What if WBTS is right?

by african GB Member 105 Replies latest jw experiences

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Deut. 18:18-22

21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?

22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Hoab

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Nope - don't ever ask myself that because I have proven to myself that they are deceivers.

• debator
    debator

I like this discussion because it really shows up how completely personally responsible we are for our choices. By either chosing witnesses as I have done or a religion under another God or a total lack of belief in God.

If we then realise we have completely made the wrong choice can we really argue?

We have the freewill and freedom to make that choice for ourselves, do you stand by the choice and accept the consequences both right or wrong for yourself?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

there is one thing they are right about:

RELIGION IS A SNARE AND A RACKET

including jwland

• The Finger
    The Finger

Debator,

"If we then realise we have made the complete wrong choice can we really argue?"

Sometimes things are not as clear as they seem.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

As the conversation with my dad went...

Me: What about all the things they're wrong about?

Dad: They've never been wrong.

Me (trying not to puke): Are you kidding? They've never been wrong???

Dad: They're always right about the things that matter.

Me: And who decides what 'matters'?

Dad: They do.

This religion demands the respect of a group who speaks for God, but then fails to have the nads in living up to the countless times they've been wrong, passing all responsibility on to their adherents. They are disgusting.

• debator
    debator

Hi Finger

In this case I think it is simple and as grave as it sounds. This is a massive choice for anyone to make and should be understood to be the life and death one it is.

The Bible doesn't pull any punches on it. Anyone living at the time of Armageddon doesn't get a second chance their judgement is then and there.

People who choose not to believe in God know they are accepting the limitations of 70-100 years of existence only.

For other religions and other Gods they have similar points.

Whatever the true answer is, there can only be only One true answer that is the nature of truth.

So yes I think we should be very confident we have made the right choice for ourselves and accept the consequences both good or bad.

• The Finger
    The Finger

I think that many who post here, at one time felt as confident as you. We can learn from each other.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68
    People who chose not to believe in God know they are accepting the limitations of 70-100 years of existence only.

Yes, but then they will be resurrected, won't they?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Exactly Debator, and the Bible shows that choice to be Jesus. Not some cultic organization claiming to be God's channel of truth thru whom man must identify to have a relationship with God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit