2nd video on 1919 Watchtower's Wacky Chronology

by Awakened at Gilead 116 Replies latest watchtower bible

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

This is the way I see it:

I am a mother of four children, one of whom is a girl of 12 years. If my daughter, God forbid, came to me and told me that she had been molested for a number of years the first thought directed towards my daughter that would go through my mind would not be "Why didn't you call CPS?" My first thought would be "I'm gonna kill the bastard" and then after I calmed down (as if that would be possilble) I would call the cops.

I would never ever blame my children or any other child for not going to the authorities. I would blame the sick **** for having the nerve to touch my child and thinking that they were going to get away with it.

I really don't believe that you're a mother like you've claimed on this board Alice.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"This is the way I see it:

I am a mother of four children, one of whom is a girl of 12 years. If my daughter, God forbid, came to me and told me that she had been molested for a number of years the first thought directed towards my daughter that would go through my mind would not be "Why didn't you call CPS?" My first thought would be "I'm gonna kill the bastard" and then after I calmed down (as if that would be possilble) I would call the cops.

I would never ever blame my children or any other child for not going to the authorities. I would blame the sick **** for having the nerve to touch my child and thinking that they were going to get away with it.

I really don't believe that you're a mother like you've claimed on this board Alice."

My daughter is three years old. Some of the individuals that tell things to the elders are not children, they're of the age of accountability (older teens and adults). This is where complications arise. You don't throw the book at someone based on the testimony of one person and nothing else. This applies in the Christian congregation and in a court of law. Being innocent, how would you like it if someone contacted CPS to conduct an investigation into your family based on mere conjecture? What do you make of this?

http://www.silentlambs.org/education/CNNtranscript.cfm

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Being innocent, how would you like it if someone contacted CPS to conduct an investigation into your family based on mere conjecture?

So you believe most if not all of the accusations (even the ones that have gone to court, been proven, and the wt paid out on) against jws of child molestations have been mere conjecture? What proof do you have of that? None. All you have dear Alice is conjecture, nothing more.

You don't have the balls to go against Bill Bowen. All you have is your ranting and raving to us on this board about the poor innocent jws who have been accused of touching a child and you even have the nerve to try and defend the ones who have been found guilty at the expense of the victim.

I don't see you putting up a board about the injustice of Bill Bowen and his silent lambs site, no you keep coming here to spout your silly and misinformed crap. I see a desperate silly minded woman (yeah right) defending a sick and inherentdly wicked organisation that has the nerve to call itself God's organisation on earth. Not.

You're no mother.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"So you believe most if not all of the accusations (even the ones that have gone to court, been proven, and the wt paid out on) against jws of child molestations have been mere conjecture? What proof do you have of that? None. All you have dear Alice is conjecture, nothing more.

You don't have the balls to go against Bill Bowen. All you have is your ranting and raving about the poor innocent jws who have been accused of touching a child and you even have the nerve to try and defend the ones who have been found guilty at the expense of the victim.

You're no mother."

“So you believe most if not all of the accusations (even the ones that have gone to court, been proven, and the wt paid out on) against jws of child molestations have been mere conjecture?”

I said nothing like this and you're evading my question. Nothing would have ever gone to court if it wasn't for people like Bill Bowen or Barbra Anderson.

For example, in the case of Amy B Vs WT, the petition wasn't filed until 06/03/03; this was after Bill Bowen and like minded individuals initiated their crusade. The only people that find the fantasy of Jehovah's Organization being a pedophilia paradise appealing are apostates with an appetite for damaging the reputation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

It's been my experience that Jehovah's Organization operates a lot like the corperation I work for. If something is broken it is fixed very quickly. I have yet to discover the system Jehovah's Witnesses uses for weeding out problematic members in the congregation is flawed. No one here has presented anything credible that the system Jehovah's Witnesses uses to deal with corruption needs improvement.

Who Has a Better Policy?

I'm open to suggestions.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm open to suggestions.

That's the funniest thing you said today.

I said nothing like this and you're evading my question. Nothing would have ever gone to court if it wasn't for people like Bill Bowen or Barbra Anderson.

Now you're talking out your ass. Doesn't matter how the molestation problem within the org came to light. You sound as if you'd be perfectly happy for it all to be sweep under the rug and in the closet as long as your precious org is not defamed. Bill was not the catalyst of the problem, the org and it's stupid two witness policy is.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Some of the individuals that tell things to the elders are nod children, they're of the age of accountability (older teens and adults).

Stupid, stupid, stupid, older teens are not legally accountable until the age of majority of 18 (that is true in the US, I can't vouch for other countries). A teen under the age of majority cannot enter into legal contract and therefore cannot be sued (there are exceptions to that rule such as murder cases where a teen can be tried as an adult). If an older teen reports being molested to CPS it is taken under consideration the same as if the report came from a younger teen or a preteen or a child.

Geez, you're stupid.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Some of the individuals that tell things to the elders are nod children, they're of the age of accountability (older teens and adults).

Stupid, stupid, stupid, older teens are not legally accountable until the age of majority of 18 (that is true in the US, I can't vouch for other countries). A teen under the age of majority cannot enter into legal contract and therefore cannot be sued (there are exceptions to that rule such as murder cases where a teen can be tried as an adult). If an older teen reports being molested to CPS it is taken under consideration the same as if the report came from a younger teen or a preteen or a child.

Geez, you're stupid."

A person who is less than 18 years of age is considered a juvenile, but this is referring to whether or not they can be legally tried as an adult in a court of law, and subjected to the same punishment as an adult upon conviction.

What I'm specifying here are prepubescent teens that make allegations of abuse. This is taken very seriously by most people (excluding the Micheal Jackson trial). If a fifteen year old testifies in court, their testimony will not be automatically accepted as incriminating evidence if there's conflicting testimony and no other witnesses or no physical evidence. I shouldn't have to explain this to an adult.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What I'm specifying here are prepubescent teens that make allegations of abuse. This is taken very seriously by most people (excluding the Micheal Jackson trial). If a fifteen year old testifies in court, their testimony will not be automatically accepted as incriminating evidence if there's conflicting testimony and no other witnesses or no physical evidence. I shouldn't have to explain this to an adult.

What you're trying to explain away is your assertion that minor victims should be blamed for not reporting to the authorities when abuse occurs and then you turn around and try to discount any testimony from a minor because they are minors.

You can't have it both ways Alice and I really doubt you're an adult.

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Having read through this I'm a bit disappointed that so many here resort to insults. I've not read AIW's other posts, but I don't see her attacking anyone personally.

AIW, one of the things that bothered me was the attempt to disfellowship a couple who were about to go on Dateline. (I'll state this to the best of my memory, if there are errors I apologize in advance.) Their son was molested by his grandfather and when they went to the elders they were told to not go to the police and slander Jehovah's name. (or words to that effect)

The couple couldn't continue to go to the KH and fell away, but no attention was paid them until three years later when they decided to do the Dateline story. Suddenly the elders want to meet with them to help them and an attempt was made to get them into a JC before the show. It's the common belief that the WTBTS wanted to do this in order to be able to say to the rank and file members "don't watch disfellowshipped persons".

I will concede that I think many situations were handled correctly by elders and very badly by others. I do believe that the WTBTS directed or discouraged matters going to the police.....for a while.....then gave clear direction as how pedophiles should be handled. I think the policy now is as good as one could expect.

For full disclosure AIW I am an ex-elder.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

so what Unconfused is saying: these people were NOT discfellowshipped when the show was produced. they were hastily disfellowshipped for the sole purpose of discrediting them as apostates!

these elder tactics remind me of the courts of the middle ages, and the witchunt trials of massachussets.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit