder if horrible people are attracted to this religion or if the religion makes people into horrible parents.

• its_me!
    its_me!

Thanks Mary, I am making some progress at getting better. School helps a lot. Learning new things and gaining confidence in myself. I am so much better now than I used to be. But I feel such pain for my brother, who has not yet recognized just how much the maltreatment has affected his life. Not only that, but even if he did, I fear he would not know how to overcome it, and it is not something that we EVER talk about. He holds everything inside. Even from his wife. I ache for him, and all others who have had to endure child hood abuse.

I sincerely hope that Alice does not come back. I have good blood pressure, and I would like to keep it that way!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit