Worldly Shunning

by alice.in.wonderland 156 Replies latest jw experiences

• sherah
    sherah

You profess to be an inactive JW who actively associates with DF'd persons, ignoring 'administrative' directives of your faith. You are a hypocrite.

Hypocrisy is the act of persistently professing beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that are inconsistent with one's actions. Hypocrisy is thus a kind of lie. - Wikipedia
  • sherah
    sherah

Below is a selection of paragraphs from the WT 4/15/88 – Discipline That Can Yield Peaceable Fruit. This article outlines the 'administrative' directives in case there is any confusion.

Why is such a firm stand appropriate even today? Well, reflect on the severe cutting off mandated in God's Law to Israel. In various serious matters, willful violators were executed. (Leviticus 20:10; Numbers 15:30, 31) When that happened, others, even relatives, could no longer speak with the dead lawbreaker. (Leviticus 19:1-4; Deuteronomy 13:1-5; 17:1-7) Though loyal Israelites back then were normal humans with emotions like ours, they knew that God is just and loving and that his Law protected their moral and spiritual cleanness. So they could accept that his arrangement to cut off wrongdoers was fundamentally a good and right thing.—Job 34:10-12.

We can be just as sure that God's arrangement that Christians refuse to fellowship with someone who has been expelled for unrepentant sin is a wise protection for us. "Clear away the old leaven, that you may be a new lump, according as you are free from ferment." (1 Corinthians 5:7) By also avoiding persons who have deliberately disassociated themselves, Christians are protected from possible critical, unappreciative, or even apostate views.
    Hebrews 12:15, 16.

The situation is different if the disfellowshipped or disassociated one is a relative living outside the immediate family circle and home. It might be possible to have almost no contact at all with the relative. Even if there were some family matters requiring contact, this certainly would be kept to a minimum, in line with the divine principle: "Quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person [or guilty of another gross sin], . . . not even eating with such a man."
    1 Corinthians 5:11

In another case, Laurie's parents were disfellowshipped. Yet she says: 'My association with them never stopped but increased. As time went on, I became more and more inactive. I got to the point of not even attending meetings.' Then she read material in TheWatchtower of September 1 and 15, 1981, that stressed the counsel of 1 Corinthians 5:11-13 and 2 John 9-11. "It was as if a light bulb were turned on in me," she writes. 'I knew I would have to make some changes. I now better understand the meaning of Matthew 10:34-36. My decision was not an easy one for my family to swallow, for my son, five, is the only boy, and they love him dearly.' It is hoped that losing such association will touch the parents' hearts, as it did Margaret's. Still, the discipline involved helped Laurie: 'I am back out in the field ministry. My marriage and family are stronger because of my change, and so am I.'

• sherah
    sherah

w7111/1pp.662-663ChristianMaturity—anElusiveGoal?***ACCEPTINGTHEFULLRANGEOFCHRISTIANTRUTH

Today we have the complete inspired Word of God. Do we accept the full range of its teachings and are we sincerely endeavoring to live in harmony with them? Or do we pick and choose, as is the case with many today who are only nominal Christians?Such ones observe only what they want to observe but do not want to go all the way as to being disciples of God’s Son and they are therefore divided into Christendom’s many sects. Is that the case with us? Our answer to these questions will aid us to determine whether we have reached Christian maturity or not.

w864/1p.30QuestionsFromReaders***·WhyhaveJehovah’sWitnessesdisfellowshipped(excommunicated)forapostasysomewhostillprofessbeliefinGod,theBible,andJesusChrist?

Approved association with Jehovah’s Witnesses requires accepting the entire range of the true teachings of the Bible, including those Scriptural beliefs that are unique to Jehovah’s Witnesses.
    Do we have Scriptural precedent for taking such a strict position? Indeed we do! Paul wrote about some in his day: "Their word will spread like gangrene. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of that number. These very men have deviated from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already occurred; and they are subverting the faith of some." (2 Timothy 2:17, 18; see also Matthew 18:6.) There is nothing to indicate that these men did not believe in God, in the Bible, in Jesus’ sacrifice. Yet, on this one basic point, what they were teaching as to the time of the resurrection, Paul rightly branded them as apostates, with whom faithful Christians would not fellowship.
    ***w027/15p.20TheyKeepOnWalkingintheTruth***
    JEHOVAH approves only of those worshiping him "with spirit and truth." (John 4:24) They obey the truth, accepting the entire body of Christian teachings based on God’s Word
  • alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

""If we are to walk in the light of truth we must recognize not only Jehovah God as our Father but his organization as our mother.... Today, also, God requires and exacts from his children obedience honor and respect. These must be rendered not only to the living God himself, but to his wifely organization as well" Watchtower, 1 May 1957, p. 274"

If anyone makes the statement: “I love God,” and yet is hating his brother, he is a liar. For he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot be loving God, whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him, that the one who loves God should be loving his brother also. 1 John 4:20-21

The way a person relates to God's human organization has something to do with the way a person relates to God. Do you respect the organization? Not likely. That's why I said what I said.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Do you respect the organization?

Apparently you don't because you are here.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Well you obviously aren't adhering to what the organization says, so why do you feel the need to so adamently defend them? You obviously see problems with what they teach. Why do you keep on insisting on defending the GB?

• sherah
    sherah
    Do you respect the organization? Not likely. That's why I said what I said.

It's obvious that you don't respect the 'administrative' directives of your organization because you are here associating with DF'd persons. You are a hypocrite.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Today, also, God requires and exacts from his children obedience honor and respect. These must be rendered not only to the living God himself, but to his wifely organization as well" Watchtower, 1 May 1957, p. 274"

Are you doing that Alice????

Are you obedient to 'his wifely organization'?

I haven't found a Watchtower that tells you to go to Apostate websites and slag off the Catholic Church and defend 'Mother' for her pedophile protecting policies, but that's what you are here doing.

Just admit it.... by being here and associating with us ................ you are us. Just another Apostate, posting on an Apostate forum despite all of the best psychological warfare the Watchtower could pull out of its backside. You have joined us.

Welcome.

We love you.

I throw back the sheets and invite you in.

Its warm in here.

We can't tickle your ears with what you want to hear, but we love you all the same.

Chris

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"You profess to be an inactive JW who actively associates with DF'd persons, ignoring 'administrative' directives of your faith. You are a hypocrite."

Hypocrisy is the act of persistently professing beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards that are inconsistent with one's actions. Hypocrisy is thus a kind of lie. - Wikipedia

If you want to get this personal I'm not persistently professing beliefs, opinions, virtues, feelings, qualities, or standards, I'm simply countering slander that runs rife here. Lay off personalizing strangers. You know nothing about me.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You know nothing about me.

We know that you claim to be a jw and that you are here. What more do we need to know?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit