The PERFECT Translation...for Churchoids!

by theMadJW 723 Replies latest watchtower bible

• tec
    tec

I am serious about it - but I'm not sure what the 'this' is that you're asking me to check out?

Do you mean, to read Genesis to find all these definitions?

If you do mean that, then I prefer to read Jesus' words to understand the meaning of things. The Israelites had Genesis and still they misunderstood that the life Jesus spoke of was spiritual.

I do agree that starting on a false premise gives one a warped view that grows.

Tammy

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

MadJW stated: "Casper, that preaching was told about the Last Days, not about the rule of the Catholic Chuch in the Dark Ages!"

My response:

Thanks for making my point. Your position (that the "worldwide preaching work" is an identifying mark of "God's organization") depends on today being part the Last Days. Stated another way, if today is not part of the Last Days, then the existence of a "worldwide preaching work" is just as irrelevant now as it was in the 1400s.

I'm well aware that your clergy (the WT Society) teaches that we're in the Last Days that began in 1914. If they're wrong, then the existence of a "worldwide preaching work" is irrelevant.

Hence, my point about the Catholic church in the 1400s. Don't you agree that if someone who, in 1400, figured out that some Catholic teachings were false, should have left the church, even if there was not another worldwide organization to join? Some did so, and were persecuted for it. I think they did the right thing, even though they did not join a big religious organization with a "worldwide preaching work." Why should today be any different?

• JWoods
    JWoods
    Hence, my point about the Catholic church in the 1400s. Don't you agree that if someone who, in 1400, figured out that some Catholic teachings were false, should have left the church, even if there was not another worldwide organization to join? Some did so, and were persecuted for it. I think they did the right thing, even though they did not join a big religious organization with a "worldwide preaching work." Why should today be any different?

Also there is the irony that without the previous Catholic (and then the Protestant) preaching work in past centuries, the JWs would have had no foundation on which to build their present day "worldwide preaching work". Thus, those previous works (by JW logic) were actually doing God's will themselves.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

So, you both thibk the Catholic Church was backed by God?

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Do you mean, to read Genesis to find all these definitions?

If you do mean that, then I prefer to read Jesus' words to understand the meaning of things. The Israelites had Genesis and still they misunderstood that the life Jesus spoke of was spiritual.

Mad: Then you''ll have problems, for instead of knowing what God said the soul was, you'll be thinking Church Soul as you read his words. Fact is, you need to start from the Beginning to solve ANY mystery, Tammy!

• tec
    tec

I did study with JW's, Mad ;) I do get the difference between soul and spirit - although soul has been used in places as having either meaning (body or spirit). But I'm not talking or thinking about 'Church Soul' at all. I don't belong to any organized church or denomination. I am thinking only as Jesus spoke of things to be.

We cannot come to the Father except through Jesus. So I don't think we can understand the Father except through Him as well. The Israelites did make many mistakes based on their understanding. I think we agree on that, don't we?

Listening to Jesus is the same as listening to God. I put my trust in him first and foremost.

Tammy

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Agreed, Tammy!

If you SEE that, for example, Jesus said the day would come for the dead to LIVE AGAIN and be judged.

CHURCHianity says that has ALWAYS been the case....'immortal' soul, remember?

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

God's whole PURPOSE for the Earth was for mankind; Satan did not DEFEAT that.

Bible says the Earth will last forever, and that the meek and the righteous will inherit it!

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

AND, don't you remember the REASON some are chosen for heaven?

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

MadJW stated: "So, you both think the Catholic Church was backed by God?"

My response:

Thanks for the non-response. The simple fact is that your "worldwide preaching work" argument only works if the Watchtower's "last days" theology is correct. As I recall, you have recognized that the Society's last days/ prophetic interpretation theology is kooky. So, you're basing your argument on quite a flimsy foundation, my friend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit