What if WBTS is right?

by african GB Member 105 Replies latest jw experiences

• jdub4life?
    jdub4life?

Thread Starter,

I think we all have asked ourselves that question at one point or another...if we didn't, we wouldn't be here...it's the initial twinge of "What if they're wrong" that leads us here...and by the time we have educated ourselves, we know that there is no such thing as "God's True Organization on Earth".

The Jews were "God's chosen people" as well...While Jesus was on Earth, he reprimanded the religious leaders of the day for a multitude of sins, most of these sins directly affected their "flock".....("Whoa to you, Scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!..." )

*In answer to your question:

I wish they were right. Don't be mad at me either, guys, please...I wish they were...I WISH that I could go "back" and be with my family again...if I could, in good conscience, do that, then I would...but I would never sleep at night. I would never be able to look at myself in the mirror, and most importantly, I would not be able to look at my eight-year-old son with a clean conscience, knowing that I allowed him to be raised under the tyrannical rule of the WTBS...I wish they were right...my life would be much easier...Unfortunately, the facts show otherwise...

Now, you asked a question of us...Would you mind answering one? ... Have you ever TRULY asked yourself: What if they are wrong?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

They are right about one thing. They taught me that "bad associations spoil useful habits". I associated with them, and all my useful habits went down the drain.

I'm happy to report that the matter has been corrected.

W

• St George of England
    St George of England

If they are 100% correct, would you want to spend FOREVER with them, under the rule of the WTS?

George

• Aurelius
    Aurelius

then the Bible is wrong!

• not a captive
    not a captive

What if it is right.....about.... even.... one.... thing. That would be a lot.

They are wrong in their most basis assumptions. They are crosswise of everything for heaven sakes. They crush faith and disregard the freedom that Jesus gave us. and they have lied-- knowing they lie---to people.

If they are right then there truly is no Jesus.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    do you sometimes ask yourselves this question?

No. I often asked myself "What if they're wrong?" That's how I ended up here. But I don't ask questions I already know the answer to.

• JWoods
    JWoods
    then the Bible is wrong!

Oh horrors - then the Bible did not ACTUALLY SAY that the millennium rule of Christ would begin in 1975, that the creative days are 7,000 years long, that medical vaccinations are injecting demonic pus into your body, that aluminum cooking utensils will give you deadly disease, that the human heart can think like a brain (usually like a very bad brain), that the USSR was the king of the north and would dominate the USA, as so on and on and on? I am shocked. You know, serial killer and cannibal Jeffrey Dahmer may well have been a very good chef (on his "good" days) but I don't think I would have wanted to have dinner at his house - knowing what we know now.

• dgp
    dgp

I'm sad I don't have one of those wonderful emoticons made popular by poopsiecakes. I would want to put the one of the smiley rolling on the floor laughing :-).

This is the question you ask yourself when you are overcome with fear.

• snowbird
  • mrsjones5

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit