The PERFECT Translation...for Churchoids!

by theMadJW 723 Replies latest watchtower bible

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

1 Cor 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by God-the-Ghost calleth Jesus God accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus God are the Lords, but by the God-the-Ghost. - RCV

• yknot
    yknot

Well I am still pretty much the same, I just don't believe that the WTS was given authority.

I will also admit the Bible holds no resurrection during the millennial reign (but I am not ready to let that one go yet)

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

You mean you don't BELIEVE that Jesus was teaching the crowds about a small group of men in the 20th/21st century?

And that in 1919 Jesus 'came' to them, and 'told' them "Well Done!" when they were JUST GETTING STARTED!

I'm REALLY surprised at you! heh

Yes- there IS a lotta nonsense with my Brotherhood!

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

A self-proclaimed FDS Class, dopey songs, rigid rules, ridiculous terminology, etc!

• yknot
    yknot

Well there would be no point when you consider Russell said he had Jesus backing from the begining.....

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Nothing wrong with THAT; don't we ALL think God is guiding us?

I certainly do!

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Revelation 20:6- Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, (don’t worry about what second death means- since you never REALLY die, anyways...) but they will be priests of The Holy Trinityt, and millions will rule as kings with Them for the thousand years of eternity. - RCV

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello theMadJW,

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon ONE of the Names of the Two Lords shall be saved. Since the Ghost-God is Nameless, just use His Title... - RCV

So maybe you could explain who's name to call upon to be saved?

Here's a couple of clues.

Joel 2:32 (New International Version)

32 And everyone who calls
    on the name of the LORD will be saved

Acts 4:10-12 (New International Version)

10 then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed. 11 He is
    " 'the stone you builders rejected,
    which has become the capstone.' 12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved."

Blessings,

Stephen

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Very good, Stephen!

NOW, please tell us all what the name "Jesus" MEANS!

• Chalam
    Chalam

Very good theMadJW! :)

OK, let's try again, who's name do we call upon to be saved?

Romans 10:9-13 (New International Version)

9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." [ a ] 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." [ b ]

Footnotes:
    1. Romans 10:11 Isaiah 28:16
    2. Romans 10:13 Joel 2:32

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit