Worldly Shunning

by alice.in.wonderland 156 Replies latest jw experiences

• sherah
    sherah
    You're pointing the finger at me by drawing on a belief system that in effect brings judgment on yourself. I generally don't do that unless someone else starts the blame game.

Yes, I'm pointing out that failing follow the standards as set out by your faith's 'administrators' makes you a hypocrite. Is there new light allowing baptized JW's to associated with DF'd persons? Why do you so in opposition to your faith's 'adminstrators'. Oh yeah, thanks for not judging, that's very righteous of you.

Drawing on beliefs you reject yourself even makes less sense. Just because you reject something doesn't make you right.

It doesn't matter what I believe. You are on this forum as a JW upholding 'the truth' about shunning, you even supported your views by showing us that non-JW's practice it as well.

I attended the meeting today

Well good for you. I know it's challenging to return to meetings when one is inactive. So I guess this means you will have shun your family and the members of this forum. Active publishers are not allowed to comment, give talks and participate in the ministry if they are associating with DF'd persons. Doing so will make you a hypocrite. And if it becomes known to your BOE, you may find yourself being the one shunned.

• wasblind
    wasblind

you posted here under the disguise of alice, but from the way you rant i knew who you were. You're aka rachel ,you can't coverup crazy with a new name.

• dgp
    dgp

Sorry for the stupid question, and I have no intention of hijacking the thread, but from Sherah's last post I gather that they keep count of who is active but associating with a disfellowshipped relative. Did I get that right? I can't imagine how hard it must be to keep track of who is in what status and associating with whom. WOW!

Maybe I would associate with someone in bad standing just so I wouldn't have to comment :-).

• sherah
    sherah

DGP, most JW's who actively associate with DF'd persons are not flaunting in the elders midst. Although most elders are intrusive, something like this would have to be bought to their attention. That's why I said to AIW 'if it becomes known'. The offender is usually counseled first and if they persist they are marked and privileges are taken away.

If AIW is trying to get reactivated in the congregation, she stands to lose alot if it becomes known to the BOE.

• dgp
    dgp

Thanks. I still think I would try to find a way not to comment . Maybe because I don't know what that entails.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

alice, how does it feel to post 1/2 truths?

• sherah
    sherah

It's easy not to comment, just don't. Lots of JW's don't comment for various reasons and they are not marked, DF'd or on reproof.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Nearly every post Alice makes is condescending, insulting and snide. If she asks you a personal question, it is not out of concern, it is to gather enough personal information to insult you. I've seen it over and over.

She herself has even questioned why she has not been booted off this forum. Why Lady Lee expects an apology from all of us to Alice, is beyond my comprehension. I can only believe LL has not read all of what Alice has posted.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to have any kind of discussion with Alice, as she does not get the sense of anything you all say. She picks some obscure point in your post that means nothing and runs with it, and we all follow.

Until she gets real help wth her mental illness, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to reason with her. Incidentally, manipulation of others is a prominent trait of certain mental disorders and she exhibits it very well here.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Nearly every post Alice makes is condescending, insulting and snide. If she asks you a personal question, it is not out of concern, it is to gather enough personal information to insult you. I've seen it over and over.

She herself has even questioned why she has not been booted off this forum. Why Lady Lee expects an apology from all of us to Alice, is beyond my comprehension. I can only believe LL has not read all of what Alice has posted.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to have any kind of discussion with Alice, as she does not get the sense of anything you all say. She picks some obscure point in your post that means nothing and runs with it, and we all follow.

Until she gets real help wth her mental illness, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to reason with her. Incidentally, manipulation of others is a prominent trait of certain mental disorders and she exhibits it very well here."

If you think I came here or if you think you are going to convert someone to your way of thinking or belief, then you couldn't have been more mistaken. People with any sense who are looking for an alternate belief system don't come to forums. For the most part, people are thoroughly entrenched in their beliefs, either through tradition, fervor, exhaustive study and experience, or all of the former. There are some here that do learn about the "other" in the true spirit of a mutually beneficial exchange of knowledge or to sharpen their critical reasoning skills against opposing points of view.

The site owner stated; “Oh, and the JW / jedi mind tricks where people think double-speak like the WTS uses will allow them to get away with things doesn't work here because we see through it (you know, where the WTS claims "we never said that" when it's obvious that they did to anyone familiar with their internal code-speak).”

Interpreting logic that can be deduced as “Jedi minds tricks” is an excuse to put irrefutable logic out of your mind and resort to personal attacks that I should take quietly. Someone calls me hypocrite and I retaliate. Then you come along and complain you are tired of being called stupid when I wasn't even talking to you. Take off the blinders and keep it real.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Alice,

Why do you argue things that you supposedly don't feel sorry about? Are you just looking for a constant argument? Are you that lonely? I already asked you out on a date....

-Cage

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit