What if WBTS is right?

by african GB Member 105 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

I've NEVER asked myself that question since exiting the witnesses almost 7 years ago - because they AREN'T right. Especially not in the head. Especially the leaders. Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• debator
    debator

It might be better to ask:-

So you accept the choice you have made and it's consequences if any?

If Armageddon happened tomorrow and Jehovah's witnesses stood out as an imperfect people doing their level best to be followers of Jehovah their Father and Almighty God through his son Jesus in these times amidst triune God worshipers and happy atheists. And they are prove correct in their biblical adherence. Would you accept you have rejected that promise of your own freewill?

• flipper
    flipper

DEBATOR- Then I ask you the same question : Are you willing to accept the choices you have made and the consequences if the whole WT society and Jehovah's Witnesses promises are a scam and false ? What will you do then ?

If Armageddon NEVER happens and Jehovah's Witnesses were proved incorrect in their adherence to the WT society's views and predictions - would you accept that you have rejected the promise of living REAL LIFE without false predictions by using YOUR free will ? Peace out, mr. Flipper

• tec
    tec

That question could be asked of anyone who has heard and rejected anything spiritual.

What about imperfect people doing their level best to be followers of Christ, and therefore God, during these times of 38 000 Christian denominations? If they're still doing their level best, that is?

But in answer to your question, I would be depending on God's mercy, that I did what I thought was right, in accordance to what I understood Jesus teachings and example to be.

Since I don't think anyone has 100% truth anyway, including me, then I'm depending on that mercy anyway.

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Flipper - I think we were on the same page there :)

• finallyfree!
    finallyfree!

If they're right then I guess ill die at armageddon. I've already weighed it out and the juice aint worth the squeeze!!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

If they were right....they would have been no need to change the prophecies throughout the decades as they have since before any of us were ever born If they were really guided by God, he would have given them the right information the first time.

• yknot
    yknot

I used to in the beginning...... but after reading the material from Russell to Knorr it becomes crystal clear our current interpretations are based on explanationsn and assertions that were created to cover up interpretations that failed in the past.

Similar today would be the latest Generation, time marched onward and the generation that saw the events of 1914 will die so now the WTS has to explain why......poof-noo-lite..... Jesus meant overlapping!

accurate knowledge.... knowledge is power my dear AGBM... download today and start reading!

http://www.archive.org/details/WatchTowerBibleandTractSocietyofPennsylvaniaWatchTowerpubs_0

http://www.wtarchive.org/deposit/

http://www.4shared.com/dir/jG4ivjBv/sharing.html

• agonus
    agonus

For me it's a logical impossibility and it ultimately doesn't matter whether they're right or not - it's still impossible for me to believe a logical impossibility in either case.

But I know what you're driving at. Every now and then I catch myself wondering, well, shit, what if it turns out they ARE right after all?

And then I realize that a world in which the Watchtower is actually right is most assuredly NOT a world I want to live in. Certainly not for an eternity. Death at Armageddon is preferable for me.

If, on the other hand, they're wrong, well, there you have it.

Either way... I win.

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

So many what ifs...so little time. As far as i'm concerned, religion isn't the answer to anything, so the question is moot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit