My Family

by alice.in.wonderland 209 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I think Alice has been given the BENFIT OF DOUBT.........

Hell I still have a soft spot for her, him, it, whatever........

Bouquet

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

I blamed what to took place on the person who committed the wrong. My Dad became an elder before he met my mother and she unfortunately never told anyone. When the elders responded to my sister, they said that, “if this is what she says it is, this no longer just a congregational matter, we also have to notify the authorities.” My Dad got a good start as one of Jehovah's Witnesses but after lying to the elders I doubted he even was one anymore. None of my other relatives that are witnesses are like that, but then again they weren't physically abused as a youth. There are cause and effect relationships for just about anything. Isolate the circumstances; you'll get a better understanding of others instead of blaming unrelated people.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis
    you'll get a better understanding of others instead of blaming unrelated people.

Seriously what do you mean by that????

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

And aGAIN WITH THE SWITCHING OF THE AVATAR??????

• wasblind
    wasblind

Alice knows she was wrong, by dismissing the claims of others

and yet, if she is not willing to admit that, then she has the problem

not us. Personally, if she gave an apology now i wouldn't except it

because it would be by force and I for one don't want anything that

is not freely given or heart felt.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Alice is so close to seeing the Truth........... it's scary

You know what I mean don't you Alice????

Devil

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I have learned (through the years of ABUSE that I suffered) that the people who are THE MOST JUDGEMENTAL about others suffering - usually (90% of the time) have 'suffered' themselves the same way, and they are either ashamed or angry about the 'suffering' they dealt with, and in return, project those feelings onto OTHERS by judging them and their situations.

Granted I am no longer a victim, but I'll be damned if I read/hear someone ELSES story of abuse and give them point blank and judgemental responses! The way to endear people is to get on THEIR level and have compassion - not judgement. So Alice, I don't know you personally nor do I know whether or not your story is true. But IF it is, then I'm sorry you went through that...but recognize that in place of compassion, YOU now have turned that abusive behavior onto others.

• babygirl30
  • palmtree67
    palmtree67

Well, I have watched to see if Alice will "get it" and issue a real and heartfelt apology.

The complete and utter lack of one speaks volumes for the sincerity of this thread.

• nugget
    nugget

Alice I am sorry for these past painful experiences.

Sometimes people who have suffered deeply find it hard to sympathise with others in a similar situation. It just shows that the healing process isn't as advanced as you may think it is. Your experience shows what a blunt tool the elder arrangement is for dealing with complex issues within the family. These men are not trained social workers or counselors so do not know how to identify the signs of abuse. It should not be strange then that they failed your family and could also make the same mistake in other situations and in other families. I do not blame them since they are taught that they are given divine assistance to help them when in fact they need proper training and practical assistance.

You have my sympathy and I hope that you find peace of mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit