The PERFECT Translation...for Churchoids!

by theMadJW 723 Replies latest watchtower bible

• garyneal
    garyneal
    "Mad, you are arguing in circles and you have no real basis to prove that the WTS is any better than 'CHURCHianity.'"
    - I'm NOT! I AM saying our BELIEFS are! We preach to nearly EVERY people on earth; China and the Muslim nations being the least-covered...

Mad, you failed to answer my question. No real surprise there. Here it is again.

If 'CHURCHianity' is not preaching the good news as good as the society is, how come they have far more people in their ranks than the Jehovah's Witnesses? In other words, how is all of that preaching of the good news beneficial to mankind when only 1 to 2 tenths of 1 percent of the whole world's population are considered active Jehovah's Witnesses?

To clarify, that's 0.1% to 0.2% of over 6 billion people on Earth.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Oh, SORRY, Gary- I'm on too many Sites!

Here's the reason:

Matt 7:13- "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

please elaborate on this narrow gate

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Mad

Looks like me and the evildoer (in Luke 23:43) are beyond the help you offer.

Don't you care? Or are you going to keep calling me names like "Churchoid"? I guess you're not a sinner?

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Matt 7:13- "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. 14But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

Yep, that was the exact answer I expected to the question I posed.

So, if 0.1% to 0.2% of the world's population is considered part of that narrow gate to righteousness, what about the religions isaac mentioned. They are even smaller than the Jehovah's Witnesses, one of them I believe has only 50,000 people worldwide. How about the original Bible Students that you religion came from? They are smaller than the witnesses too.

Since the teachings of your religion changes so often, how do you know you are in the narrow gate? What if one of those smaller religions actually has their teachings right and since they are smaller, are truly in that narrow gate?

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Heh. SIZE doesn't Matter! Heh

Only TRUTH does!

• garyneal
    garyneal
    Heh. SIZE doesn't Matter! Heh

Now you are contradicting yourself. Either the smallness of your religion is due to Matthew 7:13 or it is not.

If it is not, then a religion as large as the Catholic church could have members who are also passing in to the narrow gate.

Only TRUTH does!

Since yours changes so often, when do you know if you are in the truth or not?

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

AHHHH! Word games.

Jesus merely said MOST would be mislead, and that FEW would FIND truth.

You two are playing with words.

let ME do so-

Isa 43:11- We, even We, are the LORDS; and besides Us there is no saviour. Daniel was wrong. - RCV

• cantleave
    cantleave

Placing poorly written literature door to door is NOT preaching. IT IS RECRUITING.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello theMadJW,

You claim to follow the bible but it seem you pay it no heed. See here for example.

1 Peter 3:15 (New International Version)

15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.

Hope this verse will help you tame your tongue?

Matthew 12:36 (New International Version)

36 But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken.

Or this?

James 3:6 (New International Version)

6 The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

Or these?

James 3:9-10 (New International Version)

9 With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. 10 Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be.

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit