2nd video on 1919 Watchtower's Wacky Chronology

by Awakened at Gilead 116 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2
    "Jehovah thru jesus appointed a faithful slave class where a central governing body emerged. That? group that took the lead in managing the sheep in their care and was simply POINTING to these dates as markers in time so as to point out where prominent events would happen. There is no need for 1919 to have any Biblical mention or 1914. In fact Revelation mentions no dates and JWs use the dates for what they are MEANT to be used for mainly to point out some significant event. .. :)"

AaG, that was almost exactly word for word what one of my relatives told me a few years ago. There must have been a TMS training program on how to handle questions about dates and prophecies. It's amazing how some of the JWs seem to be able to parrot certain statements as if they had been brainwashed like Malcolm McDowell in "Clockwork Orange." I wonder if they will blink if you pass your hand across their face when they say something like this.

It seems that they don't understand that they have been taught to lie, not only to others, but also to themselves. How does one turn off the inborn impulses that occur when someone tells an obvious lie?

I'd love to see the TV program on Fox, "Lie to Me," have an episode where a couple of JWs come to Tim Roth's home and try to pull this bullcrap on him. Might make for interesting viewing for once...

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The clear and unmistakable fact is the WTS/JWS has in the past kept an internal congregational situation of pedophilia

out and away from the legal authorities of the land, intensionally handling the situation singularly within each congregation.

( similarly as the Catholic religion as done )

This unfortunate procedure was at fault for it lend to individuals to re-offend and create other victims of abuse, even is that individual

was DFed from the congregation. This is what the whole conundrum is all about and rightly so.

Look at it this way AIW if you had a young child a boy or girl who for some reason got in contact with a DFed or DAed JW

and that individual sexual molested your child, wouldn't you be upset and disgusted that no one made it apparent to the proper authorities.

Instead of that person being incarnated behind bars and put under psychological analysis so to protect the community for which he or she was living.

Unless your morally corrupt beyond any sensibility, you would be emotionally distraught as well.

Unlike many of the social moral standards laid down by the ancient Israelites of old such as fornication and adultery,

pedophilia (sexual abuse of children ) is a grievous crime in most modern civilized countries IT IS NOT JUST ANOTHER SIMPLE IDENTIFIABLE SIN.

GET NOW AIW !

If you cant rationalize this AIW you truly are fucked in the head in the worst of ways.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"The clear and unmistakable fact is the WTS/JWS has in the past kept an internal congregational situation of pedophilia

out and away from the legal authorities of the land, intensionally handling the situation singularly within each congregation.

( similarly as the Catholic religion as done )

This unfortunate procedure was at fault for it lend to individuals to re-offend and create other victims of abuse, even is that individual

was DFed from the congregation. This is what the whole conundrum is all about and rightly so.

Look at it this way AIW if you had a young child a boy or girl who for some reason got in contact with a DFed or DAed JW

and that individual sexual molested your child, wouldn't you be upset and disgusted that no one made it apparent to the proper authorities.

Instead of that person being incarnated behind bars and put under psychological analysis so to protect the community for which he or she was living.

Unless your morally corrupt beyond any sensibility, you would be emotionally distraught as well.

Unlike many of the social moral standards laid down by the ancient Israelites of old such as fornication and adultery,

pedophilia (sexual abuse of children ) is a grievous crime in most modern civilized countries IT IS NOT JUST ANOTHER SIMPLE IDENTIFIABLE SIN.

GET NOW AIW !

If you cant rationalize this AIW you truly are fucked in the head in the worst of ways."

There may have been an indecent where a matter has been mishandled.

http://thirdwitness.com/childabuse/Stories.html

But by the same token there is no doubt that the numbers are greatly exaggerated by the Silentlambs group because they apparently have a goal that is not readily seen by the ones who do not want to see it. Their statements and writings are misleading and twisted.

There is no logical or reasonable explanation why the Watchtower Society would want molesters to be in the organization or be servants in the organization. They are simply trying to follow Bible principles in the policy they have in place. It is not sinister. It is not a cover up to try to show we have a spiritual paradise. If that was the case, why not cover up fornication as well. There are far more fornicators than child molesters. Why not keep fornication hush hush to give the appearance of an organization that lives in a perfect spiritual paradise with no wrongdoing whatsoever. It makes no sense. It is illogical. And it is nonfactual. There was an incident I was exposed to in the 1990's and the elders handled it very well. The father was incarcerated and the children were placed in the congregation.

In the Catholic Church it's a lose, lose situation as it is with any organization where the abuse takes place on their turf by their officials while children are in their custody. It's either cover it up or get sued and suffer bad publicity. Is the Catholic Church or any other organization ever blamed for abuse that goes on somewhere else? Just because a person tells someone about abuse does not automatically make them involved unless it's a child. This is something people opposed to Jehovah's Witnesses can't seem to wrap their mind around because they're not interested in facts or truth. How could they be considering their agenda? You should probably read the Humanist Manifesto because that's not who you are. You're not a secular humanist if you've abandoned reason for madness.

http://www.americanhumanist.org/Who_We_Are/About_Humanism/Humanist_Manifesto_I

Humanist Manifesto I

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

So, your position is that:

If a man molests his children or someone else's children in a Kingdom Hall, only then is the Society responsible for keeping the congregation safe?

If a man molests children at a home or anywhere else, the Society is not responsible to make sure he is not put in a position where he can molest again?

You don't think that the Society has a responsibility to keep that man from molesting others, since he molested in a private home and not in a Kingdom Hall?

How does where the molestation happened, matter?

Alice, I fear greatly for your child.

If a brother molested your child in a private home, you would not feel the need to make the congregation aware that there was a molestor in their midst? But if it happened at the Kingdom Hall, then you would take action?

You are one sick, demented person. Your sick position on this makes me physically ill.

Sorry, Awakened for continuing to take this off-topic. I cannot let this sicko continue to say that where a child is molested, makes the difference in keeping the congregation's other children safe.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Thanks AIW for keeping this thread alive, but totally off topic

Regarding your supposed lie told by Bowen, it is in fact quite accurate. I have been called Satan by my JW relatives, told that I am attacking Jehovah, a worshipper of Satan, etc. your head is in your ass, apparently, and can't notice that that is how exJWs who expose the lies in the WT are treated.

Getting back to the subject (1919), thanks for your comments. I have 2 more vids to go to deconstruct the WT 1919 mythology. Incredibly, there are JWs still defending the WT, such as this commenter:

"Jehovah thru jesus appointed a faithful slave class where a central governing body emerged. That? group that took the lead in managing the sheep in their care and was simply POINTING to these dates as markers in time so as to point out where prominent events would happen. There is no need for 1919 to have any Biblical mention or 1914. In fact Revelation mentions no dates and JWs use the dates for what they are MEANT to be used for mainly to point out some significant event. .. :)"

It seems that JWs will go to any lengths to protect the beliefs that the WT tells them that they have."

If you back track I didn't initially throw the thead topic off track, I just respond to what others say to me.

The book of Revelation is written using illustrations and symbolic language. There's a need for some individuals to understand exactly what it means.

re chap. 2 p. 9 The Grand Theme of the Bible

Interpreting the Scriptures The mysteries locked up in the book of Revelation have for long baffled sincere students of the Bible. In God’s due time, those secrets had to be unlocked, but how, when, and to whom? Only God’s spirit could make known the meaning as the appointed time drew near. (Revelation 1:3) Those sacred secrets would be revealed to God’s zealous slaves on earth so that they would be strengthened to make known his judgments. (Matthew 13:10, 11) It is not claimed that the explanations in this publication are infallible. Like Joseph of old, we say: “Do not interpretations belong to God?” (Genesis 40:8) At the same time, however, we firmly believe that the explanations set forth herein harmonize with the Bible in its entirety, showing how remarkably divine prophecy has been fulfilled in the world events of our catastrophic times.

So the disciples came up and said to him: “Why is it you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the kingdom of the heavens, but to those people it is not granted. For whoever has, more will be given him and he will be made to abound; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him. This is why I speak to them by the use of illustrations, because, looking, they look in vain, and hearing, they hear in vain, neither do they get the sense of it; and toward them the prophecy of Isaiah is having fulfillment, which says, ‘By hearing, you will hear but by no means get the sense of it; and, looking, you will look but by no means see. Matthew 13:10-14

Notice it clearly states the explanations in this publication are not infallible. I've never observed any explanations that are as clear and concise as what's published by Jehovah's Witnesses as to how the illustrations and symbolic language parallels with the twentieth century. I don't discredit the grand theme of the Bible on the slightest inaccuracies published while interpreting what's in the Bible.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

“So, your position is that:

If a man molests his children or someone else's children in a Kingdom Hall, only then is the Society responsible for keeping the congregation safe?

If a man molests children at a home or anywhere else, the Society is not responsible to make sure he is not put in a position where he can molest again?

You don't think that the Society has a responsibility to keep that man from molesting others, since he molested in a private home and not in a Kingdom Hall?
    How does where the molestation happened, matter?

Alice, I fear greatly for your child.

If a brother molested your child in a private home, you would not feel the need to make the congregation aware that there was a molester in their midst? But if it happened at the Kingdom Hall, then you would take action?

You are one sick, demented person. Your sick position on this makes me physically ill.

Sorry, Awakened for continuing to take this off-topic. I cannot let this sicko continue to say that where a child is molested, makes the difference in keeping the congregation's other children safe.”

I already stated: There was an incident I was exposed to in the 1990's and the elders handled it very well. The father was incarcerated and the children were placed in the congregation.

The reason this was found out about is because his wife told the elders. It was actually the elders that contacted CPS after the children were questioned.

If there's substantial evidence there's a pedophile in the congregation it's a common sense choice to get involved. Quit twisting up what I say. Kingdom Halls are public. If a pedophile happens to get involved with the congregation it can be horrible to deal with this type of thing. It is sick and demented for you to use a scenario where a mistake is made as a weapon against innocent people.

• yknot
    yknot

Here is your sign Rachel....

BACK ON TOPIC

Lance it is just wonderful to see you doing these videos again!

I appreciate you checking up on JWsince95 too

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    It is sick and demented for you to use a scenario where a mistake is made as a weapon against innocent people.

I have no clue what you're talking about. I gave no scenario. I gave no examples. You are the one who keeps harping that unless abuse happens in a K-Hall, there is no responsiblilty to protect.

What is sick and demented is that you cite ONE example that you know of that was handled well (and we are supposed to believe you and accept it as fact), while you call everyone else LIARS, and accept none of the examples from anyone else here.

What a double standard!!

"Hey everyone has to believe everything I say, but I don't have to accept anything you have to say."

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

alices post on: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/195628/1/Why-People-Believe-Invisible-Agents-Control-the-World

When I first started participating on this website I at times copied from the Watchtower CD without citing the source, simply because I didn't want people to know I was one of Jehovah's Witnesses. They all know my religion now.

you are a liar, and you have balls calling bill bowen a liar

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experiences/195377/7/Worldly-Shunning

I'm not whoever "Raniia," "Reniaa" is.

you are reniaa, I will expose you and all your lies, your trickery will not work on me.

you will not destroy our friendship and community on this board!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit