Worldly Shunning

by alice.in.wonderland 156 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mary
    Mary
    I answer plenty of questions and I've thoroughly answered your questions.

You've done nothing of the kind. If you truly believe you have, the magnitude of your self-delusion is only matched in grotesqueness by the depths of your lying manipulations.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

there is no truth in 1/2 truths

• sherah
    sherah

AIW, you have not answered any of the questions on this thread that i put to you. I'm sure you overlooked them in your zealousness for the truth. I've listed them below for your convenience, take your time. Thanks in advance.

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Do you have special dispensation from the GB?

Is there new light allowing baptized JW's to associated with DF'd persons? Why do you so in opposition to your faith's 'administrators'.

Now it's your turn to tell us how the practice of shunning does not apply to you.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"You've done nothing of the kind. If you truly believe you have, the magnitude of your self-delusion is only matched in grotesqueness by the depths of your lying manipulations."

I rest my case. Have a happy non-existence.

• sherah
    sherah

AIW, you have not answered any of the questions on this thread that i put to you. I'm sure you overlooked them in your zealousness for the truth. I've listed them below for your convenience, take your time. Thanks in advance.

Do you have special dispensation from the GB?
    Is there new light allowing baptized JW's to associated with DF'd persons? Why do you so in opposition to your faith's 'administrators'.

Now it's your turn to tell us how the practice of shunning does not apply to you
  • Twitch
    Twitch

Alice,

Thank you for your contributions to the forum. You don't know the value of your presence here. Keep up the good work!

Kudos to Mary and Sherah btw. ;)

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I will have to say Rachel (AIW) that you bugged the crap out of me in the beginning, but now I'm starting to see that you are looking for answers to justify your beliefs? You are here for one, which is a known "apostate" site, which means you are looking for answers where you shouldn't (says the GB) which you are defying (good for you) to get the "other side of the story" as it were.

Now I don't agree with all the copying and pasting you do, but I see some of you're personal comments in there at times. Anyway, not much to say on your topic other than I was DF'd, twice and my mother and grandfather regularly talked with me, ate with me, associated with me while I was out. Grandfather was an elder (deceased now) mother was "in good standing" as well. You said that you talk to your DF'd mother, I take it you are still a witness, active/inactive and not disfellowshipped or dissasociated yourself? Then by you talking to your DF'd mother proves that you do not believe in the WBTS teaching of shunning. By that inferred fact, you do not agree with shunning. By that inferred fact, you do not believe in "some" of what the WBTS teaches.

That's a good start. The more you dig and the more you research the more you will start to see. The truth about the truth, the real light.

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

Worldy shunning......what an interesting idea! Hang on shunning has been going on for centuries in all forms. Look at the Jews.

On what grounds are you refering to worldy shunning. Religious? Human nature? Political? Culture? Race? To wrap them all up together is a little closed mined.

Religious shunning can happen in almost any religion, using the same line the GB use for their reason. Look at the protestants and catholics in norther ireland, ok that ones got political overtones it in it as well. Some christian faiths have a edict to shun those who reject their faith or policies. (gays in the catholic church iirc). Is this not the same as JW? What makes your shunning right and theirs wrong?

Lets look at human nature? Sometimes shunning is a good thing. A destructive relationship, abusive family. The disconnection from this is not a bad thing. Sometimes it is the only thing. Maybe they will change? then again Maybe not. But putting rule in place to govern the reinstatment would be silly. Each person has to think for themself and decide by their own choice of if they should associate with that person.

Shunning on a political basis, race or cultural is rampant. To say it wasn't would be silly. All around you it is happening! The rules that cause the shunning are no different to those of the WBTS. You disagree on a belief or viewpoint of mine and thus I am going to cut you out.

A white girl goes out with a black guy and the dad kicks her out, shuns her because of his belief that she shouldn't go with a black guy.

Is he right? The black guy could be the nicest bloke in the world and love his daughter but because he disagreed with his belief he shuns her.

Sound familar? Whats the difference between this and someone saying that they don't believe in the truth and getting shunned.

Nothing.

So what if she decides that the black guy is the wrong guy and a bad for her. In the GB world she would then have to prove her dedication. Lets put it in the case of the white girl. What would she have to do? Date a Klan member or how about a far right fascist to prove her beliefs?

Does this really solve the emotional hurt, in the example should the dad behave as if nothing has happened as the daughter has met the rules for re-instatment?

Would it not be better for the father to unconditionally love his daughter? Tell her that her actions hurt her but he loves her all the same.

When someone is reinstated in the JW does everyone behave to them like nothing happened? What happens to the hurt or anger those people felt when they were left or abandoned? be it from either side? Or do they behave as if nothing happened because the elder said they were okay now?

Shunning is a tool that has been around for YEARS for people to control people! Rules or no rules, it has been there since the begining and it is here now and as wrong now as it was then.

Did Jesus shun anyone?

Think about this:

You will never agree with everyone, period

There will always be some people you get on with and others you don't

Just because someone has a different belief or view point, doesn't make them a bad person that you should have nothing to do with.

Everyone is entitled to a view point and a feeling

Others shouldn't force their view point on others.

• Mary
    Mary
    AIW said: I rest my case. Have a happy non-existence.

What a silly, sad moron you are that that's the best you can come up with.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"What a silly, sad moron you are that that's the best you can come up with."

I wasn't trying to pick a fight. For the most part I'm a peaceful person.

I generally do not pin people down for not answering a question(s) as this little discussion group we have here is supposed be somewhat interesting. Answering uninteresting questions makes the forum irritating. None-the-less, people do it to me all the time.

I've asked you several times to define your religious beliefs aside from venting your usual anti-JW rhetoric and I have received no response.

This is because if you were to subject whatever it is you believe to the standards of criticism you use while analyzing Jehovah's Witnesses it would lead you directly back to Jehovah's Organization in a search for truth (provided you care or can even handle the truth).

You are no different than anyone else who is up the existential creek without a paddle or prayer book, not knowing where you came from or where you're headed.

http://www.freeminds.org/organization/governing-body/ted-jaracz-20-years-of-hiding-skeletons-in-the-watchtower-closet.html

“Thank you so much for the summary Randy. If there is a life after this one, I sincerely doubt that Ted Jaracz is enjoying it as one of Christ's brethren. Knowing that his hard-line policy on covering up the pedophile problem caused so much harm to thousands of Witnesses is proof that this religion is run by a bunch of thugs who are only interested in their own power.

I hope the scumbag burns in Hell."

written by Mary Patterson , June 14, 2010

This is the first time I've heard an “ex-Jehovah's Witness” reenact the fearful mindset that firmly believes human beings deserve to go to hell and goes as far as to wish it on a member of the Governing Body.

The “if there is a life after this one” statement confirms what I stated earlier: You are no different than anyone else who is up the existential creek without a paddle or prayer book, not knowing where you came from or where you're headed.

Jehovah's Witnesses don't believe in Hellfire. I'd never wish anyone a permanent fate at Armageddon or a sentence to burn indefinitely.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit