My Family

by alice.in.wonderland 209 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    *** w60 7/15 p. 423 The Gathering Storm of Armageddon ***
    Jehovah, rising up to defend his people, brings terror to the hearts of the wicked. The battle at Armageddon is on! Governments collapse, fiery showers strike the earth, tidal waves, upheavals of earth, cloudbursts, electrical storms, burning missiles all strike down Satan’s visible hordes. In sheer horror, every man’s hand is turned against his neighbor in a frenzied, selfish fight for survival, all in vain; for Jeremiah long ago declared: “And those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be bewailed, neither will they be gathered up or be buried. As manure on the surface of the ground they will become.”—Zech. 14:12, 13; Jer. 25:33.
    The test of time will tell who's "correct." So you think there's nothing in today's world that leads you to believe it has no future?

Remember how it has been brought to your attention before, Alice, that when you are cornered in your lies, you resort to revelling in the deaths of all the "apostates'?

Remember how you denied EVER saying anything like that?

1. The proof is in the post I quoted above, that once again you are a liar.

2. When the "Gathering Storm of Armageddon" hits, where will you be, Alice? Posting on an "apostate" forum, chatting it up with everyone?

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"You pretend to know more about a WBT$ Pedophile court case,than the lawyer involved..

Our fellow board member Kim Norris.."

If you knew anything about legal enterprise you'd know it is very unprofessional to use your professional reputation in a place like this. It doesn't speak in the interests of credibility.

• sherah
    sherah
    AIW - That's not what I did. Name one time when I did

Go back and check posts in these threads responding to St Ann and Lady Lee.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/193986/7/Christendom-vs-Jehovahs-Organization

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/196453/1/Just-talked-to-a-brother-in-the-service-department-and-he-hung-up-on-me

AIW - The people that are attracted to the idea that Jehovah's Witnesses protect pedophiles are many times those that have been disfellowshipped for adultery and other reasons that would love to indict Jehovah's Witnesses of harboring pedophiles because of the mess they've made of their own life and/or family.

Again placing blame the pedo problem on ex-dubs instead of WT policy.

AIW - Jehovah's Witnesses don't tolerate sexual immorality but they tolerate sexual assault?

The same policy that allows WT to DF those who break their rules on sexual morality is the very same rule that allows molestors to proliferate within the congregation - the two witness rule.

• StAnn
    StAnn

I am really, really offended by the turn this thread has taken. I think Dr. Seuss's writings are actually very complex. Do you really think you could have written Green Eggs and Ham and written an entire story with access to only 50 words?

Don't diss Dr. Seuss. He was a master at what he did.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Remember how it has been brought to your attention before, Alice, that when you are cornered in your lies, you resort to revelling in the deaths of all the "apostates'?

Remember how you denied EVER saying anything like that?

1. The proof is in the post I quoted above, that once again you are a liar.

2. When the "Gathering Storm of Armageddon" hits, where will you be, Alice? Posting on an "apostate" forum, chatting it up with everyone?"

Whatever my situation is, I can do better than initiating profanity and hate-speech. If what I say is boring; move on. If it's incorrect, people would correct it. If I'm right and there's nothing that can prove otherwise; cuss the person out and assail them with hate-speech? Back track and reflect on how the conversation broke down. That's exactly what happened.

But now really put them all away from you, wrath, anger, badness, abusive speech, and obscene talk out of your mouth. Do not be lying to one another. Strip off the old personality with its practices, and clothe yourselves with the new [personality], which through accurate knowledge is being made new according to the image of the One who created it, Colossians 3:8-11

g03 6/8 p. 19 Avoid Speech That Injures

Obscene language is not a modern phenomenon. Would it surprise you to learn that people used obscene speech in the days of the apostles, nearly 2,000 years ago? For example, it appears that some in the Colossian congregation used obscenities when angered. They may have done so to attack or hurt others intentionally, perhaps in retaliation. Likewise, many people today use obscene speech in outbursts of anger. Hence, Paul’s letter to the Colossians is relevant in our day. Paul wrote: “Put them all away from you, wrath, anger, badness, abusive speech, and obscene talk out of your mouth.” (Colossians 3:8) Clearly, Christians are admonished to avoid outbursts of anger and the obscene language that so often go hand in hand with anger.

I refuse to stoop to their level and cuss them out back, but I can reflect on the God's pronouncements toward the wicked. Mary says she believes in God. According to God's Word, Jehovah doesn't believe in her. She's the one cooking her goose. I have nothing to do with Jehovah's viewpoint of the human race.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    It should be obvious that if the plaintiffs had a strong case against the legal organization in use by JWs, their attorneys would have advised them to not settle and continue their prosecution. If this person really did serve as a prosecuting attorney and there was real evidence of negligence on the part of the of organization, why didn't this attorney pursue a guilty verdict?

Ignorance, Alice, utter ignorance!

First, there are very good reasons why such a case would be settled before trial. In abuse cases, the emotional stress on the victim and witnesses is a huge concern: getting a negotiated settlement brings closer sooner, and spares them the agony of re-living the events on a witness stand. Going to trial is a very expensive proposition, and involves risk of a procedural error, loss of witnesses to illness or accidents, and the likelihood of going through the ordeal many times before appeals are exhausted. For these reasons, among many others, an attorney would be acting unethically by insisting on going to trial when a bona fide settlement offer is on the table.

Second, let's put the shoe on the other foot: why would "the legal organization in use by JWs " offer or agree to a settlement? By your logic, they did no wrong and should have pressed forward to vindication in court and defended their reputation. After all, there must be no reproach braought on the organization! If they knew the plaintiff was lying, they would press on to show the whole world the charges are false!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    If you knew anything about legal enterprise you'd know it is very unprofessional to use your professional
    reputation in a place like this. It doesn't speak in the interests of credibility.....Alice in Glueland

You were provided with the Best Information possible..

Now you complain because it came from someone,with actual knowledge of WBT$ Pedophile Court Case??..

Your an Idiot!!..

................................. ...OUTLAW

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Alice said about Mary:

Jehovah doesn't believe in her

Really???

You speak for Jehovah do you???

You better be careful there, little girl, you are walking on thin ice by claiming to speak for the Sovreign of the Universe.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There is no doubt in my mind..

Alice does`nt speak for a 14th Century Catholic,Translation Mistake..

The name Jehovah..LOL!!..

There may be a God.....But.....There is No Jehovah..

................................. ...OUTLAW

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Ignorance, Alice, utter ignorance!

First, there are very good reasons why such a case would be settled before trial. In abuse cases, the emotional stress on the victim and witnesses is a huge concern: getting a negotiated settlement brings closer sooner, and spares them the agony of re-living the events on a witness stand. Going to trial is a very expensive proposition, and involves risk of a procedural error, loss of witnesses to illness or accidents, and the likelihood of going through the ordeal many times before appeals are exhausted. For these reasons, among many others, an attorney would be acting unethically by insisting on going to trial when a bona fide settlement offer is on the table.

Second, let's put the shoe on the other foot: why would "the legal organization in use by JWs" offer or agree to a settlement? By your logic, they did no wrong and should have pressed forward to vindication in court and defended their reputation. After all, there must be no reproach brought on the organization! If they knew the plaintiff was lying, they would press on to show the whole world the charges are false!"

GLTirebiter, if you are Catholic, I appreciate your logical defense of Catholicism. I'm not here to use the shortcomings of one religion as a benediction for another. I relayed my own experience and the underlying problems behind my father's behavior. The scars of adolescent physical abuse from an abusive parent carried on into this person's adult life. I stated earlier that in thirty years, I've only known of one person in a Christian congregation that sexually abused his children. He was incarcerated and CPS allowed his children to be placed as foster children in our congregation.

In 1994 I was disfellowshipped. I personally knew the elders that made this decision about me for many years. Thinking back, considering the accusations toward Jehovah's Witnesses since then, I know for an absolute certainty, I would not have received a free pass if I sexually assaulted a child. Jehovah's Witnesses don't have to protect abusers for others to make a their case for disagreeing with their teachings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit