2nd video on 1919 Watchtower's Wacky Chronology

by Awakened at Gilead 116 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Which version of the re book are you quoting AIW?

Is it the one with the "revisions" that contradict the earlier edition?

Things that are attributed to God, are changed to Jesus (and vice versa) The contradiction of who is the "alpha and omega"? Printed in different parts of the same book.(backed up by a series of WT where it wobbles back and forth depending on what they are trying to prove at the time)

They are evidently so confused as to who Jesus is that I would not risk following eight old fools in New York and kid myself I was following Jesus.

Really - Yes they are meticulous about Bible prophecy, so much so thay have to keep changing their tune on it.

Lastly - God knows you are on this website, and she is real mad at you.

HB

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

They change their doctrines over time as each one becomes an embarrassment to them.

Good point Hamsterbait, this has become even more of an importance since the introduction of the inter-net

and the information hi-way.

Dates what dates , we never said that.

What we have here is AIW trying to cover over the deceiving commercialized lies that the WTS.

has barfed out from its own inception, equally disingenuous as the WTS itself.

Hey thats religion folks, join us in are lies and corruption or get the hell out , we've got books to sell

and distribute.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Alice -

The Witchtower applied all these scriptures to the world situation in the late 19th century.

They said Armageddon would come before 1914, that the millennium would begin in 1914 (hence : "The World Has Ended. The Golden Age has begun. Millions now living will never die." This means what it says it is a FACT" 1922 Cedar Point convention.)

They change their doctrines over time as each one becomes an embarrassment to them.

The downplaying of dates is a relatively recent thing, and is largely because people are seeing what they said about dates, and showing them up.

Just as they are now claiming they never said anything about 1975 they will soon claim they never put great store by dates.

Remember that all the stuff you spouted above can be changed at the stroke of a pen, and you will have to learn another pile of meat in due season.

HB"

The “faithful and discreet slave” published the following in clear language in 1968.

w68 8/15 p. 494 Why Are You Looking Forward to 1975?

WHAT about all this talk concerning the year 1975? Lively discussions, some based on speculation, have burst into flame during recent months among serious students of the Bible. Their interest has been kindled by the belief that 1975 will mark the end of 6,000 years of human history since Adam’s creation. The nearness of such an important date indeed fires the imagination and presents unlimited possibilities for discussion.

But wait! How do we know their calculations are correct? What basis is there for saying Adam was created nearly 5,993 years ago? Does the one Book that can be implicitly trusted for its truthful historical accuracy, namely, the Inspired Word of Jehovah, the Holy Bible, give support and credence to such a conclusion?

One thing is absolutely certain, Bible chronology reinforced with fulfilled Bible prophecy shows that six thousand years of man’s existence will soon be up, yes, within this generation! (Matt. 24:34) This is, therefore, no time to be indifferent and complacent. This is not the time to be toying with the words of Jesus that “concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Matt. 24:36) To the contrary, it is a time when one should be keenly aware that the end of this system of things is rapidly coming to its violent end. Make no mistake, it is sufficient that the Father himself knows both the “day and hour”!

There's never been any refinements to doctrinal truths or prophecy to be embarrassed about. You may want to consider the world Charles Taze Russel was living in when Jehovah's Organization began developing in the latter part of 19th century. There was Christendom's churches and religions that branched off from mainstream Christianity that for the most part carried the same theme as their counterpart...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seventh-day_Adventist_Church

Much of the theology of the Seventh-day Adventist Church corresponds to Protestant Christian teachings such as the Trinity and the infallibility of Scripture.

...and other religious movements during that time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theosophy

Theosophy is a doctrine of religious philosophy and mysticism. Theosophy holds that all religions are attempts by the "Spiritual Hierarchy" to help humanity in evolving to greater perfection, and that each religion therefore has a portion of the truth. The founding members, Helena Petrovna Blavatsky (1831–1891), Henry Steel Olcott (1832–1907), and William Quan Judge (1851–1896), established the Theosophical Society in New York City in 1875.

Charles Taze Russel and his contemporaries drew on the only ideas in the world around them before the early Bible students established universal truth. Critics of Jehovah's Witnesses often analyze the early development of Jehovah's Witnesses under a microscope without looking at the big picture. You will not receive a medal if you discover a clerical error. There's not worldview (comprehensive view of existence) that even makes any sense outside of the truth about what the Bible teaches, nor is there any real evidence that supports alternate views of reality.

If you think you have the right viewpoint you should start your own little church or organization. In all honesty, I would call the new movement “mass confusion” as people here believe so many different things, yet they only criticize Jehovah's Witnesses.

• agonus
    agonus

"these claims are only made by ex-Jehovah's Witnesses unlike the secular sources"

Alice, did you ever get around to doing a search on Ted Jaracz in YouTube as I suggested?

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Alice, did you ever get around to doing a search on Ted Jaracz in YouTube as I suggested?"

I'll take a look at anything from a credible media outlet.

• agonus
    agonus

It's BBC Panorama. I'd say that's fairly credible...

• agonus
    agonus

The documentary is called "Suffer the Little Children" if I'm not mistaken. I seriously doubt the producers and anchor/narrator are ex-JWs.

• agonus
    agonus

Here, dear. I've saved you the trouble:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt77sasulMY

Jaracz uses a classic diversionary tactic. Notice he does not deny that such a database exists. You must ask yourself: Is this a man more concerned with protecting children or protecting the reputation of his sacred Organization and the men (like himself) whose sole purpose in life it is to do so?

• donny
    donny

Here is some info about the GKS and their belief that Jeus returned in 1914.

http://www.mountaingks.org/10fundamentals/index2.html#returns

• agonus
    agonus

Holy cow, the GKS is a bunch of Nigerians. Pastor Russell would be dumbfounded...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit