2nd video on 1919 Watchtower's Wacky Chronology

by Awakened at Gilead 116 Replies latest watchtower bible

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

This documentary was cited as controversial probably because of a lack of journalistic integrity and it also involved Bill Bowen, a known liar.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/question_time/2134552.stm

Her first film was a controversial one - an investigation into the way Jehovah's Witnesses deal with allegations of child abuse - was broadcast in July.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/audio_video/programmes/panorama/transcripts/transcript_14_07_02.txt

The first example was some sick family, a teenager that says her Dad raped her in their home for three years until she was 16. She didn't say at what age she informed the elders of the abuse, but she did say, she didn't alert the authorities until she was 18.

Organizations are liable if the abuse takes place in facilities operated by an organization or by officials employed by an organization, like vocational priests in a Catholic school or a Cathedral for example. There was even a cover-up in the American Boyscouts after parents entrusted their children to this organization outside of their supervision. When it comes to these things that take place in some remote location, like someone's home, the elder's involvement from a legal standpoint is conditional.

That is why the police said the Kingdom Hall in Stevenston is not the subject of any investigation in the Alison Cousins case. Who knows what really happened by word of mouth between this family and the elders, but one thing is for certain, is the elders are not the legal authorities. They can't do anything except relay the information to the authorities. If the person telling the elders cannot do this themselves, there's obviously something wrong (unless it's a child). If this person didn't go to the authorities until the age of 18, would she even had stuck to her story if the elders contacted CPS? It's truly a shame that the elders even have to deal with this kind of crap.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Lack of Jouralistic integrity?????????

What planet do live on alice?

The BBC are probably the best news broadcaster in the world.

The same allegations were made by dateline. Asa an ex elder I know how protecting the name of the WTS is definitely put before the safety of children.

You really need to stop coming on here and talking sh+t.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Also could someone enlighten me as to how Bill Bowen is a "known liar"? I was not aware of any evidence of this.

• agonus
    agonus

Alice, I'll ask again one last time, then I'll shut the hell up once and for all:

What is your personal reaction to Jaracz's response to the interviewer?

Go in peace.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Lack of Jouralistic integrity?????????

What planet do live on alice?

The BBC are probably the best news broadcaster in the world.

The same allegations were made by dateline. Asa an ex elder I know how protecting the name of the WTS is definitely put before the safety of children.

You really need to stop coming on here and talking sh+t."

I'm quoting BBC's words and I'm not here to stir up trouble. I could percieve every other post here as talking sh+t for slamming my religion. If you can't engage in an honest debate, how is that my problem?

• cantleave
    cantleave

If you have ever seen the pressure kids are put under by elders and their parents it is hardly surprising many say nothing.

A kid brought up in the scumbag organisation will be impressionable enough to believe that "jehovah" is real and has feelings and will eaxct judgement on those who hurt him. The elders play on this fear. This is the conversation.

"little girl you wouldn't want to hurt Jehovah would you?"

"Do you think Jehovah would be hurt if people thought bad things about the congregation?"

"Yes he would"

"So if you went to the police, which you do have the right to do, do you think you think people will think good things about the congregation, or bad things?"

"Ummm Bad things"

"that's right, they would think bad things. What do you think Jehovah would think of you? Do you think he would think you were loyal or disloyal?"

"Disloyal"

" So are you going to tell the police or let Jehovah's policemen , the elders deal with it Jehovah's way?"

"Let the elders deal with it"

"That's good, we think Jehovah will bless you"

When "little girl" gets to 18 she realise that she made a mistake, has lived with years of guilt unnecessarily and is called a liar for relating the story.

BTW - I know this scenario happens, because it happened to a family member when she was raped by a Brother.

So Alice, as I said before, stop spouting crap. There are many on here who had been in leadership roles in the organisation and actually know what we are talking about.

We don't need to cut and paste, out of context to make our arguments. Wake up girl and small the coffee, you are defending a cult which has no redeeming features at all.

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

Alice in wonderland ; what kind of CRACK ARE YOU SMOKING? ALL i HAD TO READ WAs your first post on this thread. you posted nothing but wt lies, printed by the wts. FIRST IN 1918 THEY SAID THE KINgDOm WAS SET UP WITH JESUS IN THE THRONE IN 1874- 1878 using the same bull crap 3 1/2 year line of shit, the wts was never shut down by the U.S. GOV'T and they never stopped printing wt's in 1918 in 1918 they printed for jw's to buy war bonds june 1918 wt, jehovah built the pyramids. eating grapes cure cancer, there is no such thing as RABIES, ERMS TO CAUSE DESEASE/SICKNESS, BLACK PEOPLE WILL BECOME WHITE, THE TIME OF THE END STARTED IN 1799, JESUS RETURNED IN 1874 AND CHOSE chucky chees russell. the creation of the typewriter is and telegraph is proof that the ten virgins was for fulled in the year 1844. the list of wt GARBAGE goes on for 1000's of pages that the wts lies about today... alice pass me the CRACK PIPE YOUR SMOKING. EITHER YOUR A DOPE, OR YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT THE WT AND 1919.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

“What is your personal reaction to Jaracz's response to the interviewer?”

He was asked about a database that contains the name of alleged abusers.

POWYS: Mr Jaracz, tell me about the database. How do you justify keeping a list of people, men in some cases who have confessed to paedophilia, but you have not reported them to the authority. What justification is there for you to keep that list?

Jaracz: You know, you're from Britain. You have a privacy law. You have a directive from the European Union. You observe that, don't you?

POWYS: So when allegations of abuse are made, is it alright to keep them private?

Jaracz: I think you were answered. That question was answered strictly to your satisfaction.

http://thirdwitness.com/childabuse/Database.html

You have been told that here in the United States we have compiled a list of 23,720 names of child abusers. That is false. First of all, the total number of names in our records is considerably lower than that. In addition, it is not meaningful to focus on the number of names we have in our records. This is because our figures include the names of many persons who have only been accused of child abuse whereas the charges have not been substantiated.

The purpose for the database, is that if an allegation is made against a person, it's on record. That way if the person is accused of the same thing again, action will be taken. The two witnesses rule isn't just a “Bible rule,” it protects people from slander. If there is only one witness, and the witness is a child that is being abused, things change.

If Only One Witness

Face to Face

The same thing apples in secular courts.

Regarding this statement:

POWYS: Can you answer it now?

Jaracz: I'm not going to repeat. I'll just tell you exactly and you will see it in writing. It's all in print. You know the Bible says "Do not go beyond the things that are written." We don't go beyond the things that are written.

Now, brothers, these things I have transferred so as to apply to myself and A?pol′los for your good, that in our case you may learn the [rule]: “Do not go beyond the things that are written. 1 Corinthians 4:6

This leaves the door open to many different options when seeking justice.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

You all will never be able to reason with Alice.

She has stated repeatedly that EVERYONE who has made allegations of abuse in the organization are liars. She believes that abuse has only ever taken place within the Catholic Church.

When she can't explain the evidence presented to her, she cries, "Not a credible source!!" and "Liar!! Liar!!"

Also, she is very mentally ill, by her own admission.

• judge rutherFRAUD
    judge rutherFRAUD

alice in wonderland; just let me know when you want to got over what the wts was teaching from 1914-1919. USING ONLY WT BOOKS, MAG'S TRACTS FROM THAT 5 YEAR PERIOD. get out your 1879- 1922 watchtower LIBRARY IF YOU HAVE ONE???? I'LL GUESS YOU HAVE NEVER READ WT PRINTED UP TILL 1922 . OTHERWISE YOU WOULDN'T BE BABBLING BULLCRAP ABOUT HOW GREAT THE WT WAS BACK IN 1919... http://www.seanet.com/~raines/index.html IS A GREAT SITE TO LEARN WHAT THE LIES ABOUT TODAY ABOUT 1919. ALICE YOUR PROBLEM IS ACCURATE KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT THE WT REALLY TAUGHT FOR THE LAST 130 YEARS. YOU MAY SEE THE TRUTH IF YOU DO HONEST RESEARCH ... HAPPYU HUNTING.., judge rutherFRAUD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit