My Family

by alice.in.wonderland 209 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Mary
    Mary
    AIW said: So you acknowledge that I told the truth about something in my family, but at the same time I lie.

What I pointed out Alice is the root reason as to why you lie so much on this board. Your statements about what your father did provides a plausible reason for your bizarre behaviour on here.

Your accusation(s) are utterly false and to top off you pathologically lie without any underlying reason so there's evidently something much worse involved.

And your reaction is exactly as I expected.

If you really believed I was in a cult, you wouldn't include the hate speech anymore than if I was a Scientologist or a Mormon.

Hate speech? What I wrote is not 'hate speech' Alice, it's a simple observation as to why you act the way you do. Scientology and Mormonism has nothing to do with it. This is yet another attempt by you to divert away from the issue at hand.

I think you know your closed mind and hateful attitude towards Jehovah's Witnesses is completely uncalled for so there's no professional or anyone else that can help those that reject God's Kingdom and revile Jehovah's name. Your diseased, ulcerous condition is laid bare.

Because Alice probably realizes that my initial post is pretty much spot on, she does exactly what I expected her to do: She accuses me of being a pathological liar, closed minded and that I'm the one who needs "professional" help, not her. Once again, this is typical when it comes to dealing with someone who cannot tell truth from lies and who has mental and/or emotional problems: they simply try playing the "I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I?" nonsense.

Alice, you're not fooling anyone on here except yourself. You have exposed yourself for what you truly are and it's not a very flattering picture. Like I said before, perhaps you need to spend more time getting professional help rather than spending your days on a board where you are viewed as nothing but a pathetic joke.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Alice Rachel, there are two points I want to make.

1. As much as you revile the Catholic Church for its sexual abuse problems, at least they don't have a "two witness" rule. If they did, almost none of the claims of abuse could be validated. And given your standard for judging whether or not accusations against the WTS are true, you could apply that same standard to other churches, including my own, and say that none of the accusations are true, rather, they are just attacks by people with an agenda. You can't have it both ways.

2. I do not reject God's Kingdom nor do I revile Jehovah's name. Jehovah is the name of the Trinity and I am awestruck by it. Also, I'm a full believer in the Kingdom of God and believe that, among other things, the Kingdom of God is within me. You are confusing the rejection of the Governing Body and the WatchTower Society with a rejection of Jehovah and God's Kingdom. For those of us who have become Christians since leaving the WTS, that is simply not the case.

I remember once when my son visited a Lutheran church with a classmate. He was shocked to hear the name Jehovah being spoken from the pulpit. He had always been told that only JWs used Jehovah's name. That is a falsehood and perhaps you aren't aware of that.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Right on StAnn

I never join in on a fight with Alice, Rachel or what were it her or him is called but I love your reasoning StAnn. You are so right about other religions, I went to a funeral at a Presbyterian church and I was looking in their song book I turned to the J's and there was a song called Jehovah is God's name. I was so totally blown away. Oh and the people at the church were so kind came up to me and made sure I felt welcomed with coffee cookies after the funeral. Yet when my mother-in-law died last year and we had to travel 12 hours to get to the memorial not one JW's offered us even just a cup of coffee. What a contrast in love.

And yes StAnn you are right on about the Catholic Church. I have made friends with many Catholic's since learning the truth about the "truth" they are lovely people, kind, helpful, go out of their way to do anything for you. Like when my husband had his heart attack and the PO's wife said to me "what do you want me to do I have to go out in service" she never came or called me and my husband was also an active elder at the time. If I called one of my Catholic friends now they would drop everything to be with me. What a difference.

Oh and do not even get me started about the child abuse issue. Everything you have said about the difference with JW's and the Catholic Church is spot on.

Also ask any Catholic if they preach that they hate about JW's that we are taught they do and all the Catholic's I know are hurt by it they said that they never have heard or said a bad word about JW's and are baffled by what I have told them is said in the KH's.

Alice, Rachel or what ever the name of it is is so unbelievably mean and hurtful. I know your pain for abuse StAnn in the "truth" as I have lived it myself being abuse by child rapists myself.

Thank you for standing up for the Catholic's and what you wrote, your spot on.

LITS

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    In many U.S. states and Australia, mandated reporters are professionals

That statement is true, in fact it under-emphasizes the present legal climate in the US. Every US state, every US territory and the District of Columbia have mandatory reporting laws (link to US Dep't of Health and Human Services). Alice's home state (Texas) has a particularly strong reporting law: any person having cause to believe abuse has occurred has a duty to report it. Per the Family Code section 261.101 (link to Texas state legislature, emphasis in quotations is mine):

"PERSONS REQUIRED TO REPORT; TIME TO REPORT. (a) A person having cause to believe that a child's physical or mental health or welfare has been adversely affected by abuse or neglect by any person shall immediately make a report as provided by this subchapter."

Professionals are singled out, with additional requirements applying to them:

"(b) If a professional has cause to believe that a child has been abused or neglected or may be abused or neglected, or that a child is a victim of an offense under Section 21.11, Penal Code, and the professional has cause to believe that the child has been abused as defined by Section 261.001 or 261.401, the professional shall make a report not later than the 48th hour after the hour the professional first suspects that the child has been or may be abused or neglected or is a victim of an offense under Section 21.11, Penal Code. A professional may not delegate to or rely on another person to make the report..." [excluded a long list defining who is a "professional"]

There is no exemption for clergy-penitent, attorney-client, or doctor-patient privileges in Texas:

"(c) The requirement to report under this section applies without exception to an individual whose personal communications may otherwise be privileged, including an attorney, a member of the clergy, a medical practitioner, a social worker, a mental health professional, and an employee of a clinic or health care facility that provides reproductive services."

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Because Alice probably realizes that my initial post is pretty much spot on, she does exactly what I expected her to do: She accuses me of being a pathological liar, closed minded and that I'm the one who needs "professional" help, not her. Once again, this is typical when it comes to dealing with someone who cannot tell truth from lies and who has mental and/or emotional problems: they simply try playing the "I-know-you-are-but-what-am-I?" nonsense.

Alice, you're not fooling anyone on here except yourself. You have exposed yourself for what you truly are and it's not a very flattering picture. Like I said before, perhaps you need to spend more time getting professional help rather than spending your days on a board where you are viewed as nothing but a pathetic joke."

What you think is immaterial to me for a very simple reason. Yes, you can write off Jehovah's Witnesses as a man-made institution but there's also the other side of the coin to consider: rejecting the only true God and is inspired word. If you fit the Bible's description of wickedness it gives one reason for pause. If someone were to say, I fit the Bible's description of wickedness, there may be some things I need to work on. The difference is your complete and utter rejection of Jehovah's Witnesses. Is this based on exploiting the mistakes and imperfections of others, or because they don't teach the truth about Jehovah? You have yet to identify what the “truth” about reality is as indicated by one of your posts I brought to your attention sometime back. You should get a handle on reality and accurately define it first, and radically condemn second, otherwise you just come across as a hard-hearted vixen to anyone open-minded and objective.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

What the hell did he/she/it mean by this?

Ok StAnn, statement has been entered into the database for processing.
  • Mary
    Mary
    AIW said: Yes, you can write off Jehovah's Witnesses as a man-made institution but there's also the other side of the coin to consider: rejecting the only true God and is inspired word. If you fit the Bible's description of wickedness it gives one reason for pause. If someone were to say, I fit the Bible's description of wickedness, there may be some things I need to work on. The difference is your complete and utter rejection of Jehovah's Witnesses. Is this based on exploiting the mistakes and imperfections of others, or because they don't teach the truth about Jehovah? You have yet to identify what the "truth" about reality is as indicated by one of your posts I brought to your attention sometime back. You should get a handle on reality and accurately define it first, and radically condemn second, otherwise you just come across as a hard-hearted vixen to anyone open-minded and objective.

Alice's above rant is further evidence that she is suffering from either being a pathological liar, or has a severe mental and/or emotional disorder. She goes off on tangents about me 'rejecting Jehovah's Witnesses' along with her other nonsensical jibberish, and completely ignores the fact that her JW father taught her when she was very young to ignore abuse and just say it never happened.

Alice, I truly hope you get some professional help.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

* shakes head in disgust at the OP *

Loz x

• StAnn
    StAnn

I find it interesting that Alice Rachel absolutely, positively never responds to my posts and never tries to engage me in debate. Am I wrong in thinking that she's asking a question to which she wants answers?

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Yep St Ann I believe you are...

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit