Worldly Shunning

by alice.in.wonderland 156 Replies latest jw experiences

• donny
    donny

The problem with the Society's version of shunning is that they have made it into a status that the person is in until the elders see fit to remove that status. When you read the scriptures that refer to shunning, they are directing the believer to stop associating with individuals who display certain behaviors. It says to shun them as long as they diplay the said behavior and to embrace then once they have ceased.

Nowhere does the Bible say that it is a tool used by the elders and is only to be used when they say so. When I was still in the organization, we had an issue where we were not associating with one of my ex-wifes relatives because we knew he was cheating on his wife and was getting drunk on a regular basis. The elders in his congregation would not disfellowship him because his wife would not testify against him. We were told by the elders that we cannot personally disfellowship someone and he added that we need to admonish him as a brother unless he is disfellowshipped.

That is not what the Bible says. It says that if you see a brother doing any of the "bad" things listed, you are to stop associating with them immediately. It is a decision that the individual makes, not an annoucement to be made my the Elder body. And once they stop the said behavior, you can embrace them as a brother again. You dont have to wait for an annoucement from the elders to associate with them again.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Oooooh,

I'm inactive (step 1)

you guys are reminding me how good the society is (step 2)

I'm going back, and it's wondergul (step 3)

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

AIW: "I'd never wish anyone a permanent fate at Armageddon..."

You are such a liar. Or have you blocked out from your memory the many times on this forum that you have revelled in telling us how we will all be destroyed at Armageddon and how glad you are that you will not be in the same boat as us??

Seriously. Grab a brain cell.

It may be that hate is in your nature.

Hypocrite."

I said no such thing.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

You've never posted scriptures describing how people will be bloody carcases, flesh melting from bone, bird food, etc.....in response to a post from anyone here?

Really??

And you didn't follow that up by saying "Glad it's you and not me?" (Your exact words.)

Because I distinctly remember you posting that on your thread that got yanked.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The only people that have a certainty of destruction at Armageddon are apostates.....AIW

There's no 'apostate status' anyone on this forum can make applicable to me......AIW

I know my own “doctrines” like the back of my hand. If you're systematically dedicated to the deconstruction of Bible teachings, veiling any enlightenment as an alternative makes you nothing more than a
    self-destructive bigot. I have yet to come across anyone who doesn't match this description in this forum......AIW

yknot, It's my opinion you're an apostate who claims you go to the meetings with a deliberate intent to deceive. I plan on attending the meeting this Thursday......AIW

And what religion do you belong to OUTLAW or are you athiest of agnostic?
    Don't tell me you're so mentally deficient and your head is so full of apostate junk you don't know...that's not an excuse.....AIW

Ya..

Your a real Sweetheart Alice..

Too bad I could`nt pull up the Thread the Mods had to Remove,because you so Dam Venomous..

Snake.in.Wonderland..

http://www.naturfoto-cz.de/photos/sevcik/indian-cobra--naja-naja-2.jpg

................................ ...OUTLAW

• Mary
    Mary
    AIW said: Unlike you I'm very concrete in my beliefs. I attended the meeting last night and I'm attending the district assembly this weekend.

I'm very happy to hear this Alice!! Please continue to attend all the meetings and go out in Field Serve-Us. Then tell the elders that you're still posting on a forum that they most certainly would consider "apostate". Let us know what the outcome is!

By the things you say, I see inherent hatred towards Jehovah's Witnesses.

No I don't. The average Witness is for the most part, dupe to the lies that the goons in charge spew. It's the leadership I can't stand, not the R&F. Besides, such a statement is rich coming from a person who declared: "...I don't give a fuck how many die because of the blood doctrine!!" a few weeks ago, or something to that effect.

I'll answer sherah's dull questions when I get home from work.

So Alice.....you're obviously home from uh "work", you posted an hour ago but you still haven't answer Sherah's questions yet. I'm sure this is simply an oversight on your part. Perhaps you're so deeply immersed reading Insight on the Scriptures that you forgotten about it! Please---don't keep us in suspense any longer! Answer Sherah's questions. And try to stay on topic.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

“No I don't. The average Witness is for the most part, dupe to the lies that the goons in charge spew. It's the leadership I can't stand, not the R&F.”

I've been expressing freedom of thought here since my very first post. I'm not duped by anyone. This was stated about me simply because I test and entertain the ideas of others:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/195457/2/Horus-3d-Jesus-I-saw-a-tv-show-relating-the-similarities-What-do-you-know

"If more Jehovah's Witnesses were like you ......
    ...... there would be less of them"

I had a momentary reaction to the insulting, derogatory speech hurled at me in some of my posts and said some things I shouldn't have, as it caught me off guard. I'm not used to getting this sort of thing although I've been exposed to plenty of aggression towards Jehovah's Witnesses as an organization. There's no premeditated hate on my part toward anyone.

And you will be objects of hatred by all people on account of my name; but he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved. Matthew 10:22-23

If you hate the administrative position of Jehovah's Witnesses, you hate all of those that loyally support it. That has something to do with why you can't speak to me without being insulting.

Now I exhort you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that you should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among you, but that you may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought. 1 Corinthians 1:10

it-1 pp. 128-129 Apostle

Administrative position. In the formation, organization, and subsequent direction of the Christian congregation, the apostles occupied a primary position. (1Co 12:28; Eph 4:11) Although they were joined by others of the “older men” in such supervision, they formed a principal part of the governing body of the expanding Christian congregation, and this body was recognized by the early Christians everywhere as the channel of communication used by God to render decisions and direct the affairs of the congregation throughout the earth. (Ac 2:42; 8:14-17; 11:22; 15:1, 2, 6-31; 16:4, 5) This was possible for these men only because of the fulfillment of the promises about guidance by God’s holy spirit. (Joh 15:26, 27) Such help enabled them to recall Jesus’ instructions and teachings, to clarify points of doctrine, and to be progressively guided “into all the truth” revealed through them at that apostolic period. (Joh 14:26; 16:13-15; compare Joh 2:22; 12:16.) They made appointments to positions of service within the congregation and also designated areas in which certain ones would engage in missionary activity.—Ac 6:2, 3; Ga 2:8, 9.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    it-1 pp. 128-129 Apostle

Administrative position. In the formation, organization, and subsequent direction of the Christian congregation, the apostles occupied a primary position. (1Co 12:28; Eph 4:11) Although they were joined by others of the “older men” in such supervision, they formed a principal part of the governing body of the expanding Christian congregation, and this body was recognized by the early Christians everywhere as the channel of communication used by God to render decisions and direct the affairs of the congregation throughout the earth. (Ac 2:42; 8:14-17; 11:22; 15:1, 2, 6-31; 16:4, 5) This was possible for these men only because of the fulfillment of the promises about guidance by God’s holy spirit. (Joh 15:26, 27) Such help enabled them to recall Jesus’ instructions and teachings, to clarify points of doctrine, and to be progressively guided “into all the truth” revealed through them at that apostolic period. (Joh 14:26; 16:13-15; compare Joh 2:22; 12:16.) They made appointments to positions of service within the congregation and also designated areas in which certain ones would engage in missionary activity

Interesting, Alice.

The governing body deny apostolic succession for any other religion, yet claim it for themselves.

BTW, I don't expect an on-topic response to this from you. It's hard to have any kind of discussion with you when you post like a sniper, then leave for hours/days at a time. Also, you have effectively avoided Sherah's questions.

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"Interesting, Alice.

The governing body deny apostolic succession for any other religion, yet claim it for themselves.

BTW, I don't expect an on-topic response to this from you. It's hard to have any kind of discussion with you when you post like a sniper, then leave for hours/days at a time. Also, you have effectively avoided Sherah's questions."

Sherah's question number 1: “Do you have special dispensation from the GB?”

I answered Sherah's questions in post 446 of 472. She's once again trying to set the stage for finger pointing, by drawing on a belief system that in effect brings judgment on herself.

The administrative position of Jehovah's Witnesses doesn't claim apostolic succession. The Catholic Church denies the apostolic succession they claim. Others simply note the facts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Benedict_IX

According to the Catholic Encyclopedia and other sources, Benedict IX was around 18 to 20 years old when made pontiff, although some sources claim 11 or 12. He reportedly led an extremely dissolute life, and also allegedly had few qualifications for the papacy other than connections with a socially powerful family, although in terms of theology and the ordinary activities of the Church he was entirely orthodox. St. Peter Damian described him as "feasting on immorality" and "a demon from hell in the disguise of a priest" in the Liber Gomorrhianus. The Catholic Encyclopedia calls him "a disgrace to the Chair of Peter."

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

The GB doesn't claim to be God's channel, the ONLY channel, here on earth?

They don't claim Holy Spirit blesses them and their work, and ONLY them and their work?

They don't claim to be the ONLY ones having an inside connection to God?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit